Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

my parents just dont get it...........
« on: March 28, 2020, 03:17:52 pm »
absolutely fuming...... >:( >:( >:(

ive just found out my dad knew  he had coronavirus at 930pm on thursday night(phone call from the hospital) and didnt tell my brother until 4PM ON FRIDAY AFTERNOON...my brother had picked him up from hospital on thursday and then went to work all day yesterday.....my mum also has coronavirus....... ::)roll

my brother went mad at them last night on the phone(he s now self isolating for 14 days with his family)and i picked up some food for myself and my mum and dad this morning with my missus...i asked should i get dad a paper and my mum said  "its ok he s been to the shop and bought one(paid in cash too!)" :( >:(.......

so i went round and dropped the food off at the door and totally flipped....shouting and screaming at the pair of them on the driveway....my dad was shivering on the bed,he cant even speak....... ::)roll

unbelievable..........words fail me utterly now.......

what the hells wrong with them?......if i find out he s gone to the shop again tomorrow for a paper im phoning the police......
price higher/work harder!

CleanClear

Re: my parents just dont get it...........
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 03:20:59 pm »
Told ya, i had a fella with it give me cash. No way is it safe for anyone to go near anyone at all now until this blows over.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Rob.Hall

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 03:21:51 pm »
Heck Daz....😳
Hope everyone is going to be ok.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 03:28:33 pm »
Heck Daz....😳

my dads got lung cancer(stage 4) so he s doomed anyway the selfish pr*ck.......i really havent got time for him anymore.......its my poor mum i feel sorry for having to try and keep him in.....he just wont stay at home.....

Dave Willis

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 03:30:22 pm »
Give him some rubber gloves?

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 03:31:11 pm »
Give him some rubber gloves?

if i had a gun id shoot him in the head mate....

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 03:33:41 pm »
I guess if he knows he won’t be around much longer then he doesn’t give a poop about anybody. You could point out what he is doing is a criminal offence. If news got out I would imagine the neighbourhood would burn his house down.

NBwcs

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2020, 03:34:01 pm »
Heck Daz....😳

Seconded Take care. My sister lost two friends to it this week , its no longer a stat, its on your doorstep. Take care everyone.

Dave Willis

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2020, 03:38:39 pm »
Say he was your customer, you pick up the virus on your gloves, you get it on the steering wheel, you put it on the gearstick, your pole has it. You stop for lunch, whip off the gloves, do a bit of CIU texting, grab a sarnie, drink from your flask and so on.

G Griffin

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2020, 03:38:55 pm »
Heck Daz....😳

my dads got lung cancer(stage 4) so he s doomed anyway the selfish pr*ck.......i really havent got time for him anymore.......its my poor mum i feel sorry for having to try and keep him in.....he just wont stay at home.....
Don't make any rash decisions, Daz. He's your Dad.
A lot of folk can't be trusted with the staying home thing.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Status Check

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2020, 03:40:10 pm »
Daz, some old folk can't be told. I did some shopping for my 83 year Mum who has COPD. Took it around her house this morning around 10am. Knocked on the door, left the shopping on the doorstep and stepped back 2 metres. Mum answers and thanks me for the shopping. I tell her to put the shopping away, throw out the bags  then wash her hands. She then shouts my sister to come and pick up the shopping who has visited her this morning to check to see if she's ok! Unbelievable.

G Griffin

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2020, 03:41:04 pm »
Say he was your customer, you pick up the virus on your gloves, you get it on the steering wheel, you put it on the gearstick, your pole has it. You stop for lunch, whip off the gloves, do a bit of CIU texting, grab a sarnie, drink from your flask and so on.
It's not as though he's been to Tesco though, is it?
That's where you get it. Most.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

deeege

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2020, 03:42:33 pm »
Jeez Daz that’s terrible mate. If it was only him he was endangering then that’s one thing but to be going to the shops and not following government guidelines is just downright selfish.

