Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Are You Open or Closed for Business?

Open and will continue to trade one day at a time for the time being.
Closed until further notice.

The Jester of Wibbly

Poll Time. Are You Open or Closed for Business?
« on: March 27, 2020, 06:40:29 pm »
No right or wrong answer here,  we are all different and needs that respect for each other.

Let's see what the ratio is.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

G Griffin

Re: Poll Time. Are You Open or Closed for Business?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 07:14:21 pm »
Closed.
I had the news on while I was doing my ironing today and some of it was heartbreaking (the news not my ironing). The thing that the authorities keep asking is for us to stay home.
It's relatively easy for me to do; so I will; as much as I can.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 07:16:36 pm »
If I drop a basket of my skidders off will you iron mine please?

Dave Willis

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 07:23:20 pm »
New York in big trouble now, massive amount of hospital beds required. I can’t believe how a bunch of windowcleaners can bicker so much, open your eyes guys. Who gives a toss who’s working and who isn’t?

G Griffin

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 07:27:11 pm »
If I drop a basket of my skidders off will you iron mine please?
It depends on if I'm freelancing from home, at the time.
I don't have to watch the news if I do them, do I? It's depressing.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 07:30:14 pm »
New York in big trouble now, massive amount of hospital beds required. I can’t believe how a bunch of windowcleaners can bicker so much, open your eyes guys. Who gives a toss who’s working and who isn’t?
Yeah, I saw that.
And you're right, going to work shouldn't matter that much even if you are going.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

johnny bravo

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 07:33:07 pm »
Right   Cleanitup  is going into Isolation,      Shutting down.         See then how much you will miss all this who is  who isn't.           The thing is they will still get the se  support grants even while they have still been working.    Because they are entitled to get it.         Odd one

G Griffin

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 07:39:39 pm »
Right   Cleanitup  is going into Isolation,      Shutting down.         See then how much you will miss all this who is  who isn't.           The thing is they will still get the se  support grants even while they have still been working.    Because they are entitled to get it.         Odd one
Cleaning windows is not that important to the rest of the world, in the current climate.
It is to you window cleaners, I understand that. But to me, as a freelancer, and the rest of the world it's not.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

gary999

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 08:07:17 pm »
I keep alternating between yes and no   Running buddies of mine both work for NHS...one lady is a Mortician and she told me
the figures on deaths are not entirely correct and are higher...Covid19 as a secondary or a contributory isn't recorded , only the main cause of death on certificate is counted  Covid19 is having a greater effect than we realise publicly .she just started her second 7 day shift hasn't had a break in two weeks. Second lady works in palliative care...she told they have been instructed to
expect a surge of cases coming their way in the next 7-10 days, given what i was told i'm veering back towards sitting the next few
weeks out again..then see where I/we stand.

RPCCS

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2020, 08:19:41 pm »
Closed as I have to care for my elderly mother as her cater is s i due to asthma.
Cheers Rich

simon w

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2020, 08:27:41 pm »
Open and had a pretty profitable week all in all  8)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2020, 08:30:42 pm »
I closed on Tuesday and felt it right to shut but as I read the advice from the government I can see the guidance to work as well if you aren't specifically shut down.

I have two opposing feelings...  One is to stay at home and show solidarity with that over-arching view and two... to work and not be an unnecessary financial drain on the country's coffers.

I am thinking of returning to work next week as I believe that 75% of my round can be done with no risk to my customers but if deaths and an increasing number of cases are the catalyst for a more emotional shift in opinion I may defer.
It's a game of three halves!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2020, 08:39:50 pm »
I closed on Tuesday and felt it right to shut but as I read the advice from the government I can see the guidance to work as well if you aren't specifically shut down.

I have two opposing feelings...  One is to stay at home and show solidarity with that over-arching view and two... to work and not be an unnecessary financial drain on the country's coffers.

I am thinking of returning to work next week as I believe that 75% of my round can be done with no risk to my customers but if deaths and an increasing number of cases are the catalyst for a more emotional shift in opinion I may defer.

That is exactly how I feel about things at the moment too.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2020, 08:40:09 pm »
It makes me laugh all this 'the government advice says it's ok to work'
Of course they are saying that, they want the economy ticking over. Do you think the government care if you get the virus and die, do you think they care if your wife dies, if your kids die, if your parents die, this disease can kill ANYONE, not just old people or sick people, stay the f*** home so you don't catch it and spread it to your loved ones.

