Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mjm

Re: NJORD
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2021, 09:54:52 pm »
even the pictures on the labels look   strange

Tammystaffordshire

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2021, 10:08:49 pm »
I'd stick to the company you know and trust because even if this is repackaged liquids. Who do you go to with an issue/problem because njord don't seem interested once they've had you money. At least if you stick to the company you know any problems you've got back up. They know you and you know them, They put thing right if needed, They know the chemical breakdown so if you get a problem they can help. and not block you on facebook.

john martin

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2021, 11:16:46 pm »
i think i see a pic of his production facilities  ...
He takes a spoonfull fron the big can ... and put it into each small can ... and fills with tap on right .
I think Nick has the same setup for the M-Power   
 :)

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2021, 08:37:57 am »
i think i see a pic of his production facilities  ...
He takes a spoonfull fron the big can ... and put it into each small can ... and fills with tap on right .
I think Nick has the same setup for the M-Power   
 :)

TBH I think that was a customer showing off their delivery.

That's a lot of chemicals though. You would have no choice but to decant it, and then it's storing that many chems too.  If it's 25 Litres each, looking at 1/4 of a tonne just on chemicals !! (That's before you get started on spotters and other chems as there are currently gaps in their range).

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2021, 09:44:34 am »
The post shown from Facebook was the thing that i suspected and was worried about happening.

The range is all high pH and if someone is using that in domestics with wool and all sorts of fabrics mixed in to upholstery, then it's going to catch the less experienced out and result in call backs.

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2021, 09:54:36 am »
The post shown from Facebook was the thing that i suspected and was worried about happening.

The range is all high pH and if someone is using that in domestics with wool and all sorts of fabrics mixed in to upholstery, then it's going to catch the less experienced out and result in call backs.

The one in questions is ph10.5 though?

Just seems very off as there are a fair few people who are using it without issue,

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2021, 10:21:55 am »
The problem is about detergents, non detergents and solvents.

The pH comes more into play as far as i am aware when using detergent based products as opposed to microsplitters etc. Start throwing in enough solvent that means you can't sell it in tubs bigger than 5 litres (which is the situation with one of those liquids) and then you have mixes that without proper testing, could catch you out. Without having a team of scientists that have the knowledge for products on soft furnishings, you end up having the end users as being your testers. And you can see from that FB post, any problems and you will want to refer to the supplier, if that suppliers response is to block you to save face, then thats not a great option.

A lot of solvents aren't free rinsing with just water, so if using a solvent prespray, if you haven't got the right type of solvent in that prespray and the right rinse going on, you end up leaving a lot of solvent behind, that causes problems with the fabric after drying.

A lot of this can be solved if you are using a TM with high heated rinse, which i think these products are aimed at, but i'd be really cautious using them in domestics with portables.

Mike Halliday

Re: NJORD New
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2021, 12:02:55 pm »
See as I’m a big, bad moderator :P.

I’m going to lock this topic. The bloke in question is not member of CIU and cannot answer the accusations made against him and his company.  In the spirit of fair play he should have the right to reply,  which he does not.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk