This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

heart scare.......so taking the rest of the week off....
« on: July 01, 2020, 02:44:30 pm »
so i got my missus to take me to hospital yesterday morning at 8am....id woken up at 4am and immediately knew i was in AF(atrial fibrillation)......i had 2 episodes of it 14 years ago but nothing since(when i was 34)...back then i had loads of heart tests and they couldnt find anything wrong....

hooked up on a monitor and my heart was reading 165....going down to 37 within in a minute or so and shooting back up again....they just couldnt get my heart rate back to normal sinus rhythm and out of AF....started off with beta blockers and an injection of blood thinners in my stomach,then a drip of flecainide...6 hours later they let me out..luckily about an hour later as i was taking the dog for a walk my heart went back to normal.....

today i feel normal as if it never happened..... ???.......anyway got to go back in 2 -4 weeks and theyll give me another ECG......they said if im still in AF   theyll give me a cardioversion(electric shock to the chest)but that wont be needed now hopefully.......

so im on beta blockers and blood thinners now....probably for the rest of my life now..... :o ;D

time to get a pill box now lads....... ;D

so im taking it easy this week.......no window cleaning until monday now........ive not had a week off since xmas!
price higher/work harder!

deeege

Re: heart scare.......so taking the rest of the week off....
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 02:47:11 pm »
Doesn’t sound good that Daz, must be scary as hell when your heart rate shoots up to it’s maximum and you can’t control it . Hope you make a speedy recovery mate. 👍
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 02:59:57 pm »
Sorry to hear that Daz. Hope "they" get you sorted.
It's a game of three halves!

Rayleigh Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 03:03:39 pm »
All the best Daz, take it steady for a bit.
Work will all be there tomorrow mate.

Steve

zesty

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 03:08:28 pm »
Crumbs Daz,

Good that you woke up! Was your heart racing like you’d been for a fast run?

Hope it gets better mate. Have a relaxing few days to restore the rythm!

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 03:18:03 pm »
Crumbs Daz,

Good that you woke up! Was your heart racing like you’d been for a fast run?

Hope it gets better mate. Have a relaxing few days to restore the rythm!

yeah....its a horrible feeling...basically your heart is jumping around in your chest all over the place.....you start to go dizzy and its hard to catch your breath.....its dangerous too if you dont get urgent medical help as blood can pool and clot in your top chambers of your heart if you dont act quickly and get some blood thinners in your system.....your much more likely to have a stroke too.... :(

today i feel fine....as if it never happened.......

NWH

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 03:20:10 pm »
Hope you get well soon Daz the old drink and talcum powders  catching up with you m8 🤣🤣🤣🤣

NWH

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 03:22:41 pm »
It’s the stress of working on your own m8 you were fine until you got that swivel 🪑 🤣🤣

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2020, 03:23:09 pm »
Doesn’t sound good that Daz, must be scary as hell when your heart rate shoots up to it’s maximum and you can’t control it . Hope you make a speedy recovery mate. 👍

its even worse the first time it happens...i thought i was gonna die before i reached the hospital back in 2006....luckily i knew what it was straight away this time thankfully.....

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2020, 03:32:08 pm »
Hope you get well soon Daz the old drink and talcum powders  catching up with you m8 🤣🤣🤣🤣

ive hardly touched a drop of booze or cocaine in 16 years mate......i do wonder whether the heavy drinking in my teens and twenties has caused some heart muscle damage though........

although i remember my mother taking me to the doctors after having a short episode of heart palpitations when i was a 10 year old kid....the doctor said it was normal for people to have palpitations and it was nothing to worry about....

NWH

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2020, 03:36:32 pm »
One of those things m8 I know plenty of people that have gone down the pub most evenings for 3-4 pints,it’s mapped out when you are born m8.

zesty

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2020, 04:21:45 pm »

ive hardly touched a drop of booze or cocaine in 16 years mate......i do wonder whether the heavy drinking in my teens and twenties has caused some heart muscle damage though........

although i remember my mother taking me to the doctors after having a short episode of heart palpitations when i was a 10 year old kid....the doctor said it was normal for people to have palpitations and it was nothing to worry about....

Loads of people get heart palpitations mate, I’ve had them, wife also every now and then.

But when the heart is racing that high, it’s kinda out of control mate.

A friend in the gym was having the same as you, but his heart was going to near 200bpm when at rest! turned out to be something to do with one side of the heart not growing as big as the other. Long time issue undiagnosed until he was 37 odd.

He’s been operated on and now ok. But scary time for him.

Dave Willis

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2020, 04:25:01 pm »
Probably unused sperm furring your arteries up.

Wee man

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2020, 04:50:46 pm »
Glad you're feeling better,  it happened to me about 7 years ago.  They shocked my heart to get it back into beat but must of done some damage to the heart as I was bad for about 2 years ( not getting a breath and sleeping all the time)
I had to sell up then start up again after about 3 years ago. 
My doc did say it would happen again as your heart remembers it tho it hasn't happened again yet.

LBWCS

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2020, 05:18:00 pm »
get an apple watch with built in ecg Daz

Shrek

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2020, 05:19:49 pm »
Lucky you knew what was happening and got it sorted ASAP . Glad your better , we need positive people like you in the world! Stay safe 👍

Dave Willis

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2020, 05:27:41 pm »
Daz’s heart rate normally leaps when he wakes up and remembers it’s a window cleaning day.
Mine normally sinks.

I have AF and take beta blockers, mine doesn’t race, it skips and misses beats (palpitations) bad news is you’ll most likely be higher risk for a stroke too. Apart from that I wouldn’t worry too much. Very common.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2020, 05:47:08 pm »
Best wishes to you. God sounds awful. Definitely rest up and do nothing for a week in my opinion. Plenty rest/water and day time tv 😀

NWH

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2020, 05:53:07 pm »
What’s she gonna do now Daz you did say she likes a lot of sex 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 maybe that’s what did it

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2020, 06:13:26 pm »
Bloody wimp, get back to work! Works through a pandemic without a day off then gets a flutter and downs tools! Try working a sweat up ya part-timer and the old ticker might work properly!!😬😜🤣
Beat smarter not faster.❤😘

.............just incase you do peg it Daz, what's the girlfriend's address?
Comfortably Numb!