This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Are You Open or Closed for Business?

Open and will continue to trade one day at a time for the time being.
Closed until further notice.

NWH

Re: Poll Time. Are You Open or Closed for Business?
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2020, 10:26:18 pm »
If you go out to any shop to buy food etc that’s the point if you are going to get it you will,I’ve got fuel etc worn rubber gloves including the supermarket.
If I go to work I get in my van put rubber gloves on drive to jobs that are out the way see no one within 20-30ft clean in and on to the next,people saying stay in stay in if you go to the shops etc you are no safer than the next person,the only way you’ll be as safe as you think you are is if you completely lock down and that means living off of what you have in the cupboards until the siren sounds to come out again. I came to the chioce to work when I went out and thought I’m safer at work here.

Dry Clean

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2020, 10:55:56 pm »
Open, I only work in heavy rain/storms or pandemics.

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2020, 08:39:05 am »
closed until further notice, my wife has COPD and if she caught it she would not recover
love is more important than money

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2020, 09:08:04 am »
New York in big trouble now, massive amount of hospital beds required. I can’t believe how a bunch of windowcleaners can bicker so much, open your eyes guys. Who gives a toss who’s working and who isn’t?

its grim here in new york were om a full lock down over 6000 new cases aday now and  there going to open ice rinks to store bodys in from next weeks as we been been told that the death toll will be over 700 aday just in new york by next week

Dave Willis

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2020, 09:13:23 am »
Yeah never mind that though, are you still working? Picking up new customers? Having record days?

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2020, 09:15:36 am »
If you go out to any shop to buy food etc that’s the point if you are going to get it you will,I’ve got fuel etc worn rubber gloves including the supermarket.
If I go to work I get in my van put rubber gloves on drive to jobs that are out the way see no one within 20-30ft clean in and on to the next,people saying stay in stay in if you go to the shops etc you are no safer than the next person,the only way you’ll be as safe as you think you are is if you completely lock down and that means living off of what you have in the cupboards until the siren sounds to come out again. I came to the chioce to work when I went out and thought I’m safer at work here.

not so safe at all what about your feet ?  wet floors and wet soles of feet ? a good few years ago we had foot and mouth in the north east and all over the uk we seen that off in under 6 months

it was  mainly   speeds by feet hence the half cut barrels and every door way we had to use on my dads farm , even at the gates , we stooped all traffic coming on to the land and if it had to come on (milk wagon) it was fully jet wash at the gate with detol

ive seen nothing about speeding it like yet cov-19 stayd alive on for hours on many things do you think they have missed a trick on not make people do this if wearing boots or trainers how long before your walking it around even those you have wash your hands ?

P @ F

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2020, 09:16:22 am »
See how lucky we are having Boris !
That tool Trump is bleating on about being open for Easter , the guy is deranged
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2020, 09:17:08 am »
Yeah never mind that though, are you still working? Picking up new customers? Having record days?

fully locked down here dave and have been since monday

Dave Willis

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2020, 09:24:07 am »
Good point about feet, tossers put their kids in shopping trolleys too. 😮

NWH

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2020, 09:31:58 am »
Full workdown  here

G Griffin

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2020, 10:48:13 am »
closed until further notice, my wife has COPD and if she caught it she would not recover
Has she got a rescue pack, Jay?
They're for people with COPD.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AuRavelling79

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2020, 10:50:10 am »

not so safe at all what about your feet ?  wet floors and wet soles of feet ? a good few years ago we had foot and mouth in the north east and all over the uk we seen that off in under 6 months

it was  mainly   speeds by feet hence the half cut barrels and every door way we had to use on my dads farm , even at the gates , we stooped all traffic coming on to the land and if it had to come on (milk wagon) it was fully jet wash at the gate with detol

ive seen nothing about speeding it like yet cov-19 stayd alive on for hours on many things do you think they have missed a trick on not make people do this if wearing boots or trainers how long before your walking it around even those you have wash your hands ?

I was window cleaning during foot and mouth (2003?) and had about half a dozen working farms on my round - asked not to visit.

Hope you are keeping safe over there Susan. I fear that USA is not as prepared as UK which in turn is not as prepared as Germany which is testing like mad.
It's a game of three halves!

JackieW

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2020, 11:00:04 am »

;D ;D

Slacky

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2020, 11:29:55 am »
I had a day of commercial work early this week just gone. Both offices were empty. I called one of them. The call was diverted - they were 'working from home'.

Both offices had paid by Thursday, obviously not much to do whilst watching day time TV. One of the offices requires regular chasing for payment.

In hindsight it seems it could be beneficial this sat at home malarkey.

simon w

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2020, 11:34:23 am »
I had a day of commercial work early this week just gone. Both offices were empty. I called one of them. The call was diverted - they were 'working from home'.

Both offices had paid by Thursday, obviously not much to do whilst watching day time TV. One of the offices requires regular chasing for payment.

In hindsight it seems it could be beneficial this sat at home malarkey.

I have noticed an increase in invoices being settled in full for both commercial and residential this week some residential even making bank transfer before work was even finished

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2020, 11:50:22 am »

what is a rescue pack? not heard of that one

G Griffin

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2020, 12:04:12 pm »

They contain antibiotics and steroids if your wife becomes ill. She might not just be able to get to the doctors or hospital.
Look into, mate:
https://www.nbt.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/attachments/COPD%20Rescue%20Pack_NBT002760.pdf

Use the side arrow > to read through it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

CleanClear

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2020, 12:08:51 pm »
See how lucky we are having Boris !
That tool Trump is bleating on about being open for Easter , the guy is deranged

There's quite a few on here who think they'll be open at Easter too. June at the earliest will they get back to work, and most who are working this week will be forced to shut down. Thats what all the evidence points to from the Countries ahead of us. Can't see how we are going to be any different. Anyone thinking they're gonna work right through this is in denial/deluded.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2020, 12:10:17 pm »

They contain antibiotics and steroids if your wife becomes ill. She might not just be able to get to the doctors or hospital.
Look into, mate:
https://www.nbt.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/attachments/COPD%20Rescue%20Pack_NBT002760.pdf

Use the side arrow > to read through it.

Thanks G

P @ F

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2020, 02:01:56 pm »
I will be working until a full lockdown comes , I don’t really have a choice in the matter
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !