This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

G Griffin

Re: Serious Question To Those Working
« Reply #200 on: April 16, 2020, 09:37:54 am »
The Government has to review the lockdown every three weeks.  We've just past our first review and the next one will be in three weeks; I suspect at that point the daily deaths and new cases will have calmed down massively.

And the gov should have progressed with mass testing, which we need - I think - for the UK to be 'unlocked'.
Do you think all that will be in place in less than three weeks?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #201 on: April 16, 2020, 10:21:09 am »
I don't think its ever going to get fully back to the way it was before, there was a pointy head on tv yesterday saying that there will be many people who will never feel comfortable or want to be in a crowded place again, add that to the fact that social media was already making us more anti social and it doesn't look good.

i remember visiting my Grandma on the day of the twin towers. There was someone on the news saying nothing would ever be the same again after that.

she was really annoyed and irritated with what they said. she said bad things have always happened. she said she had lived though far worse events than that and the truth is things did go back to normal the world moved on.

just read your history. read about the battle of the Somme, or the blitz, or the nazi holocaust... and that is just the last century in europe.

the really crazy things about humans is we are crazy adaptable and we move on.

yeh of course some people will never be able to go out again. there were people with mental health problems before this who couldn't leave their own home. there will be some people who this has hit hard and their mental health deteriorates as a result.

the truth is most people will process it, and then carry on. some worse off financially. some health wise.

maybe just a little bit more grateful for what they have got.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #202 on: April 16, 2020, 10:30:21 am »
I don't think its ever going to get fully back to the way it was before, there was a pointy head on tv yesterday saying that there will be many people who will never feel comfortable or want to be in a crowded place again, add that to the fact that social media was already making us more anti social and it doesn't look good.

i remember visiting my Grandma on the day of the twin towers. There was someone on the news saying nothing would ever be the same again after that.

she was really annoyed and irritated with what they said. she said bad things have always happened. she said she had lived though far worse events than that and the truth is things did go back to normal the world moved on.

just read your history. read about the battle of the Somme, or the blitz, or the nazi holocaust... and that is just the last century in europe.

yeh of course some people will never be able to go out again. there were people with mental health problems before this who couldn't leave their own home. there will be some people who this has hit hard and their mental health deteriorates as a result.

the truth is most people will process it, and then carry on. some worse off financially. some health wise.

Well said, Richard.
Some are getting hysterical about it. I washed my hands before all this and I don't mind supermarkets being less congested.
They'll have to get used to it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #203 on: April 16, 2020, 10:38:19 am »

Great! I hope you’re right. Everywhere’s too crowded anyway (or was).
Looking forward to quieter pubs, shops, cafes  etc when this is over.

Dry Clean

« Reply #204 on: April 16, 2020, 10:58:05 am »

Well said, Richard.
Some are getting hysterical about it. I used to wash my hands before and I don't mind supermarkets being less congested.
They'll have to get used to it.
Griff talking about people getting hysterical, well one things for certain it cant get any loopier. lol

NWH

« Reply #205 on: April 16, 2020, 02:26:27 pm »
That’s a ridiculous way to live you’re life if you are going to get it you will get it,what’s the alternative stay indoors till you finally keel over  lol,I think the best thing to do would be buy a shotgun and go for a walk down to the bottom of the garden and put it to the side of your head if that was the case.
The truth is nearly everyone will have had this in some form when they get a vaccine for it next year.

G Griffin

« Reply #206 on: April 16, 2020, 04:23:50 pm »
Going to buy a shotgun is not an essential journey.
Stay home & protect the NHS.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

« Reply #207 on: April 16, 2020, 06:46:20 pm »
I’m gonna start walking up and down my garden and get a go fund me page 🤣 bless him,seriously though you’ve got to get on with you’re life when this thing finishes you can’t live thinking about what ifs day to day you’d go mad.

ants

« Reply #208 on: April 16, 2020, 06:46:44 pm »
That’s a ridiculous way to live you’re life if you are going to get it you will get it,what’s the alternative stay indoors till you finally keel over  lol,I think the best thing to do would be buy a shotgun and go for a walk down to the bottom of the garden and put it to the side of your head if that was the case.
The truth is nearly everyone will have had this in some form when they get a vaccine for it next year.
How could you put a shotgun to the side of your head?  {without Jeremy Bamber helping you}

Slacky

« Reply #209 on: April 16, 2020, 06:53:36 pm »
The Government has to review the lockdown every three weeks.  We've just past our first review and the next one will be in three weeks; I suspect at that point the daily deaths and new cases will have calmed down massively.

