This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Missing Link

Re: my parents just dont get it...........
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2020, 06:56:54 pm »
is that ok with you griff? ::)roll

Just call him a stupid idiot and have done with it. ;D
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

G Griffin

« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2020, 06:59:42 pm »
ive been at my girlfriends house since last monday and im staying here for the forseeable future.....only nipping home to purify water and pick up some clothes.....its not against the rules as far as i can see(no one else at my flat).....anyway its not law just guidelines......

when i went round to my mothers house on sat(to drop off some groceries) my girlfriend stayed in the car and neither of us had any contact with my mum,just dropped off bags at the door......

They're not my guidelines, Daz.
I'm only trying to help you and your family.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2020, 07:00:56 pm »
cheers guys.....i think the heartbreaking thing about this is if my dad dies over the next week or so my younger brother wont be allowed to attend the funeral as he s self isolating for 14 days with his family......he s much closer to dad than ive ever been.......my other brother lives in surrey...im also not sure about the social distancing aspect of this either....as in giving my mum a hug...(shes recovered from the virus by the way).......
Daz, you shouldn't really be seeing your mum.
There's other things that you should you know, or need to know, so have a read up, mate. Seriously.
The forum might not be the best place to discuss them.

err....ive not seen my mum for over 3 weeks now apart from through the window griff(i dropped some groceries off for her on sat)......

dont forget its me thats  tried to keep my parents inside for the last 3 weeks but they just ignored it and went out shopping every day...
I meant that you still shouldn't see her. For her sake, too.
Daz, you don't want your mum in hospital, in isolation, do you? Look at your dad, mate.
I don't mean to be harsh but containing the virus is more important than anything else or any individual, at the moment.
In Spain the over-65's are being taken off ventilators and just left to die.
You shouldn't be seeing your girlfriend either.
Stay at home, Daz. You've seen what the virus can do and you're still going out.
I am assuming his Mum is now self isolating - so what is wrong with him dropping groceries off for her? How else is she supposed to eat?
He was unsure about giving his mum a hug.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2020, 07:04:18 pm »
No unnecessary journeys or social contact. They don't live together and he's still going home.
Now Daz might say that it's necessary because his spuds were full but the government might not.
He also went shopping with his girlfriend on Saturday and then went to his parents' house. His parents' have the virus.

A virus isn't the only thing that's plaguing the UK right now.
Have a word with your democratically elected government and the Chief Medical 'Occifer.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2020, 07:05:41 pm »

Sorry Mr Sanchez, but you were 65 years old this morning.  I know it's your birthday and you were recovering, but you're going to have to come off that ventilator.

Rules is rules...

dazmond

« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2020, 07:06:11 pm »
ive been at my girlfriends house since last monday and im staying here for the forseeable future.....only nipping home to purify water and pick up some clothes.....its not against the rules as far as i can see(no one else at my flat).....anyway its not law just guidelines......

when i went round to my mothers house on sat(to drop off some groceries) my girlfriend stayed in the car and neither of us had any contact with my mum,just dropped off bags at the door......

They're not my guidelines, Daz.
I'm only trying to help you and your family.

with all due respect griff im not a total idiot and i know what the guidelines are that are set  by the government since last monday....in fact i think i understand them better than half the window cleaners on here as ive not had a day off work since they were introduced......
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2020, 07:09:19 pm »
your taking my post out of context griff......i mean hugging my mum at my dads funeral(if he doesnt pull through)...as my mums recovered from the virus i think ill be ok to do it...in fact i dont think anyone could stop me

zesty

« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2020, 07:20:12 pm »
I think in that instance Daz, hugging your mum is inevitable, I cannot imagine not consoling my mum in that situation.

Hope your dad pulls through mate, although, in many ways, sometimes it’s just for the greater good that they pass away and are out of pain.

However you feel about him, if it is possible, try to make peace with him. (I realise that almost impossible whilst he’s in isolation, but you could maybe get a note to him)

You don’t want any regrets mate. Even if you don’t like him!

