This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nick Day

Re: heart scare.......so taking the rest of the week off....
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2020, 08:57:02 pm »
Hello Daz
I have never had any side effects, but I was and am still on 2 tablets of 80mg of sotalol per day. One in the morning, one at night. I suspect your one heavier dosage per day is not working for you. Don't be afraid to tell your doctor you would like to change, perhaps later if it ever becomes permanent, you've got years yet!! I was the same as you, I never took them until I had a phase and it did not hurt. There is no need to take blood thinners unless you are having a phase. Be advised, AF and the flu don't agree. Start having the flu jab, and if you get the flu make sure you keep up the fluids. Mine started when I was 50, it only went permanent three years ago I am now 71. Best of luck, you'll be fine!!

NWH

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2020, 09:09:16 pm »
You’ll have to be careful with the old weekender pill 💊 now Daz 🤣🤣🤣🤣 that’ll get the old heart going 💓

windowswashed

« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2020, 09:18:09 pm »
Don't be in a rush to get back to work, health always has to come first. Can't take your money with you when you slide in your coffin sideways rushing around.  Get well and chill out for a bit Daz

NWH

« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2020, 09:22:19 pm »
Too much rich food from all those 5 star ⭐️ places m8 do what the rest do go to Butlins 🤣🤣

Stoots

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2020, 11:15:31 pm »
Hi Daz, glad your ok buddy.
Its not quite the same im sure but last year I had a scare with my heart or so I thought.  I went to pick my 3yr old daughter up out of bed and i got shooting pains in my chest, my heart area.  I couldnt get a full breath without more pain and quickly got a cold sweat on.  After a minute or so, I thought im not dead so its not a heart attack and stumbled back to my room and somehow managed to wife the wife.
I must admit the ambulance was amazing, they were at the door before she put the phone down.
However at this point the worse was over but they could see i clearly experienced something but they couldnt work out what.
The doc's at hospital put it down to a pulled chest muscle which I dont understand. Ive had pulled muscles and know how much they ache afterwards and this never did.
I went my doctors day after and booked in for a colesterol test etc and it came back OK and in the safe zone.
It does worry me as im not convinced by their answers and not sure if it will happen again. It scared the life out of me and never fancy going through that again.
So I can kinda sympathise with you bud, it certainly is a scare. Take it steady pal and stay safe n well

I reckon you had a muscle pain or something in your chest and then went into a panic attack which mimics heart attack symptoms.

the first time i got rushed to hospital i was sat eating dinner and i felt a bit feint, i looked in the mirror and i was pale. I got a twinge in my chest then started to panic, ended up with heart rate through the roof and went outside to lie down in the garden as i couldnt breathe and felt like i was about to pass out. Ambulance came and reckoned i was having a heart attack, by the time i got to the hospital i had calmed down and felt ok. Had all the tests and came back with nothing. This happened again about 6 months later.  I was a nervous wreck for quite a while after and went years with having twinges in my chest, each time i had one i panicked then i learnt to control it and never rang the ambulance since lol

I was put on beta blockers for anxiety but i stopped taking them, made me feel worse.

That’s the thing Adam, anxiety and stress = high cortisol and adrenaline levels = bad for the organs and body .

Staying at relaxed as possible helps with all health issues.

Obviously stress isn’t always the cause, but my word does it wreak havoc with the body.

When I was suffering severe anxiety as a young 20 year old, my cortisol levels were through the roof, I felt ill all the time, horrible symptoms.

Since being anxiety free,  my body feels much, much healthier.

I've never had my cortisol levels checked but I've had anxiety/depressive episodes since being a teenager. It peaked in my 20s then as I've got older I've learnt to live with it so it doesn't take me over as easily. I still get panic attacks and anxiety in certain stressfull situations but usually milder than full blown I think I'm going to die ambulance inducing attacks.

dazmond

« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2020, 10:55:42 am »
I feel much better today now I've stopped  taking the beta blockers...took the dog for a good walk in the park....got a bit wet but didnt feel  sick and dizzy like I did yesterday.....