And the gov should have progressed with mass testing, which we need - I think - for the UK to be 'unlocked'.

Laura K said a source in the Treasury said the government cannot afford to keep on paying the 80% for much beyond three months.  So we will be unlocked; economics will force that to happen.

And it'll take a while for the economy to get moving again (though there will be a 'burst' to begin with).

Stuff like social distancing, handwashing, no large gatherings (or even no gatherings at all), shielding the high risk, will still be part of the routine.

With no vaccine in sight for 12 to 18 months this is something we're all going to have to get used to living with.

Thats about the size of it.

In 3 weeks they'll start with some of the less risky relaxations. Coffee shops, D.I.Y. stores, garden centres. Some places of work will begin to meander back. At some point centres of education and childcare will have to be addressed. I reckon childcare will be first possibly with schools going back for the last 6 weeks prior to the summer holidays.

NWH

« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2020, 08:11:17 pm »
How could you put a shotgun to the side of your head?  {without Jeremy Bamber helping you}
Sawn off he wasn’t the brightest spark was our Jeremy was he

Dave Willis

« Reply #211 on: April 16, 2020, 09:00:14 pm »

Laura K said a source in the Treasury said the government cannot afford to keep on paying the 80% for much beyond three months.  So we will be unlocked; economics will force that to happen.

And it'll take a while for the economy to get moving again (though there will be a 'burst' to begin with).

Stuff like social distancing, handwashing, no large gatherings (or even no gatherings at all), shielding the high risk, will still be part of the routine.

With no vaccine in sight for 12 to 18 months this is something we're all going to have to get used to living with.

In 3 weeks they'll start with some of the less risky relaxations. Coffee shops, D.I.Y. stores, garden centres. Some places of work will begin to meander back. At some point centres of education and childcare will have to be addressed. I reckon childcare will be first possibly with schools going back for the last 6 weeks prior to the summer holidays.

Coffee shops? Really? I’d have thought factories and any manufacturing companies.

Dry Clean

« Reply #212 on: April 16, 2020, 10:16:45 pm »

Coffee shops? Really? I’d have thought factories and any manufacturing companies.
Factories and manufacturing companies are still open non essential or other.

Dry Clean

« Reply #213 on: April 16, 2020, 10:30:46 pm »

It was happening before the lockdown NWH, the death of the high street, the death of the pubs, empty churches, even those who were still going out never took their face out of their phones, why go out and risk death when everything you need in life is right there on your computer screen.
My advice is to buy shares in any company producing vitamin D supplements.

Slacky

« Reply #214 on: April 16, 2020, 10:36:01 pm »

Childrens clothes shops too.

davids3511

« Reply #215 on: April 16, 2020, 11:14:28 pm »
Easy, butt on floor, head to the side, barrels in hands to side of head, big toe in trigger guard - - boom

edward1

« Reply #216 on: April 16, 2020, 11:21:23 pm »
if I was  able to get the govt help I wouldn't go in.
but profit over 50k so I get no help

G Griffin

« Reply #217 on: April 17, 2020, 01:22:08 am »
Easy, butt on floor, head to the side, barrels in hands to side of head, big toe in trigger guard - - boom
That's just the theory test...…...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #218 on: April 17, 2020, 01:23:41 am »

Three weeks is optimistic, imo.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Soupy

« Reply #219 on: April 17, 2020, 06:36:14 am »

Three weeks is optimistic, imo.

Optimism is all there is left.
Every line of serious work that I have written since 1936 has been written, directly or indirectly, against totalitarianism and for democratic socialism, as I understand it - George Orwell