JackieW

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2020, 09:03:03 pm »
Of course they are saying that, they want the economy ticking over. Do you think the government care if you get the virus and die, do you think they care if your wife dies, if your kids die, if your parents die, this disease can kill ANYONE, not just old people or sick people, stay the f*** home so you don't catch it and spread it to your loved ones.

I'm not sure that I agree with your thinking there. Yes, I do think the government, which consists of humans elected into their position of authority by the likes of me and you, yes |I do think those humans care if someone's wife or kids die of the coronavirus.

windowswashed

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2020, 09:04:10 pm »
I stopped shopping in the large supermarkets as nobody keeps their 2 m distance, mini supermarkets they do so that's where I shop now as infrequently as possible as I also have to shop for my mum who is isolating for twelve weeks, if she can isolate, then so am I for her and everyone like her. More to life than money. I'm Isolated on my own and it's not easy but it has to be done for the good of the nation and for us all.

G Griffin

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2020, 09:12:03 pm »
I keep alternating between yes and no   Running buddies of mine both work for NHS...one lady is a Mortician and she told me
the figures on deaths are not entirely correct and are higher...Covid19 as a secondary or a contributory isn't recorded , only the main cause of death on certificate is counted  Covid19 is having a greater effect than we realise publicly .she just started her second 7 day shift hasn't had a break in two weeks. Second lady works in palliative care...she told they have been instructed to
expect a surge of cases coming their way in the next 7-10 days, given what i was told i'm veering back towards sitting the next few
weeks out again..then see where I/we stand.
Hello, Gary, you old Villain; nice to hear from you!
I don't think your decision will do much harm.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2020, 09:15:18 pm »

Actually I  believe the government does care. Most politicians are of an age where they have elderly parents and families. I believe that the medical advisors care. I believe the doctors and nurses care. Some things are beyond politics.

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2020, 09:21:25 pm »

I sort of get where you’re coming from but it’s a bit nihilistic. We are in an environment where the most VIP in the UK has the virus..as does the Health minister.

No matter how hard nosed they may HAVE been, I suspect their viewpoint will be a little more compassionate after all this.

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2020, 09:41:43 pm »
Ok maybe I'm being harsh on the MPs, they are human and are probably poop*ing it like the rest of us, that was the least important point, the important part was the last 4 lines.

NWH

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2020, 10:26:18 pm »
If you go out to any shop to buy food etc that’s the point if you are going to get it you will,I’ve got fuel etc worn rubber gloves including the supermarket.
If I go to work I get in my van put rubber gloves on drive to jobs that are out the way see no one within 20-30ft clean in and on to the next,people saying stay in stay in if you go to the shops etc you are no safer than the next person,the only way you’ll be as safe as you think you are is if you completely lock down and that means living off of what you have in the cupboards until the siren sounds to come out again. I came to the chioce to work when I went out and thought I’m safer at work here.

Dry Clean

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2020, 10:55:56 pm »
Open, I only work in heavy rain/storms or pandemics.

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2020, 08:39:05 am »
closed until further notice, my wife has COPD and if she caught it she would not recover
love is more important than money

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2020, 09:08:04 am »

its grim here in new york were om a full lock down over 6000 new cases aday now and  there going to open ice rinks to store bodys in from next weeks as we been been told that the death toll will be over 700 aday just in new york by next week

Dave Willis

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2020, 09:13:23 am »
Yeah never mind that though, are you still working? Picking up new customers? Having record days?

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2020, 09:15:36 am »
If you go out to any shop to buy food etc that’s the point if you are going to get it you will,I’ve got fuel etc worn rubber gloves including the supermarket.
If I go to work I get in my van put rubber gloves on drive to jobs that are out the way see no one within 20-30ft clean in and on to the next,people saying stay in stay in if you go to the shops etc you are no safer than the next person,the only way you’ll be as safe as you think you are is if you completely lock down and that means living off of what you have in the cupboards until the siren sounds to come out again. I came to the chioce to work when I went out and thought I’m safer at work here.

not so safe at all what about your feet ?  wet floors and wet soles of feet ? a good few years ago we had foot and mouth in the north east and all over the uk we seen that off in under 6 months

it was  mainly   speeds by feet hence the half cut barrels and every door way we had to use on my dads farm , even at the gates , we stooped all traffic coming on to the land and if it had to come on (milk wagon) it was fully jet wash at the gate with detol

ive seen nothing about speeding it like yet cov-19 stayd alive on for hours on many things do you think they have missed a trick on not make people do this if wearing boots or trainers how long before your walking it around even those you have wash your hands ?