All the best mate.

dazmond

« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2020, 07:25:41 pm »
I think in that instance Daz, hugging your mum is inevitable, I cannot imagine not consoling my mum in that situation.

Hope your dad pulls through mate, although, in many ways, sometimes it’s just for the greater good that they pass away and are out of pain.

However you feel about him, if it is possible, try to make peace with him. (I realise that almost impossible whilst he’s in isolation, but you could maybe get a note to him)

You don’t want any regrets mate. Even if you don’t like him!

All the best mate.

i made it up with my dad many years ago mate when i got sober,we ve got on fairly well for many years now even though i wouldnt call us close........i was only angry on saturday because he went to the shop for a paper knowing full well he had the virus!

G Griffin

« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2020, 07:37:04 pm »

Sorry Mr Sanchez, but you were 65 years old this morning.  I know it's your birthday and you were recovering, but you're going to have to come off that ventilator.

Rules is rules...
Funny, eh?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

CleanClear

« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2020, 07:40:56 pm »
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Missing Link

« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2020, 07:41:49 pm »

Rules is rules...
Funny, eh?

Humour is a great way to show someone that they're talking bollox.

Like they're doing a Logan's Run for real over there.

G Griffin

« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2020, 07:56:37 pm »
your taking my post out of context griff......i mean hugging my mum at my dads funeral(if he doesnt pull through)...as my mums recovered from the virus i think ill be ok to do it...in fact i dont think anyone could stop me
I thought so.
I hope you're both ok to do that.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2020, 07:58:14 pm »

Rules is rules...
Funny, eh?

You haven't shown me.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2020, 08:00:48 pm »

Rules is rules...
Funny, eh?

You haven't shown me.

Aye I have, you're just too stupid to understand.

Still, that's not your fault.

I'll let you get back to telling Daz what to do even though you won't know the full situation.

Crack on.

G Griffin

« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2020, 08:34:35 pm »

Rules is rules...
Funny, eh?

You haven't shown me.

Aye I have, you're just too stupid to understand.

Still, that's not your fault.

I'll let you get back to telling Daz what to do even though you won't know the full situation.
No ,because I don't know what will happen with Daz's family. And neither do you.
His mum might not be able to attend because she has the virus. If his mum gets ill, she will be in isolation in hospital.
But of course, you know better.
If I tell Daz to do owt it's for his and his family's own good.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2020, 08:38:26 pm »
No ,because I don't know what will happen with Daz's family. And neither do you.
His mum might not be able to attend because she has the virus. If his mum gets ill, she will be in isolation in hospital.
But of course, you know better.

I'd just leave Daz and his mum to sort it out between them.

That's because I'm not stupid.

Missing Link

« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2020, 08:40:38 pm »

Griff's telling you stuff, Daz.

It's for your own good, mate.

Even if it is both patronising and condescending.

Anyway, I've got a fire to go and start.

Don Kee

« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2020, 08:42:02 pm »
To be honest, I sometimes think Daz is a plank but in this instance I can’t see what he’s done wrong here...

He’s been living with his mrs since Monday so only interacting with people in that household and dropping his mum groceries outside her front door...the same thing a lot of volunteers are doing.

The blokes mums been ill and his dad looks worse (sorry Daz), give the bloke a break here.

(Obviously speeding ‘just because you can’ is proper bone, and I’m not getting involved in the ‘should he be working’ argument.)

A lot of this is down to miscommunication maybe?

G Griffin

« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2020, 08:44:53 pm »

Griff's telling you stuff, Daz.

It's for your own good, mate.

Even if it is both patronising and condescending.

Anyway, I've got a fire to go and start.
They're not my guidelines, Ken.
It's ok when they suit you but I'm stupid when they don't. Would you like me to stop telling you about them? I know they make uncomfortable.
Be careful near the fire. Save the NHS.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