I hope your reaction convinced him to do the right thing from now on.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Dave Willis

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2020, 03:47:52 pm »

That’s why from now on I only shop in M&S or Waitrose, posh people like Prince Charles and Boris only get mild viruses.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2020, 04:00:36 pm »
Heck Daz....😳

ive never liked him anyway griff...he was seriously violent with me when i was a kid and he kicked me out when i was 18 and i never spoke to him for 10 years...total control freak....its my mum i feel sorry for...... :(

G Griffin

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2020, 04:02:06 pm »

That’s why from now on I only shop in M&S or Waitrose, posh people like Prince Charles and Boris only get mild viruses.
I'm not sure Boris has it.
I think it's a political stunt. It looks good that him and his team have it, but plough on, leading the country. He looked ok to me on that video link, as well.
I know he tested positive for the virus but I reckon his bird fixed that so she could have a week off from him.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2020, 04:04:44 pm »
Heck Daz....😳

ive never liked him anyway griff...he was seriously violent with me when i was a kid and he kicked me out when i was 18 and i never spoke to him for 10 years...total control freak....its my mum i feel sorry for...... :(
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2020, 04:05:55 pm »
Jeez Daz that’s terrible mate. If it was only him he was endangering then that’s one thing but to be going to the shops and not following government guidelines is just downright selfish.

i think he could die over the weekend danny.....my brother has just gone round and sat in the garden talking to mum through the conservatory and hes on the bed...shaking with hot sweats/chills...he cant speak as his throat is that sore and he s going in and out of consciousness

Spruce

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2020, 04:13:19 pm »

I'm not sure Boris has it.
I think it's a political stunt. It looks good that him and his team have it, but plough on, leading the country. He looked ok to me on that video link, as well.
I know he tested positive for the virus but I reckon his bird fixed that so she could have a week off from him.

I wondered that.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

simon w

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2020, 04:20:29 pm »

i think he could die over the weekend danny.....my brother has just gone round and sat in the garden talking to mum through the conservatory and hes on the bed...shaking with hot sweats/chills...he cant speak as his throat is that sore and he s going in and out of consciousness

My Dad had terminal cancer in 2015 (RIP) He was at home for most of his illness apart from the cancer treatment and the last 48 hrs he was alive. He had NHS healthcare workers coming to his house three times a day and on call if he needed them.

Is this the same for your dad Daz and have they been informed about his current position/state?

Best wishes by the way

G Griffin

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2020, 04:25:37 pm »

My Dad had terminal cancer in 2015 (RIP) He was at home for most of his illness apart from the cancer treatment and the last 48 hrs he was alive. He had NHS healthcare workers coming to his house three times a day and on call if he needed them.

Is this the same for your dad Daz and have they been informed about his current position/state?

Best wishes by the way
They won't be able to see him because of the virus, Simon.
Isolation.
Family members can't spend the last few hours with their loved ones if they are in hospital, either.
The spread of the virus is more important than individuals, at the moment.
It's that serious.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

simon w

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2020, 04:31:07 pm »

Best wishes by the way
They won't be able to see him because of the virus, Simon.
Isolation.
Family members can't spend the last few hours with their loved ones if they are in hospital, either.
The spread of the virus is more important than individuals, at the moment.
It's that serious.

Of course they will if a combination of cancer & CV means he needs critical emergency treatment he'd be going to A&E by ambulance or they'd be assessing him at home and making a decision on some kind of end of life treatment

G Griffin

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2020, 04:39:52 pm »
Simon, you said healthcare workers coming to the house, though. That won't happen.
He might get an ambulance and then he'll end up in hospital in isolation.
Sorry to be doing this, Daz, but it needs saying.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

simon w

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2020, 04:45:16 pm »
Simon, you said healthcare workers coming to the house, though. That won't happen.

Griff when you have terminal cancer you have a professional team looking after you from start to finish if your on your last legs they will be visiting you several times a day or admitting you to hospital. Sorry that's what I was referring to when I said healthcare workers.

jk999

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2020, 04:46:01 pm »
My dads 80 n will not stop in what so eva i think its the age thing

G Griffin

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2020, 05:01:52 pm »

Griff when you have terminal cancer you have a professional team looking after you from start to finish if your on your last legs they will be visiting you several times a day or admitting you to hospital. Sorry that's what I was referring to when I said healthcare workers.
Simon, my missus is a palliative care nurse and they can't visit anyone with the virus.
They have had to cancel visits to anyone with co-vid. And if he does end up in hospital, Daz's dad will be more than likely be in isolation.
It's terrible, mate.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2020, 06:00:40 pm »
My sister was telling me earlier how a friend of hers has had their chemo stopped because of corona. Corona comes first, cancer is second these days.

