Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

diesel heater working fine now!
« on: November 27, 2020, 04:25:49 pm »
 :D :D :D :D

i reckon it must of been an airlock/blockage in the heat exchanger as its working great again now.....

coiled hose water temperature(after 20 mins from firing up this morning)...44c.....ambient air temperature 4c

this afternoon(less than half a tank left).....56c....i couldnt hold my hand under it for more than a few seconds....ambient air temperature 6c....... 8)
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

Re: diesel heater working fine now!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 04:29:04 pm »

Cleaned the car and van after work......the car looked like it was on fire!👍😎......happy days....

deeege

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 04:33:19 pm »
Phew. You’ve had us worrying all day Daz! Will you be taking it for a service still?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

KS Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 04:41:15 pm »
The combination of piping hot water and using a brush won’t do the paintwork any favours.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 04:42:58 pm »
Phew. You’ve had us worrying all day Daz! Will you be taking it for a service still?

ive phoned 2 people this afternoon and they dont do webasto water heater servicing anymore........

yes i do want to get it serviced if i dont have to travel too far Danny......ive also got a number off a customer who has a narrowboat and that place is in middlewich.....which is not too far...better than driving all the way to grippatank or pure freedom!

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 04:44:45 pm »
The combination of piping hot water and using a brush won’t do the paintwork any favours.

i dont care....im chopping it in for another new one in april next year..gonna go for a GTI instead of another  GTD! :D

its the only thing the xline flocked brush is good for! ;D

deeege

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2020, 04:51:17 pm »

ive phoned 2 people this afternoon and they dont do webasto water heater servicing anymore........

yes i do want to get it serviced if i dont have to travel too far Danny......ive also got a number off a customer who has a narrowboat and that place is in middlewich.....which is not too far...better than driving all the way to grippatank or pure freedom!

I was gonna suggest the canal boat place in Middlewich.  I drive past it every other week, they’ll sort you out.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

simon w

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 04:58:19 pm »
Why don't you just use the Webasto UK website to find an authorised service engineer closest to where you live? That's what I did and have used them for services many times since 2010 when I had my first hot system from PF.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2020, 05:15:51 pm »

i dont care....im chopping it in for another new one in april next year..gonna go for a GTI instead of another  GTD! :D

its the only thing the xline flocked brush is good for! ;D
Get a R much better than a GTI

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2020, 05:25:07 pm »
Why don't you just use the Webasto UK website to find an authorised service engineer closest to where you live? That's what I did and have used them for services many times since 2010 when I had my first hot system from PF.

From my experience the agent advertised by Webasto UK in Middlesbrough hasn't done Webasto repairs for the past 2 years. The guy who did retired and they haven't replaced him.

The agent advised in Durham talked the talk but when it came to the point of getting a unit booked in for repair they responded they would get back to me. Still waiting but I just knew at the time it wasn't going to happen.

If you find someone who has been in the repair side for years on the canals then you have a better chance of getting a unit repaired than we do.

There was a guy on Ebay offering a repair service for Thermo 90's. His charge was nearly £400 plus parts.  May as well buy a new one for £1350 because your repair costs won't be much less than that. Ask Splash and Dash. 
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2020, 05:49:21 pm »

i tried that....the 2 i phoned up dont service them anymore......

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2020, 05:54:04 pm »

From my experience the agent advertised by Webasto UK in Middlesbrough hasn't done Webasto repairs for the past 2 years. The guy who did retired and they haven't replaced him.

The agent advised in Durham talked the talk but when it came to the point of getting a unit booked in for repair they responded they would get back to me. Still waiting but I just knew at the time it wasn't going to happen.

If you find someone who has been in the repair side for years on the canals then you have a better chance of getting a unit repaired than we do.

There was a guy on Ebay offering a repair service for Thermo 90's. His charge was nearly £400 plus parts.  May as well buy a new one for £1350 because your repair costs won't be much less than that. Ask Splash and Dash.

it seems to be quite difficult to find someone who is sufficiently qualified who ll service them.........

P @ F

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2020, 07:36:18 pm »
I always service my own , decoke , new screen , new glow plug , new diesel filter  all for £15 and half hour of my day  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

simon w

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2020, 08:27:01 pm »

it seems to be quite difficult to find someone who is sufficiently qualified who ll service them.........

Not on my Manor

Spruce

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2020, 08:30:31 pm »

You can also buy a 12kw knock off Eberspacher Hot water heater  from China for peanuts. I'm sure there would be customs and import tax to pay on that.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Remote-Control-12KW-24V-12V-waterParking_60859189664.html?spm=a2700.details.deiletai6.1.29365db7ka52qO

Its turning these things into becoming throw away products. The problem is the Germans don't know that yet.

The Chinese have already shown that with their mass produced air heaters. I would love to know what Eberspatcer's Airtronic sales are like now.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

NWH

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2020, 08:50:51 pm »
That’s the thing with the 5kw it is a lot easier to service yourself anything hardware is easy enough to swap out and replace once you’ve done it a few times and taken pictures as you go,I think the burner only took less than an hour to swap over it’s as easy as undoing 4-5 screws changing the gasket  and burner and putting back together,reconnect the pipes and you’ve got a new burner.

Splash & dash

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2020, 09:34:22 pm »
:D :D :D :D

i reckon it must of been an airlock/blockage in the heat exchanger as its working great again now.....

coiled hose water temperature(after 20 mins from firing up this morning)...44c.....ambient air temperature 4c

this afternoon(less than half a tank left).....56c....i couldnt hold my hand under it for more than a few seconds....ambient air temperature 6c....... 8)

There you go what did I say 😂😂😂

NWH

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2020, 09:36:27 pm »
Well done Splash another thing we now know that’ll save time 👍

Splash & dash

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2020, 09:44:10 pm »
Well done Splash another thing we now know that’ll save time 👍

I only suspected it was an air lock as I had the same thing happen a couple of years ago , I did think like you if it wasn’t that it would be the circulation pump they are expensive at £300 a go , so glad it was an air lock

NWH

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2020, 10:32:17 pm »
Yeah unusual an air lock though they are very reliable units though when you think the use they get.