Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Carl2009

Re: Serious Question To Those Working
« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2020, 02:21:05 pm »
The chancellor mentioned a string. We'll get less tax breaks. Pay it back in some way. We always do.
It's an economic decision that is will also help the government too, hopefully.

[/quote]

Yep, he's going to make sure that our National Insurance matches those on PAYE. Currently we pay less. Hopefully though there will be parity in welfare benefits too.

NWH

« Reply #181 on: April 04, 2020, 05:30:26 pm »
We don’t get enough benefits being self employed anyway,I think anyone being there own boss having the get up and go to get out in the morning and earn there own living should get more breaks.

G Griffin

« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2020, 09:58:50 pm »
The way I see it atm is the 5% who will lose out are the directors and people who earn over £50k. On one hand I think the government will look after us and on the other I think they won’t. They have thrown money all over the shop though so I’m inclined to think they’re going to bail us all out and have us pay it back through taxes when we’re on the other side. I do have a niggling suspicion that they will weasel out of it for us. They’re Tories, Tories don’t splash the cash normally. Yes I know it’s not normal circumstances.

I think the government really need to clarify who can travel to work. We are in a unique position where our work involves travel to work and having to work in different places. I’m trying to think of how many trades are similar to us...gardeners, mobile car valeters any more? I just googled mobile car valeting forums to see if they were working/staying home but I didn’t find anything.
Why do so many find the simplest of things so hard to understand,  the virus spreads from person to person by contact which is why we are using social distancing to slow it down.
Therefore if you are able to practice social distancing while working you can work, it couldn't be any clearer.
That could seriously mislead some window cleaners. They might have to work it out on a desk on their front seat.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

« Reply #183 on: April 14, 2020, 10:14:26 pm »
If they told me the country wouldn’t suffer if we all had to pay another £50 a month Nat Ins I’d happily pay it to help cover the debts.

NWH

« Reply #184 on: April 14, 2020, 10:14:59 pm »
Anything is better than having to worry about a recession.

« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2020, 11:59:30 pm »

No need to worry about it. It’s definitely going to happen. Nothing you or I can do about it.

Going to be a bad un too.

Ooooooog

« Reply #186 on: April 15, 2020, 09:31:41 am »

No need to worry about it. It’s definitely going to happen. Nothing you or I can do about it.

A recession brings opportunities.

Dry Clean

« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2020, 10:55:43 am »

The last recession brought on my the banking crisis seen a 0.5% drop in GDP they reckon this one will be closer to 15%, some are even saying it could be as much as 35%, even at 15% its bound to have a knock on effect on our businesses.

G Griffin

« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2020, 11:05:15 am »

The last recession brought on my the banking crisis seen a 0.5% drop in GDP they reckon this one will be closer to 15%, some are even saying it could be as much as 35%, even at 15% its bound to have a knock on effect on our businesses.
I think you've got that wrong.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Dry Clean

« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2020, 12:17:59 pm »

I think you've got that wrong.
You're right is was between 6% and 8%

Rob.Hall

« Reply #190 on: April 15, 2020, 01:07:55 pm »
More window cleaners out there if we do get a lot of people unemployed..
Easy industry to start and run.

Slacky

« Reply #191 on: April 15, 2020, 01:08:57 pm »
That thought occurred to me a few days ago.

Clean Cloth

« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2020, 04:11:19 pm »
There will definitely be more start ups.
I have had 2 customers call me because someone has been going round telling them "your old window cleaner is not coming back anymore, I am your new window cleaner".

Also last week some customers at some flats in another area I clean told me the same thing, most did not bite but 3 did have their windows cleaned by him. They were not happy with his work so I still cleaned them again.

NWH

« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2020, 04:43:58 pm »
That’s an old 1 lol your old window cleaner has packed up,go back in a months time and say he won’t be coming anymore either he’s got 2 broken wrists and a nose like a cobblers thumb now.

dazmond

« Reply #194 on: April 16, 2020, 08:32:30 am »
More window cleaners out there if we do get a lot of people unemployed..
Easy industry to start and run.

Its still hard to make a decent living from window cleaning.it takes years of dedication and hard work....
price higher/work harder!

Missing Link

« Reply #195 on: April 16, 2020, 09:00:31 am »
The Government has to review the lockdown every three weeks.  We've just past our first review and the next one will be in three weeks; I suspect at that point the daily deaths and new cases will have calmed down massively.

And the gov should have progressed with mass testing, which we need - I think - for the UK to be 'unlocked'.

Laura K said a source in the Treasury said the government cannot afford to keep on paying the 80% for much beyond three months.  So we will be unlocked; economics will force that to happen.

And it'll take a while for the economy to get moving again (though there will be a 'burst' to begin with).

Stuff like social distancing, handwashing, no large gatherings (or even no gatherings at all), shielding the high risk, will still be part of the routine.

With no vaccine in sight for 12 to 18 months this is something we're all going to have to get used to living with.

At present, a couple of customers have said "I wondered if you'd be carrying on".  I'm glad we have, albeit at a reduced level.  It means when we're unlocked we won't have a massive backlog which will - again - take time to get around.

Less chance of losing customers, and since we won't have a massive backlog, I'll have time to take on new ones (I don't tend to follow calls up when we've a backlog).
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Missing Link

« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2020, 09:05:00 am »
Its still hard to make a decent living from window cleaning.it takes years of dedication and hard work....

We had a local guy about five years ago make a massive 'splash'.  He'd leafletted EVERYWHERE - decent leaflet too - offering half price cleans for the first four months.  Tom (from this forum called him 'Mr 50% guy').  Another window cleaner here asked me if he was legit because his granny wanted him.

He'd got a big - nicely sign written van - and he was everywhere - working his guts out.

I was quite impressed with his determination.

Unfortunately I've not seen him around in a couple of years. ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2020, 09:12:02 am »

We had a local guy about five years ago make a massive 'splash'.  He'd leafletted EVERYWHERE - decent leaflet too - offering half price cleans for the first four months.  Tom (from this forum called him 'Mr 50% guy').  Another window cleaner here asked me if he was legit because his granny wanted him.

He'd got a big - nicely sign written van - and he was everywhere - working his guts out.

I was quite impressed with his determination.

Unfortunately I've not seen him around in a couple of years. ;D

He should have known better than to wear those concrete wellies.   ;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Missing Link

« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2020, 09:13:26 am »
He should have known better than to wear those concrete wellies.   ;D

We're not like that around here.

But that made me larf. ;D

Dry Clean

« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2020, 09:17:48 am »
I don't think its ever going to get fully back to the way it was before, there was a pointy head on tv yesterday saying that there will be many people who will never feel comfortable or want to be in a crowded place again, add that to the fact that social media was already making us more anti social and it doesn't look good.