G Griffin

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2020, 06:43:08 pm »
My sister was telling me earlier how a friend of hers has had their chemo stopped because of corona. Corona comes first, cancer is second these days.
They also stop chemo because it harms the immune system and leaves you more vulnerable to coronavirus.
Shit, isn't it?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2020, 06:50:28 pm »

Does that not ring MASSIVE alarm bells?
Comfortably Numb!

Slacky

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2020, 06:55:41 pm »
How d’you mean?

Slacky

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2020, 06:56:21 pm »
Sorry to hear about your family situation Daz.

❤️

NBwcs

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2020, 06:56:36 pm »
My daughters on the NHS frontline and unfortunately its true, all visitors have been stopped (except for birthing partners), and people are literally dieing  in hospital alone with no family present whether its corona virus or not. Its incredibly sad.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2020, 07:02:06 pm »
How d’you mean?

Geeez Slacky, come on bro'!! Do I really need to spell it out?
Comfortably Numb!

G Griffin

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2020, 07:09:27 pm »

Come on, Peavey.
Window cleaners are immune. They ring ahead, get paid online, two metres rule and refuse tea and coffee.
It's Tesco's fault.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2020, 07:14:35 pm »
My daughters on the NHS frontline and unfortunately its true, all visitors have been stopped (except for birthing partners), and people are literally dieing  in hospital alone with no family present whether its corona virus or not. Its incredibly sad.
Heartbreaking and true, Nick.
I nearly cried watching the news the other day listening to one story. And again about another case this morning.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2020, 07:16:49 pm »
How d’you mean?

Geeez Slacky, come on bro'!! Do I really need to spell it out?

It depends what specific angle you’re coming from, and as I dont know what that is, yes you are.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2020, 07:25:29 pm »

Come on, Peavey.
Window cleaners are immune. They ring ahead, get paid online, two metres rule and refuse tea and coffee.
It's Tesco's fault.

AGREED
The people who know are making unprecedented manoeuvres and spending unprecedented amounts of money to combat what the others are in denial about! THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN WITHOUT UNPRECEDENTED REASON!!!!! WAKE UP FFS!!
Comfortably Numb!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2020, 07:33:55 pm »
I don't think Boris getting it is a political stunt. It doesn't make sense. Think it through.
It's a game of three halves!

Slacky

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2020, 07:39:25 pm »
Exactly, if he were trying to pull a stunt and then really did get it there'd be hell to pay.

CleanClear

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2020, 07:41:52 pm »
I don't think Boris getting it is a political stunt. It doesn't make sense. Think it through.

Yep he's been non stop for about a month, from the crack of dawn facing one of the most awful times for any Prime minster. And it has shown on his face latley .Last thing he's gonna say is i'm knackered and need a break as all the NHS staff on 25K or whatever a year are about to work round the clock with no break taking a gamble with their own lives. And i never heard him cough, not once.

G Griffin

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2020, 08:25:37 pm »
You're right.
It was his bird's doing then. I bet she's making the most of these seven days.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

P @ F

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2020, 11:03:32 am »
They have even stopped birthing partners now at my local !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Dave Willis

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2020, 11:11:50 am »
Windowcleaners can watch though.

Ooooooog

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2020, 11:15:39 am »

Simon, my missus is a palliative care nurse and they can't visit anyone with the virus.
They have had to cancel visits to anyone with co-vid. And if he does end up in hospital, Daz's dad will be more than likely be in isolation.
It's terrible, mate.

Tough job.
RESPECT

G Griffin

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2020, 11:35:50 am »
They have even stopped birthing partners now at my local !
I thought the pubs were shut.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

P @ F

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2020, 11:42:05 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D.
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Mick Kent

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2020, 03:01:49 pm »
Wow Daz.
So sorry to hear that. Hope they pull through.

dazmond

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2020, 08:03:22 pm »
Wow Daz.
So sorry to hear that. Hope they pull through.

Mums fine....spoke to her this morning...shes recovered from the virus....my dads back in hospital in isolation.......doesn't look like he ll make it.....I think it's the end for him unfortunately......

CleanClear

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2020, 09:44:49 pm »
I don't have much time for what you say Daz, but i've seen it. And what shines through is that while everyone is worried over what way to go you smile on simplistically saying crack on and i've got 15k savings. I sort of feel sorry for you as you live on your own and i've no idea of the mental health effect on you. You go further and brag about speeding in your car as the roads are quiet, so good on ya you can do what you like. You changed your story from "I hope my Dad doesn't get it" to "i hope he dies, i hate him". I can tell you aint doing to well. Nothing you are saying is rational. The title of this post is "my parents just don't get it", for accuracy change it to "my parents got it" and acknowledge you your self are carrying on as normal potentially  spreading it, apple doesn't usually fall far from the tree.

Jonny 87

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2020, 09:53:06 pm »
I don't have much time for what you say Daz, but i've seen it. And what shines through is that while everyone is worried over what way to go you smile on simplistically saying crack on and i've got 15k savings. I sort of feel sorry for you as you live on your own and i've no idea of the mental health effect on you. You go further and brag about speeding in your car as the roads are quiet, so good on ya you can do what you like. You changed your story from "I hope my Dad doesn't get it" to "i hope he dies, i hate him". I can tell you aint doing to well. Nothing you are saying is rational. The title of this post is "my parents just don't get it", for accuracy change it to "my parents got it" and acknowledge you your self are carrying on as normal potentially  spreading it, apple doesn't usually fall far from the tree.

And the most condescending and cruel post of the year award goes to................... CleanClear.

You must be so proud.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

CleanClear

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2020, 09:53:46 pm »

And the most condescending and cruel post of the year award goes to................... CleanClear.

You must be so proud.

Factual, sue me.

Jonny 87

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2020, 09:56:19 pm »

You must be so proud.

Factual, sue me.

I could go through your post and highlight all the cruel things you just insinuated about Daz, but I’m not going to. Best to just let this post disappear into the nether. Or do the right thing and delete it all together.

When you’ve sobered up tomorrow you may regret that post.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

matty72

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2020, 10:00:18 pm »
close topic

CleanClear

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2020, 10:00:40 pm »

You must be so proud.

Factual, sue me.

I could go through your post and highlight all the cruel things you just insinuated about Daz, but I’m not going to. Best to just let this post disappear into the nether. Or do the right thing and delete it all together.

When you’ve sobered up tomorrow you may regret that post.

Jog on, i'm not interested in what you think. Think i'm gonna take any notice of you ? (all that should ring some bells).

dazmond

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2020, 10:08:23 pm »

I've had no physical contact with my parents for over 3 weeks now...I'm fine mate......you see when you've come through alcoholism and drug abuse(many years ago I might add)it makes you a much tougher character...not much phases me at all......I'm stronger mentally and physically than I ever have been in my entire life.....

Mind how you go...

.hope the hangover and depression is not too bad tomorrow mate..... ;D

CleanClear

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2020, 10:23:35 pm »

.hope the hangover and depression is not too bad tomorrow mate..... ;D
I don't do faux sincerity, you've gave your opinions and advice and i've gave mine. Good Luck.

p1w1

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2020, 10:41:11 pm »
Although myself I think he can a bit selfish at times and a touch hypocritical in some posts. I have to say in the 16 years ive been on this forum your post is probably ones of lowest I've ever seen someone go.

G Griffin

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2020, 11:40:10 pm »
There's tragic irony throughout this thread. It's very sad.
Mainly because of this modded virus and what it is doing to us physically and mentally. I don't think anyone, on here, means to be wrong.
Best wishes, Daz.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

James Styles

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2020, 11:48:53 pm »
I’m really sorry to hear about your parents Daz I hope they recover 👍

mjm

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2020, 12:01:41 am »
Good luck Dazmond  carry on fella 👊

dazmond

« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2020, 07:58:21 am »
cheers guys.....i think the heartbreaking thing about this is if my dad dies over the next week or so my younger brother wont be allowed to attend the funeral as he s self isolating for 14 days with his family......he s much closer to dad than ive ever been.......my other brother lives in surrey...im also not sure about the social distancing aspect of this either....as in giving my mum a hug...(shes recovered from the virus by the way).......

