This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

G Griffin

Re: my parents just dont get it...........
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2020, 04:25:37 pm »
Jeez Daz that’s terrible mate. If it was only him he was endangering then that’s one thing but to be going to the shops and not following government guidelines is just downright selfish.

I hope your reaction convinced him to do the right thing from now on.

i think he could die over the weekend danny.....my brother has just gone round and sat in the garden talking to mum through the conservatory and hes on the bed...shaking with hot sweats/chills...he cant speak as his throat is that sore and he s going in and out of consciousness

My Dad had terminal cancer in 2015 (RIP) He was at home for most of his illness apart from the cancer treatment and the last 48 hrs he was alive. He had NHS healthcare workers coming to his house three times a day and on call if he needed them.

Is this the same for your dad Daz and have they been informed about his current position/state?

Best wishes by the way
They won't be able to see him because of the virus, Simon.
Isolation.
Family members can't spend the last few hours with their loved ones if they are in hospital, either.
The spread of the virus is more important than individuals, at the moment.
It's that serious.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

simon w

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2020, 04:31:07 pm »
Jeez Daz that’s terrible mate. If it was only him he was endangering then that’s one thing but to be going to the shops and not following government guidelines is just downright selfish.

I hope your reaction convinced him to do the right thing from now on.

i think he could die over the weekend danny.....my brother has just gone round and sat in the garden talking to mum through the conservatory and hes on the bed...shaking with hot sweats/chills...he cant speak as his throat is that sore and he s going in and out of consciousness

My Dad had terminal cancer in 2015 (RIP) He was at home for most of his illness apart from the cancer treatment and the last 48 hrs he was alive. He had NHS healthcare workers coming to his house three times a day and on call if he needed them.

Is this the same for your dad Daz and have they been informed about his current position/state?

Best wishes by the way
They won't be able to see him because of the virus, Simon.
Isolation.
Family members can't spend the last few hours with their loved ones if they are in hospital, either.
The spread of the virus is more important than individuals, at the moment.
It's that serious.

Of course they will if a combination of cancer & CV means he needs critical emergency treatment he'd be going to A&E by ambulance or they'd be assessing him at home and making a decision on some kind of end of life treatment

G Griffin

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2020, 04:39:52 pm »
Simon, you said healthcare workers coming to the house, though. That won't happen.
He might get an ambulance and then he'll end up in hospital in isolation.
Sorry to be doing this, Daz, but it needs saying.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

simon w

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2020, 04:45:16 pm »
Simon, you said healthcare workers coming to the house, though. That won't happen.

Griff when you have terminal cancer you have a professional team looking after you from start to finish if your on your last legs they will be visiting you several times a day or admitting you to hospital. Sorry that's what I was referring to when I said healthcare workers.

jk999

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2020, 04:46:01 pm »
My dads 80 n will not stop in what so eva i think its the age thing

G Griffin

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2020, 05:01:52 pm »

Griff when you have terminal cancer you have a professional team looking after you from start to finish if your on your last legs they will be visiting you several times a day or admitting you to hospital. Sorry that's what I was referring to when I said healthcare workers.
Simon, my missus is a palliative care nurse and they can't visit anyone with the virus.
They have had to cancel visits to anyone with co-vid. And if he does end up in hospital, Daz's dad will be more than likely be in isolation.
It's terrible, mate.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2020, 06:00:40 pm »
My sister was telling me earlier how a friend of hers has had their chemo stopped because of corona. Corona comes first, cancer is second these days.

G Griffin

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2020, 06:43:08 pm »
My sister was telling me earlier how a friend of hers has had their chemo stopped because of corona. Corona comes first, cancer is second these days.
They also stop chemo because it harms the immune system and leaves you more vulnerable to coronavirus.
Shit, isn't it?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2020, 06:50:28 pm »

Does that not ring MASSIVE alarm bells?
Comfortably Numb!

Slacky

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2020, 06:55:41 pm »
How d’you mean?

Slacky

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2020, 06:56:21 pm »
Sorry to hear about your family situation Daz.

❤️

NBwcs

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2020, 06:56:36 pm »
My daughters on the NHS frontline and unfortunately its true, all visitors have been stopped (except for birthing partners), and people are literally dieing  in hospital alone with no family present whether its corona virus or not. Its incredibly sad.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2020, 07:02:06 pm »
How d’you mean?

Geeez Slacky, come on bro'!! Do I really need to spell it out?
Comfortably Numb!

G Griffin

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2020, 07:09:27 pm »

Come on, Peavey.
Window cleaners are immune. They ring ahead, get paid online, two metres rule and refuse tea and coffee.
It's Tesco's fault.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2020, 07:14:35 pm »
My daughters on the NHS frontline and unfortunately its true, all visitors have been stopped (except for birthing partners), and people are literally dieing  in hospital alone with no family present whether its corona virus or not. Its incredibly sad.
Heartbreaking and true, Nick.
I nearly cried watching the news the other day listening to one story. And again about another case this morning.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2020, 07:16:49 pm »
How d’you mean?

Geeez Slacky, come on bro'!! Do I really need to spell it out?

It depends what specific angle you’re coming from, and as I dont know what that is, yes you are.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2020, 07:25:29 pm »

Come on, Peavey.
Window cleaners are immune. They ring ahead, get paid online, two metres rule and refuse tea and coffee.
It's Tesco's fault.

AGREED
The people who know are making unprecedented manoeuvres and spending unprecedented amounts of money to combat what the others are in denial about! THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN WITHOUT UNPRECEDENTED REASON!!!!! WAKE UP FFS!!
Comfortably Numb!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2020, 07:33:55 pm »
I don't think Boris getting it is a political stunt. It doesn't make sense. Think it through.
It's a game of three halves!

Slacky

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2020, 07:39:25 pm »
Exactly, if he were trying to pull a stunt and then really did get it there'd be hell to pay.

CleanClear

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2020, 07:41:52 pm »
I don't think Boris getting it is a political stunt. It doesn't make sense. Think it through.

Yep he's been non stop for about a month, from the crack of dawn facing one of the most awful times for any Prime minster. And it has shown on his face latley .Last thing he's gonna say is i'm knackered and need a break as all the NHS staff on 25K or whatever a year are about to work round the clock with no break taking a gamble with their own lives. And i never heard him cough, not once.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------