P @ F

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2020, 09:16:22 am »
See how lucky we are having Boris !
That tool Trump is bleating on about being open for Easter , the guy is deranged
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2020, 09:17:08 am »
Yeah never mind that though, are you still working? Picking up new customers? Having record days?

fully locked down here dave and have been since monday

Dave Willis

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2020, 09:24:07 am »
Good point about feet, tossers put their kids in shopping trolleys too. 😮

NWH

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2020, 09:31:58 am »
Full workdown  here

G Griffin

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2020, 10:48:13 am »
closed until further notice, my wife has COPD and if she caught it she would not recover
Has she got a rescue pack, Jay?
They're for people with COPD.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AuRavelling79

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2020, 10:50:10 am »

not so safe at all what about your feet ?  wet floors and wet soles of feet ? a good few years ago we had foot and mouth in the north east and all over the uk we seen that off in under 6 months

it was  mainly   speeds by feet hence the half cut barrels and every door way we had to use on my dads farm , even at the gates , we stooped all traffic coming on to the land and if it had to come on (milk wagon) it was fully jet wash at the gate with detol

ive seen nothing about speeding it like yet cov-19 stayd alive on for hours on many things do you think they have missed a trick on not make people do this if wearing boots or trainers how long before your walking it around even those you have wash your hands ?

I was window cleaning during foot and mouth (2003?) and had about half a dozen working farms on my round - asked not to visit.

Hope you are keeping safe over there Susan. I fear that USA is not as prepared as UK which in turn is not as prepared as Germany which is testing like mad.

JackieW

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2020, 11:00:04 am »

;D ;D

Slacky

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2020, 11:29:55 am »
I had a day of commercial work early this week just gone. Both offices were empty. I called one of them. The call was diverted - they were 'working from home'.

Both offices had paid by Thursday, obviously not much to do whilst watching day time TV. One of the offices requires regular chasing for payment.

In hindsight it seems it could be beneficial this sat at home malarkey.

simon w

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2020, 11:34:23 am »
I had a day of commercial work early this week just gone. Both offices were empty. I called one of them. The call was diverted - they were 'working from home'.

Both offices had paid by Thursday, obviously not much to do whilst watching day time TV. One of the offices requires regular chasing for payment.

In hindsight it seems it could be beneficial this sat at home malarkey.

I have noticed an increase in invoices being settled in full for both commercial and residential this week some residential even making bank transfer before work was even finished

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2020, 11:50:22 am »

what is a rescue pack? not heard of that one

G Griffin

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2020, 12:04:12 pm »

They contain antibiotics and steroids if your wife becomes ill. She might not just be able to get to the doctors or hospital.
Look into, mate:
https://www.nbt.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/attachments/COPD%20Rescue%20Pack_NBT002760.pdf

Use the side arrow > to read through it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

CleanClear

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2020, 12:08:51 pm »
That tool Trump is bleating on about being open for Easter , the guy is deranged

There's quite a few on here who think they'll be open at Easter too. June at the earliest will they get back to work, and most who are working this week will be forced to shut down. Thats what all the evidence points to from the Countries ahead of us. Can't see how we are going to be any different. Anyone thinking they're gonna work right through this is in denial/deluded.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2020, 12:10:17 pm »

They contain antibiotics and steroids if your wife becomes ill. She might not just be able to get to the doctors or hospital.
Look into, mate:
https://www.nbt.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/attachments/COPD%20Rescue%20Pack_NBT002760.pdf

Use the side arrow > to read through it.

Thanks G

P @ F

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2020, 02:01:56 pm »
I will be working until a full lockdown comes , I don’t really have a choice in the matter

Dave Willis

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2020, 02:14:45 pm »
You must have made millions on those heaters by now!

dazmond

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2020, 02:22:55 pm »

There's quite a few on here who think they'll be open at Easter too. June at the earliest will they get back to work, and most who are working this week will be forced to shut down. Thats what all the evidence points to from the Countries ahead of us. Can't see how we are going to be any different. Anyone thinking they're gonna work right through this is in denial/deluded.

ill try my best to work through the next few months for sure unless the government tell us different........if its a full lockdown then fair enough......but we can still work at present......we have got to keep the economy going somehow so ill do my bit....

price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2020, 02:37:17 pm »
You must have made millions on those heaters by now!
Sold 2 so far , 1 is still with me due to the fabricator having shut down , it won’t heat anything without the heat exchanger  :(

AuRavelling79

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2020, 06:58:37 pm »

ill try my best to work through the next few months for sure unless the government tell us different........if its a full lockdown then fair enough......but we can still work at present......we have got to keep the economy going somehow so ill do my bit....