Have a great day chaps.....
price higher/work harder!

harleyman

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2020, 01:28:46 pm »
if you pack in can I have your diesel heater ;D

harleyman

« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2020, 01:33:15 pm »
I have the same affect every time I buy a bag of resin

NWH

« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2020, 02:05:31 pm »
if you pack in can I have your diesel heater ;D

His Mrs you mean she likes a lot of sex Daz said 🤣🤣🤣🤣

robbo333

« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2020, 04:05:29 pm »
You could always get a pacemaker.

Get a hot blood one rather than a cold blood one, because they work quicker and better!

Seriously, take it easy.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

NWH

« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2020, 06:25:31 pm »
A hot blood 🩸 1 lol again that goes for women make sure you get a hot blooded 1 of them too not a cold corpse 🤣🤣

dazmond

« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2020, 06:30:36 pm »
You could always get a pacemaker.

Get a hot blood one rather than a cold blood one, because they work quicker and better!

Seriously, take it easy.

im itching to get back now after 4 days off! ;D.........going back monday..... :)

ive decided to keep taking the beta blockers.....its only a very  low dose and maybe ill get used to the side effects.....it specifically says on the box DO NOT STOP TAKING THIS MEDICATION WITHOUT CONSULTING YOUR DOCTOR FIRST!

Dave Willis

« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2020, 06:35:17 pm »
Not like you to change your mind  ???

NWH

« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2020, 06:37:49 pm »
Most medication if not all says that I would be more careful with heart medication though,they aren’t giving it to you for nothing Daz.

Marko

« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2020, 08:00:12 pm »
All the best bud - let us know how you get on.
Thank God for decent free health care 👍

Simon Trapani

« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2020, 09:48:38 pm »
Just look after yourself Dazmond & get well soon.

Elfyn

« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2020, 10:03:10 am »
After feeling like c**p for about 3 years I was finally diagnosed with AF and angina last summer after a blue light dash to A & E.
Since then I've had 3 cardioversions that didn't work and I'm now waiting for a pacemaker - a long wait under the circumstances.
I'd planned to work untill I was at least 70 and I'm sure you thought much the same, but.........the time has come, Daz to take a long hard look at your life. Your health is by far your biggest priority.
The symproms you described can be down to your condition, but if you feel they are caused by the tablets your taking, have a word with your doctor and they will try something else. DO NOT stop taking them.

dazmond

« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2020, 03:13:36 pm »
After feeling like c**p for about 3 years I was finally diagnosed with AF and angina last summer after a blue light dash to A & E.
Since then I've had 3 cardioversions that didn't work and I'm now waiting for a pacemaker - a long wait under the circumstances.
I'd planned to work untill I was at least 70 and I'm sure you thought much the same, but.........the time has come, Daz to take a long hard look at your life. Your health is by far your biggest priority.
The symproms you described can be down to your condition, but if you feel they are caused by the tablets your taking, have a word with your doctor and they will try something else. DO NOT stop taking them.

ive not got AF constantly.....ive had 3 episodes in 14 years thats all......

all 3 times flecainide in a drip has got my heartbeat back to normal eventually.....

im not giving anything up......whether its window cleaning,weight training or playing the drums.....in fact my new roland electric kit is getting delivered on monday so im going back to work tuesday now after a full week off! ;D

the beta blocker im taking is a very low dose(1.25mg per day) but ive only been taking it since tuesday so it will probably take time to get used to it....i dont have angina and i dont feel like crap most of the time so this is probably a little blip....

i certainly dont need a pacemaker(i wouldnt have one either)!neither do you really....an ablation would be better.....a pacemaker DOESNT GET RID OF AF........

dazmond

« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2020, 03:15:06 pm »
Just look after yourself Dazmond & get well soon.

the thing is IM NOT ILL!i feel totally normal apart from the slightly annoying side affects of these drugs......

dazmond

« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2020, 05:25:08 pm »

i dont need "to take a long hard look at my life" mate.....there is literally nothing i can do to make it healthier........

i dont smoke,drink or take street drugs anymore and havent for years

i only work part time on the windows so very little stress

i eat a good diet 80% of the time

i exercise(weight training,stationary bike,walking the dog,drumming)a few times a week....