Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

md_cleaning

NJORD
« on: November 16, 2020, 06:56:58 pm »
Had two emails from this company about a new range of carpet cleaning chemicals, anyone tried any of them?

Lewis Newby

Re: NJORD
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 08:44:49 pm »
Seem to be popular on Facebook but I try not to buy into the latest fad products . More then pleased with restormates line of chems theres a new heavy duty pre spray out this week, I will gladly buy based on their current products

john martin

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 09:07:03 pm »
looking up his data sheets  ,    very similar to lots of other products , prochem etc   .     nothing new ,  but nothing gimmicky either ...  not sure how his prices compare .

Tammystaffordshire

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 12:10:29 am »
The powders were just relabelled stock from a carpet cleaning company
But njord  increase the price through the roof. £69.00 + vat for 9kg is expense.

john martin

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 03:26:43 pm »
But njord  increase the price through the roof. £69.00 + vat for 9kg is expense.

Yeah ,   it turns out the Njord range was just a guy with a laptop talking sales trash on facebook  ..   no actual product

meanwhile it was just nick of solutions fame  , sticking viking stickers on his products and posting them out .
Who would have thought he'd be involved in anything dodgy   :o

Dont know why Nick pulled the plug though  ... you wouild think it was perfectly symbiotic .
Even if the guy charged a lot more ... nick was still shifting chemical and benefiting . 

The Njord guy the just went to the chemical producer direct ... and has his own chemical line now .
Just shows how long it takes to get a carpet  chemical line  ... a week or so , just phone up ... hello can i have a line of carpet cleaning chemicals ...  and make sure its unique !    no problem wel'l adjust the percentages ... give it a different smell,  it will be unique then .

But your point about the price  ... the american stuff coming in is even more expensive per 10KG than the £70 he was charging ...
Meanwhile the likes of hi-lite and other charging just 35 for 10kg .
Suckers will pay for branding .

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 07:32:32 pm »

Yeah ,   it turns out the Njord range was just a guy with a laptop talking sales trash on facebook  ..   no actual product

meanwhile it was just nick of solutions fame  , sticking viking stickers on his products and posting them out .
Who would have thought he'd be involved in anything dodgy   :o

Dont know why Nick pulled the plug though  ... you wouild think it was perfectly symbiotic .
Even if the guy charged a lot more ... nick was still shifting chemical and benefiting . 

The Njord guy the just went to the chemical producer direct ... and has his own chemical line now .
Just shows how long it takes to get a carpet  chemical line  ... a week or so , just phone up ... hello can i have a line of carpet cleaning chemicals ...  and make sure its unique !    no problem wel'l adjust the percentages ... give it a different smell,  it will be unique then .

But your point about the price  ... the american stuff coming in is even more expensive per 10KG than the £70 he was charging ...
Meanwhile the likes of hi-lite and other charging just 35 for 10kg .
Suckers will pay for branding .

We need to remember Oli Farrey who own the Njord company totally denied  all those allegation  that he just sold rebranded chemicals form Nick at World  of Clean, and it was just a conspiracy by the big names in the industry to sully  his good name.

I would suggest people  give them a try and make their own mind up rather than listen to gossip
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

john martin

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 07:49:24 pm »

That would be quite a plot twist .

So either Him or Nick is a brazen liar .   Only one of them is correct .

im sure Nick could put up a pic of a roll of Njord Stickers next to his  from his unit if he was to prove it , or some document related to the transaction.

dustee

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 08:07:24 pm »
John something tells me you really don't like Nick

john martin

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 08:27:14 pm »
Nothing against him personally , i just like to call out the hypocrisy and half truths of cleantalk sometimes .    :)

john martin

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2021, 08:41:08 pm »
Actually, i think id believe Nick in this case  ...
Look at the evidence  ... the guys chemical containers and stickers were similar to WOC
He spoke of a ' distribution center ' for his chemicals
At the same time as nick pulled the plug he had downtime followed by a new product launch .
Nick clearly posted  that he   was behind it all distribution wise  ... i can't believe Nick would be that brazen and set himself up for a fall .
There ... i just defended Nick    :D

dustee

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2021, 08:50:47 pm »
Thats a first then

The only product we've used from woc was H202 encap  it did the job so can't fault or comment on there other products

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2021, 09:49:31 pm »
Actually, i think id believe Nick in this case  ...
Look at the evidence  ... the guys chemical containers and stickers were similar to WOC
He spoke of a ' distribution center ' for his chemicals
At the same time as nick pulled the plug he had downtime followed by a new product launch .
Nick clearly posted  that he   was behind it all distribution wise  ... i can't believe Nick would be that brazen and set himself up for a fall .
There ... i just defended Nick    :D

Was very much he says, he says etc..

Want to try them? Try them, quite a lot are happy. Can't see myself buying them as I'm stocked up on hilite and prochem, and hilite seems to be working well for me. I'm also not a fan of liquids, end up using loads of product with bottles that are a git to get rid of.

But each to their own, if you have had WOC and your happy with them, crack on and let the facebook battles carry on in the background.

john martin

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2021, 10:20:49 pm »
similarity of containers  ...   old Njord / WOC

john martin

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2021, 10:32:03 pm »
New  ... containers ... different and just liquids

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2021, 10:52:07 pm »
As far as I am aware, it started by someone returning some of the original Njord powders and noticed the return address was to Nick at Solutions.

Also, I think if you want proof that Nick was supplying the powders, if you made an order of the original Njord powders, if you ring him he will confirm what you ordered and when.

I think Nick only got miffed when the cat was out the bag in the Facebook groups and Oli continually denied it. I think that eventually brought the bad feeling between the 2 and it was Nick that pulled the plug on the supply to protect his reputation to some extent as he then didn't want to be associated with someone who was out and out lying and displaying quite disturbing behaviour for someone who needs the support and trust of his customers to succeed.

john martin

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2021, 11:14:28 pm »
His whole setup and  presentation is so amateurish  ...   how do people buy into him   ???

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2021, 08:22:25 am »
Njord isn't for me,

Have nothing against Oli and hope he does well, I try to use my local supplier who sells craftex and prochem, and I've had a bit from WOC (Hardly customer of the year).

However liquids, deffo not for me.. I've seen loads of images of cleaners having deliveries this week of about 200L of cleaner.. that's 200kg extra on your van if you don't decant them (and a lot won't). Much rather have a 4kg tub of powder (or in my case 1kg as I d decant).

I know they mix better but basically carrying a lot of water around.

Either way the videos doing the rounds show they work well. They're all pretty much 50ml per Litre. So 1L will make you 20L of prespray and I think the Litre ones are 11.99 inc postage. Still a fair return.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2021, 06:18:57 pm »
Yea i think his liquids look good to be fair. All seem high pH though and aimed at commercial/synthetics

I think a lot of cleaning solutions for our industry are rebadged/marketed and sold for a lot more than they should be, Oxy Boost being one of the prime examples.

Craftex and Clover do a lot of good chems well priced and probably the same ingredients, especially if you know how to tweak or boost them of you need to

Lewis Newby

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2021, 08:15:18 pm »

Interesting early feedback on the liquid range on FB tonight  ::)roll

john martin

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2021, 09:32:36 pm »
Regarding any dilution rate  ..
Personally, i only take them as a rough guideline  ...

Think about it ..  hundreds or thousands of chemical plants in the world  ...  are they all following the same  formula for determining dilution rates ... are they all sharing the same standards for determining dilution rates ?
And who would be issuing those standards and based on what  ... think of all the variables in carpet cleaning ... different soiling levels .. different carpets ... different staining .
Also you find multiple examples of cleaning solution manufactures issuing several dilution rates for a product based on soil level ...eg ... for pre treatment of a stain use neat or at high concentrate.
Suggesting that the usual recommendation rate for a prespray for eg , might not be the optimum for a heavily soiled   of stained area of the carpet .
Give you another non related example when i was googling the subject .   In farming ... the government recommended dilution rate for a particular concentration of a cleaning /sanitizing chemical used in dairy buildings daily ... is way different in new zealand ...than it is in this part of the world . 
Use you own judgement on what concentration gives you the optimal results ... if you are using a product long term you get an instinct for that .