Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Barryy

Which booster pump?
« on: June 15, 2018, 11:56:44 pm »
Hi folks, looking for some advice. I've just bought one of these: http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pure-water-systems/water-treatment/commercial-ro-complete-systems/prf-ro-reverse-osmosis-unit.html

I need to add a booster pump as my tap pressure is only around 25psi. I'd need one that automatically cuts out when water flow is stopped. I've found one that seems to me to fit the bill, anyone here any experience of it? Here's the link:  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IBO-BJ45-75-Electric-Centrifugal-Water-Booster-PUMP-AUTOMATIC-CONTROLLER-/182194386067?hash=item2a6ba1b493:g:cSMAAOSwpDdVTKaC

Also, where should the pump be fitted on the PRF-RO, before the filter/membrane housing or after it?

Thanks.

Spruce

Re: Which booster pump?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 10:36:26 am »
Hi folks, looking for some advice. I've just bought one of these: http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pure-water-systems/water-treatment/commercial-ro-complete-systems/prf-ro-reverse-osmosis-unit.html

I need to add a booster pump as my tap pressure is only around 25psi. I'd need one that automatically cuts out when water flow is stopped. I've found one that seems to me to fit the bill, anyone here any experience of it? Here's the link:  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IBO-BJ45-75-Electric-Centrifugal-Water-Booster-PUMP-AUTOMATIC-CONTROLLER-/182194386067?hash=item2a6ba1b493:g:cSMAAOSwpDdVTKaC

Also, where should the pump be fitted on the PRF-RO, before the filter/membrane housing or after it?

Thanks.

They don't provide any info on this listing with regard to the controller. But the bit of general info they do list seems to indicate that the controller side will work in you application.

If the pump will work is another story. We know this pump works as Gardiners used to sell them for boosting water pressure to PRF, 4021 and 4040 r/os.
https://www.xline-systems.co.uk/en/xline-shop-2/wfp-controllers-pumps/240v-booster-pump-with-electronic-shutoff-detail

The booster pump will go between the tap and your r/o.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Barryy

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 04:45:36 pm »
Thanks for the info Spruce, I'll have a look at that pump you linked to.

Gary f

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 08:32:19 pm »
Found one on tank devices like  x line
At tank services  at £238 including delivery... wortex  and Flo controller if you search website

Good luck looks the best option been told it works on here

Ian will

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 08:26:53 am »
Hi, looking for a update which booster pumps are  people using with their merlin prf-ro, my pressure is 40psi at the moment. Could some body point me  to posts about adding a prefilter before the carbon filter so it  lasts longer as mine is only last 2 months and the total pure and waste is over the 38,000ltrs

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 04:44:36 pm »
Hi, looking for a update which booster pumps are  people using with their merlin prf-ro, my pressure is 40psi at the moment. Could some body point me  to posts about adding a prefilter before the carbon filter so it  lasts longer as mine is only last 2 months and the total pure and waste is over the 38,000ltrs

What ever booster pump will work on a 4021 will work on a PRF.
I suggest you contact Daqua.co.uk and ask Doug the question. He lists a pump that will work for a 4021.

With regard to a prefilter, any prefilter housing will do. I would suggest a double prefilter, one for sediment and the other for a carbon block. My preference is 20" and a Fiberdyne carbon block.

Again, Doug will be able to sort this out for you.

I would also suggest you measure your waste to pure ratio. The early Merlins were very water wasteful having a 5 to 1 ratio. I believe the later PRF aren't as bad. I believe they are around 3 to 1.

Depending on your tap water tds you may be able to reduce that further. A 1/2" gate valve plumbed into the waste water pipe with relevant 1/2" fittings will help you throttle the waste back a bit more.

Ian will

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2020, 06:23:58 pm »

I suggest you contact Daqua.co.uk and ask Doug the question. He lists a pump that will work for a 4021.

With regard to a prefilter, any prefilter housing will do. I would suggest a double prefilter, one for sediment and the other for a carbon block. My preference is 20" and a Fiberdyne carbon block.

I would also suggest you measure your waste to pure ratio. The early Merlins were very water wasteful having a 5 to 1 ratio. I believe the later PRF aren't as bad. I believe they are around 3 to 1.

Depending on your tap water tds you may be able to reduce that further. A 1/2" gate valve plumbed into the waste water pipe with relevant 1/2" fittings will help you throttle the waste back a bit more.

Thanks for reply. My tap water  is reading 75 on a TDS3 and the ratio is 1 pure to 2.7 waste with a new  carbon fiberdyne filter, coming out the RO at 1ppm then through a DI to zero it . Im new to this WFP carry on and picking it up as I go along. Where would I get a 1/2 gate valve from , I hav 1/2 feed pipe into the RO but the smaller tube size on the waste water coming from the  DI.

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2020, 09:40:38 am »

Thanks for reply. My tap water  is reading 75 on a TDS3 and the ratio is 1 pure to 2.7 waste with a new  carbon fiberdyne filter, coming out the RO at 1ppm then through a DI to zero it . Im new to this WFP carry on and picking it up as I go along. Where would I get a 1/2 gate valve from , I hav 1/2 feed pipe into the RO but the smaller tube size on the waste water coming from the  DI.

I'm confused. Your waste water should go to the drain. Your pure should go through di and then into your tank/storage tank.

You could put a gate valve in your waste pipe to match whatever size the pipe is - 3/8"??? Or use reducers.

If you are getting a ratio of near enough 3 liters of waste to 1 liter of pure you would adjust the gate valve you add into the line closed so you get fractionally more waste than pure.  55% waste to 45% pure should work OK with your low tds.
But as with all things you may have to tweak it slightly, for example; 60% waste to 40% pure. You must strive for your r/o's sweet spot - where its producing pure with the lowest tds.

Ian will

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2020, 05:10:34 pm »
OMG sorry I didn't read what I wrote afterwards, the waste water does go to the drain, thanks for the help