Soupy

« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2020, 08:01:36 am »
cheers guys.....i think the heartbreaking thing about this is if my dad dies over the next week or so my younger brother wont be allowed to attend the funeral as he s self isolating for 14 days with his family......he s much closer to dad than ive ever been.......my other brother lives in surrey...im also not sure about the social distancing aspect of this either....as in giving my mum a hug...(shes recovered from the virus by the way).......

I honestly don't think I could handle it.

Good luck dazmond.
Every line of serious work that I have written since 1936 has been written, directly or indirectly, against totalitarianism and for democratic socialism, as I understand it - George Orwell

G Griffin

« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2020, 10:32:33 am »
Daz, you shouldn't really be seeing your mum.
There's other things that you should you know, or need to know, so have a read up, mate. Seriously.
The forum might not be the best place to discuss them.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Granny

« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2020, 12:27:40 pm »
It's not just your parents Daz a lot of people aren't getting it.
Couple next door with two pre school kids, last night the Grandparents rocked up in the car with another 3 of their kids carrying plates of food for a get together.
Couple opposite the Grandmother came yesterday and picked her two girls to take them for the day.
My missus has just come back from the shop having had a load of abuse for asking two blokes to stand back and stop breathing down her neck.
Numpties are everywhere.

G Griffin

« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2020, 12:42:06 pm »
It's not just your parents Daz a lot of people aren't getting it.
Couple next door with two pre school kids, last night the Grandparents rocked up in the car with another 3 of their kids carrying plates of food for a get together.
Couple opposite the Grandmother came yesterday and picked her two girls to take them for the day.
My missus has just come back from the shop having had a load of abuse for asking two blokes to stand back and stop breathing down her neck.
Numpties are everywhere.
You're right, Granny.
Daz doesn't get it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2020, 02:22:07 pm »
Heck Daz....😳

Sorry to hear this Daz, My thoughts are with you and your mum.  Take care
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

dazmond

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2020, 03:49:13 pm »
There's other things that you should you know, or need to know, so have a read up, mate. Seriously.

err....ive not seen my mum for over 3 weeks now apart from through the window griff(i dropped some groceries off for her on sat)......

dont forget its me thats  tried to keep my parents inside for the last 3 weeks but they just ignored it and went out shopping every day...

G Griffin

« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2020, 04:23:18 pm »

err....ive not seen my mum for over 3 weeks now apart from through the window griff(i dropped some groceries off for her on sat)......

dont forget its me thats  tried to keep my parents inside for the last 3 weeks but they just ignored it and went out shopping every day...
I meant that you still shouldn't see her. For her sake, too.
Daz, you don't want your mum in hospital, in isolation, do you? Look at your dad, mate.
I don't mean to be harsh but containing the virus is more important than anything else or any individual, at the moment.
In Spain the over-65's are being taken off ventilators and just left to die.
You shouldn't be seeing your girlfriend either.
Stay at home, Daz. You've seen what the virus can do and you're still going out.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2020, 04:31:40 pm »
Are you still visiting your girlfriend Daz?

dazmond

« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2020, 04:48:05 pm »

im staying at my girlfriends house...i just nip home to purify my water for my next days work

G Griffin

« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2020, 05:01:22 pm »

im staying at my girlfriends house...i just nip home to purify my water for my next days work
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

deeege

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2020, 05:03:50 pm »

Serious question.

Which part of the guidelines would require Daz not to live with his mrs during this partial lockdown?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

G Griffin

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2020, 05:19:38 pm »

Serious question.

Which part of the guidelines would require Daz not to live with his mrs during this partial lockdown?
No unnecessary journeys or social contact. They don't live together and he's still going home.
Now Daz might say that it's necessary because his spuds were full but the government might not.
He also went shopping with his girlfriend on Saturday and then went to his parents' house. His parents' have the virus.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Dave Willis

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2020, 06:41:35 pm »
Pretty sure Daz’s girlfriend doesn’t live alone anyway.
They all wear rubber gloves.

G Griffin

« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2020, 06:45:30 pm »
Pretty sure Daz’s girlfriend doesn’t live alone anyway.
They all wear rubber gloves.
Nope.
And yes.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2020, 06:51:12 pm »
No unnecessary journeys or social contact. They don't live together and he's still going home.
Now Daz might say that it's necessary because his spuds were full but the government might not.
He also went shopping with his girlfriend on Saturday and then went to his parents' house. His parents' have the virus.

A virus isn't the only thing that's plaguing the UK right now.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Missing Link

« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2020, 06:52:53 pm »

Don't justify yourself to the Stasi, mate, just tell them where to shove their nosey faces.

harleyman

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2020, 06:54:19 pm »
you cant educate pork you can only stuff it

dd

« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2020, 06:54:58 pm »

Daz, you don't want your mum in hospital, in isolation, do you? Look at your dad, mate.
I don't mean to be harsh but containing the virus is more important than anything else or any individual, at the moment.
Stay at home, Daz. You've seen what the virus can do and you're still going out.
I am assuming his Mum is now self isolating - so what is wrong with him dropping groceries off for her? How else is she supposed to eat?

dazmond

« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2020, 06:54:58 pm »
ive been at my girlfriends house since last monday and im staying here for the forseeable future.....only nipping home to purify water and pick up some clothes.....its not against the rules as far as i can see(no one else at my flat).....anyway its not law just guidelines......

when i went round to my mothers house on sat(to drop off some groceries) my girlfriend stayed in the car and neither of us had any contact with my mum,just dropped off bags at the door......

is that ok with you griff? ::)roll

Missing Link

« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2020, 06:56:54 pm »

Just call him a stupid idiot and have done with it. ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2020, 06:59:42 pm »
ive been at my girlfriends house since last monday and im staying here for the forseeable future.....only nipping home to purify water and pick up some clothes.....its not against the rules as far as i can see(no one else at my flat).....anyway its not law just guidelines......

when i went round to my mothers house on sat(to drop off some groceries) my girlfriend stayed in the car and neither of us had any contact with my mum,just dropped off bags at the door......

They're not my guidelines, Daz.
I'm only trying to help you and your family.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2020, 07:00:56 pm »

I am assuming his Mum is now self isolating - so what is wrong with him dropping groceries off for her? How else is she supposed to eat?
He was unsure about giving his mum a hug.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2020, 07:04:18 pm »

A virus isn't the only thing that's plaguing the UK right now.
Have a word with your democratically elected government and the Chief Medical 'Occifer.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2020, 07:05:41 pm »

Sorry Mr Sanchez, but you were 65 years old this morning.  I know it's your birthday and you were recovering, but you're going to have to come off that ventilator.

Rules is rules...

dazmond

« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2020, 07:06:11 pm »

They're not my guidelines, Daz.
I'm only trying to help you and your family.

with all due respect griff im not a total idiot and i know what the guidelines are that are set  by the government since last monday....in fact i think i understand them better than half the window cleaners on here as ive not had a day off work since they were introduced......

dazmond

« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2020, 07:09:19 pm »
your taking my post out of context griff......i mean hugging my mum at my dads funeral(if he doesnt pull through)...as my mums recovered from the virus i think ill be ok to do it...in fact i dont think anyone could stop me

zesty

« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2020, 07:20:12 pm »
I think in that instance Daz, hugging your mum is inevitable, I cannot imagine not consoling my mum in that situation.

Hope your dad pulls through mate, although, in many ways, sometimes it’s just for the greater good that they pass away and are out of pain.

However you feel about him, if it is possible, try to make peace with him. (I realise that almost impossible whilst he’s in isolation, but you could maybe get a note to him)

You don’t want any regrets mate. Even if you don’t like him!

All the best mate.

dazmond

« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2020, 07:25:41 pm »
I think in that instance Daz, hugging your mum is inevitable, I cannot imagine not consoling my mum in that situation.

Hope your dad pulls through mate, although, in many ways, sometimes it’s just for the greater good that they pass away and are out of pain.

However you feel about him, if it is possible, try to make peace with him. (I realise that almost impossible whilst he’s in isolation, but you could maybe get a note to him)

You don’t want any regrets mate. Even if you don’t like him!

All the best mate.

i made it up with my dad many years ago mate when i got sober,we ve got on fairly well for many years now even though i wouldnt call us close........i was only angry on saturday because he went to the shop for a paper knowing full well he had the virus!

G Griffin

« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2020, 07:37:04 pm »

Sorry Mr Sanchez, but you were 65 years old this morning.  I know it's your birthday and you were recovering, but you're going to have to come off that ventilator.

Rules is rules...
Funny, eh?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

CleanClear

« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2020, 07:40:56 pm »

Missing Link

« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2020, 07:41:49 pm »

Rules is rules...
Funny, eh?

Humour is a great way to show someone that they're talking bollox.

Like they're doing a Logan's Run for real over there.

G Griffin

« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2020, 07:56:37 pm »
your taking my post out of context griff......i mean hugging my mum at my dads funeral(if he doesnt pull through)...as my mums recovered from the virus i think ill be ok to do it...in fact i dont think anyone could stop me
I thought so.
I hope you're both ok to do that.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2020, 07:58:14 pm »

Rules is rules...
Funny, eh?

You haven't shown me.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2020, 08:00:48 pm »

Rules is rules...
Funny, eh?

You haven't shown me.

Aye I have, you're just too stupid to understand.

Still, that's not your fault.

I'll let you get back to telling Daz what to do even though you won't know the full situation.

Crack on.

G Griffin

« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2020, 08:34:35 pm »

Rules is rules...
Funny, eh?

You haven't shown me.

Aye I have, you're just too stupid to understand.

Still, that's not your fault.

I'll let you get back to telling Daz what to do even though you won't know the full situation.
No ,because I don't know what will happen with Daz's family. And neither do you.
His mum might not be able to attend because she has the virus. If his mum gets ill, she will be in isolation in hospital.
But of course, you know better.
If I tell Daz to do owt it's for his and his family's own good.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2020, 08:38:26 pm »
No ,because I don't know what will happen with Daz's family. And neither do you.
His mum might not be able to attend because she has the virus. If his mum gets ill, she will be in isolation in hospital.
But of course, you know better.

I'd just leave Daz and his mum to sort it out between them.

That's because I'm not stupid.

Missing Link

« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2020, 08:40:38 pm »

Griff's telling you stuff, Daz.

It's for your own good, mate.

Even if it is both patronising and condescending.

Anyway, I've got a fire to go and start.

Don Kee

« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2020, 08:42:02 pm »
To be honest, I sometimes think Daz is a plank but in this instance I can’t see what he’s done wrong here...

He’s been living with his mrs since Monday so only interacting with people in that household and dropping his mum groceries outside her front door...the same thing a lot of volunteers are doing.

The blokes mums been ill and his dad looks worse (sorry Daz), give the bloke a break here.

(Obviously speeding ‘just because you can’ is proper bone, and I’m not getting involved in the ‘should he be working’ argument.)

A lot of this is down to miscommunication maybe?

G Griffin

« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2020, 08:44:53 pm »

Griff's telling you stuff, Daz.

It's for your own good, mate.

Even if it is both patronising and condescending.

Anyway, I've got a fire to go and start.
They're not my guidelines, Ken.
It's ok when they suit you but I'm stupid when they don't. Would you like me to stop telling you about them? I know they make uncomfortable.
Be careful near the fire. Save the NHS.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2020, 08:45:27 pm »

It's only Griffin that can't understand.

He still doesn't.

G Griffin

« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2020, 08:50:02 pm »
To be honest, I sometimes think Daz is a plank but in this instance I can’t see what he’s done wrong here...

He’s been living with his mrs since Monday so only interacting with people in that household and dropping his mum groceries outside her front door...the same thing a lot of volunteers are doing.

The blokes mums been ill and his dad looks worse (sorry Daz), give the bloke a break here.

(Obviously speeding ‘just because you can’ is proper bone, and I’m not getting involved in the ‘should he be working’ argument.)

What I've said is true, Don.
Daz has a lot on his plate with his dad and I wouldn't like to see him go through it with his mum, too.
If he sees her, he's putting her at risk. And himself. And his girlfriend.
That includes a funeral should it come that.
These are not my opinions.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2020, 08:50:57 pm »

It's only Griffin that can't understand.

He still doesn't.
Tell me what I don't understand, Simpkin.
I'll bet you can't.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2020, 08:56:22 pm »
I'll bet you can't.

I've already explained; you're too stupid to understand.

Even Donkey has tried and you don't get it.

Never mind. :'(

G Griffin

« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2020, 08:57:36 pm »
I'll bet you can't.

I've already explained; you're too stupid to understand.

Even Donkey has tried and you don't get it.

