This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Are You Open or Closed for Business?

Open and will continue to trade one day at a time for the time being.
Closed until further notice.

The Jester of Wibbly

Poll Time. Are You Open or Closed for Business?
« on: March 27, 2020, 06:40:29 pm »
No right or wrong answer here,  we are all different and needs that respect for each other.

Let's see what the ratio is.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

G Griffin

Re: Poll Time. Are You Open or Closed for Business?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 07:14:21 pm »
Closed.
I had the news on while I was doing my ironing today and some of it was heartbreaking (the news not my ironing). The thing that the authorities keep asking is for us to stay home.
It's relatively easy for me to do; so I will; as much as I can.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 07:16:36 pm »
If I drop a basket of my skidders off will you iron mine please?

Dave Willis

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 07:23:20 pm »
New York in big trouble now, massive amount of hospital beds required. I can’t believe how a bunch of windowcleaners can bicker so much, open your eyes guys. Who gives a toss who’s working and who isn’t?

G Griffin

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 07:27:11 pm »
If I drop a basket of my skidders off will you iron mine please?
It depends on if I'm freelancing from home, at the time.
I don't have to watch the news if I do them, do I? It's depressing.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 07:30:14 pm »
New York in big trouble now, massive amount of hospital beds required. I can’t believe how a bunch of windowcleaners can bicker so much, open your eyes guys. Who gives a toss who’s working and who isn’t?
Yeah, I saw that.
And you're right, going to work shouldn't matter that much even if you are going.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

johnny bravo

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 07:33:07 pm »
Right   Cleanitup  is going into Isolation,      Shutting down.         See then how much you will miss all this who is  who isn't.           The thing is they will still get the se  support grants even while they have still been working.    Because they are entitled to get it.         Odd one

G Griffin

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 07:39:39 pm »
Right   Cleanitup  is going into Isolation,      Shutting down.         See then how much you will miss all this who is  who isn't.           The thing is they will still get the se  support grants even while they have still been working.    Because they are entitled to get it.         Odd one
Cleaning windows is not that important to the rest of the world, in the current climate.
It is to you window cleaners, I understand that. But to me, as a freelancer, and the rest of the world it's not.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

gary999

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 08:07:17 pm »
I keep alternating between yes and no   Running buddies of mine both work for NHS...one lady is a Mortician and she told me
the figures on deaths are not entirely correct and are higher...Covid19 as a secondary or a contributory isn't recorded , only the main cause of death on certificate is counted  Covid19 is having a greater effect than we realise publicly .she just started her second 7 day shift hasn't had a break in two weeks. Second lady works in palliative care...she told they have been instructed to
expect a surge of cases coming their way in the next 7-10 days, given what i was told i'm veering back towards sitting the next few
weeks out again..then see where I/we stand.

RPCCS

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2020, 08:19:41 pm »
Closed as I have to care for my elderly mother as her cater is s i due to asthma.
Cheers Rich

simon w

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2020, 08:27:41 pm »
Open and had a pretty profitable week all in all  8)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2020, 08:30:42 pm »
I closed on Tuesday and felt it right to shut but as I read the advice from the government I can see the guidance to work as well if you aren't specifically shut down.

I have two opposing feelings...  One is to stay at home and show solidarity with that over-arching view and two... to work and not be an unnecessary financial drain on the country's coffers.

I am thinking of returning to work next week as I believe that 75% of my round can be done with no risk to my customers but if deaths and an increasing number of cases are the catalyst for a more emotional shift in opinion I may defer.
It's a game of three halves!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2020, 08:39:50 pm »
I closed on Tuesday and felt it right to shut but as I read the advice from the government I can see the guidance to work as well if you aren't specifically shut down.

I have two opposing feelings...  One is to stay at home and show solidarity with that over-arching view and two... to work and not be an unnecessary financial drain on the country's coffers.

I am thinking of returning to work next week as I believe that 75% of my round can be done with no risk to my customers but if deaths and an increasing number of cases are the catalyst for a more emotional shift in opinion I may defer.

That is exactly how I feel about things at the moment too.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2020, 08:40:09 pm »
It makes me laugh all this 'the government advice says it's ok to work'
Of course they are saying that, they want the economy ticking over. Do you think the government care if you get the virus and die, do you think they care if your wife dies, if your kids die, if your parents die, this disease can kill ANYONE, not just old people or sick people, stay the f*** home so you don't catch it and spread it to your loved ones.

JackieW

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2020, 09:03:03 pm »
Of course they are saying that, they want the economy ticking over. Do you think the government care if you get the virus and die, do you think they care if your wife dies, if your kids die, if your parents die, this disease can kill ANYONE, not just old people or sick people, stay the f*** home so you don't catch it and spread it to your loved ones.

I'm not sure that I agree with your thinking there. Yes, I do think the government, which consists of humans elected into their position of authority by the likes of me and you, yes |I do think those humans care if someone's wife or kids die of the coronavirus.

windowswashed

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2020, 09:04:10 pm »
I stopped shopping in the large supermarkets as nobody keeps their 2 m distance, mini supermarkets they do so that's where I shop now as infrequently as possible as I also have to shop for my mum who is isolating for twelve weeks, if she can isolate, then so am I for her and everyone like her. More to life than money. I'm Isolated on my own and it's not easy but it has to be done for the good of the nation and for us all.

G Griffin

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2020, 09:12:03 pm »
I keep alternating between yes and no   Running buddies of mine both work for NHS...one lady is a Mortician and she told me
the figures on deaths are not entirely correct and are higher...Covid19 as a secondary or a contributory isn't recorded , only the main cause of death on certificate is counted  Covid19 is having a greater effect than we realise publicly .she just started her second 7 day shift hasn't had a break in two weeks. Second lady works in palliative care...she told they have been instructed to
expect a surge of cases coming their way in the next 7-10 days, given what i was told i'm veering back towards sitting the next few
weeks out again..then see where I/we stand.
Hello, Gary, you old Villain; nice to hear from you!
I don't think your decision will do much harm.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2020, 09:15:18 pm »

Actually I  believe the government does care. Most politicians are of an age where they have elderly parents and families. I believe that the medical advisors care. I believe the doctors and nurses care. Some things are beyond politics.
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2020, 09:21:25 pm »

I sort of get where you’re coming from but it’s a bit nihilistic. We are in an environment where the most VIP in the UK has the virus..as does the Health minister.

No matter how hard nosed they may HAVE been, I suspect their viewpoint will be a little more compassionate after all this.

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2020, 09:41:43 pm »
Ok maybe I'm being harsh on the MPs, they are human and are probably poop*ing it like the rest of us, that was the least important point, the important part was the last 4 lines.