Never mind. :'(
You can't.
Enjoy your marshmallows and stay safe.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Don Kee

« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2020, 08:58:16 pm »

Daz has a lot on his plate with his dad and I wouldn't like to see him go through it with his mum, too.

I understand but Daz is getting stick for what he might do in the future.

Up to this point, he says he hasn’t had any contact with his mum in 3 weeks...
I can’t see anywhere where Daz says he’s actually gone up and given his mum a great big cuddle, only that he’d be gutted if he couldn’t should events go south...

That’s thought police isn’t it?
(Granted I may have missed something, I can’t be bothered going back too far into posts, not been on the forum all day)

TomCrowther

« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2020, 08:58:41 pm »
He doesn't go in to his Mum's house. He drops food etc off for her at the door. Can everyone calm down and let him get on with it?

dazmond

« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2020, 08:59:34 pm »

err....shes recovered from the virus....my mums fine now...... ::)roll

G Griffin

« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2020, 09:07:37 pm »

err....shes recovered from the virus....my mums fine now...... ::)roll
Fair enough, Daz.
I wasn't telling what to do. I was concerned because both your mum and dad had tested positive.
There are a lot of awful restrictions on people with symptoms, let alone the virus, and I didn't want you taking any unnecessary chances.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2020, 09:29:29 pm »
He doesn't go in to his Mum's house. He drops food etc off for her at the door. Can everyone calm down and let him get on with it?

But don't you see?  Griff is telling Daz stuff for his own good.

G Griffin

« Reply #110 on: March 30, 2020, 09:40:15 pm »

But don't you see?  Griff is telling Daz stuff for his own good.
The penny drops.
You're not helping him with your 'fishing'.
I've just alerted Red Adair; he's on standby.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #111 on: March 30, 2020, 09:45:06 pm »
I wasn't telling what to do.

Aye you were:

You can't remember your own nonsense. ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2020, 09:47:11 pm »

Aye you were:

Do you know what 'if' means?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2020, 09:52:28 pm »

Aye you were:

Do you know what 'if' means?

Yes.

I doubt you understand what 'context' means though.

;D

Missing Link

« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2020, 09:54:12 pm »

That doesn't sound like an 'if' to me, Griff.

G Griffin

« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2020, 09:56:40 pm »
'I want context'.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2020, 09:59:59 pm »

That doesn't sound like an 'if' to me, Griff.
There is no 'if'.
It's government guidelines. It's not my guidelines.
I'm just telling Daz the guidelines for his own good.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #117 on: March 30, 2020, 10:00:35 pm »
'I want context'.

The context is you're an idiot and you're telling people what to do when you ought to keep it zipped.

Missing Link

« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2020, 10:01:03 pm »

So you are telling Daz now.

Make up your mind, ffs.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2020, 10:02:47 pm »
'I want context'.

The context is you're an idiot and you're telling people what to do when you ought to keep it zipped.

Pot, kettle post of the year!!😄
Comfortably Numb!

Missing Link

« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2020, 10:05:46 pm »
'I want context'.

Pot, kettle post of the year!!😄

You stupid idiot.  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2020, 10:13:56 pm »

So you are telling Daz now.

Make up your mind, ffs.
I'm telling him the guidelines not telling him what to do.
If I tell you to put your hand into your picket fence fire in your 'office', would you?
I don't know the guidelines on 'office' picket fence fires anyway.
I don't know whether it's an offence or not.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AuRavelling79

« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2020, 10:19:46 pm »
Oh, good Griff! What a load of Tosh!  ;)

Will you two give it a rest with your bickering?

Please?

Missing Link

« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2020, 10:21:38 pm »

Please?

Griff started it.

Ban him. ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2020, 12:56:11 am »

Please?

Griff started it.

Ban him. ;D
Telling a well respected moderator how to do his job?
A job that you couldn't hold down?
Tut tut tut.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AuRavelling79

« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2020, 10:13:23 am »

Please?

Griff started it.

Ban him. ;D
Tut tut tut.

I prefer Gala apples to Granny Smith's.

Granny

« Reply #126 on: March 31, 2020, 10:41:49 am »
It all started when he hit me back! ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2020, 11:02:35 am »

Please?

Griff started it.

Ban him. ;D
Tut tut tut.

I prefer Gala apples to Granny Smith's.
Noted.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