Am I the only one that thinks the above in red portrays someone who has been doing what they want with little concern manifest for others as selfishly beneficent?

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2020, 07:11:53 pm »
Tried to change the poll so they people can change their vote when they close up.  I can't do it though.

Maybe admin can or start a new poll pinned

G Griffin

« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2020, 07:18:15 pm »

Am I the only one that thinks the above in red portrays someone who has been doing what they want with little concern manifest for others as selfishly beneficent?
No, you're not.
I can't believe some of the stuff that I've read on the forum recently.
Unbelievable. Jeff......I mean, Malc.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2020, 07:43:12 pm »
I voted yes because you had no option for undecided. I did not work the last week. Considering going back Monday, but still really in two minds. How could any person consider our job as essential right now  ? The people "cracking on" and their  reports of the positive support they've received from customers plus the governments less than transparent stance on whether we should adds to my confusion. . The "we will contact you in a couple of months if you are eligible for a grant " statement adds even  further pressure. I'm concerned if I don't even attempt to work right now, I may not have much of a business to return to. Those with a more cavalier approach and less of a social conscience could capitalise on my round. To say I'm torn by the dilemma right now would be an understatement. I'm almost wishing a full lockdown now so the decision is made for me and everybody else.

Slacky

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2020, 07:49:01 pm »
No-one considers our job essential. What has that got to do with anything permitting us to work?

Theres no transparency.

Slacky

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2020, 07:50:43 pm »
Go outside if you need to work.

Can you do your job inside?

No.

Ok, so go outside and do it then.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2020, 08:01:06 pm »
I voted yes because you had no option for undecided. I did not work the last week. Considering going back Monday, but still really in two minds. How could any person consider our job as essential right now  ? The people "cracking on" and their  reports of the positive support they've received from customers plus the governments less than transparent stance on whether we should adds to my confusion. . The "we will contact you in a couple of months if you are eligible for a grant " statement adds even  further pressure. I'm concerned if I don't even attempt to work right now, I may not have much of a business to return to. Those with a more cavalier approach and less of a social conscience could capitalise on my round. To say I'm torn by the dilemma right now would be an understatement. I'm almost wishing a full lockdown now so the decision is made for me and everybody else.

OK let's think through just the "Those with a more cavalier approach and less of a social conscience could capitalise on my round. "

Let's take your residential customers and your commercial customers.

If you decide you are not going to work "for the time being" during Covid-19 you tell your customers you are reviewing the situation on a weekly basis in light of government advice and the needs of the community.  Tell them that if they want to know what your current situation is then they can easily text/phone/email you at anytime. I believe that all will contact you first before using another window cleaner. You could even tell them that you have registered as a "volunteer" for the next few weeks (if you have) which will further show them you are a responsible person that they will want to support (by doing nothing) for the next few weeks.

If they don't then it will be a one off opportunistic situation.

That should cover you for the rest of this 3 week "lockdown" . As the numbers of new cases reach six figures (in part due to testing identifying the hidden part of the iceberg) and the deaths move into the thousands, more and more people will realise this situation has "got real" and respect your decision.

G Griffin

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2020, 08:56:08 pm »
No-one considers our job essential. What has that got to do with anything permitting us to work?

Theres no transparency.

I think he means socially rather than legally.
For me, it's never been about whether people worked or not. I mellowed after the first couple of days.
Very often, what bugged me is the reasons and attitudes that they had for doing so. For the past week, it has been an economic dilemma and not one of conscience. I understand because the virus hasn't really affected us. Yet.
I know it's a window cleaning forum but it's sad that some that this pandemic is an inconvenience to them and their job.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

jk999

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2020, 10:14:28 pm »
I will work till boris says its a full lock down

Bungle

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2020, 11:12:23 pm »

If you haven’t put much in the government coffers 80% of feck all = feck all.  I’m right aren’t I?
We look at them, they look through them.

Missing Link

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2020, 11:13:17 pm »
If you haven’t put much in the government coffers 80% of feck all = feck all.  I’m right aren’t I?

Yes, or very little.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Missing Link

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2020, 11:20:56 pm »

Am I the only one that thinks the above post in red portrays someone who is virtue signalling that they're morally superior to Daz, under the guise of making him out to be a selfish self-serving type.  Daz has already said that his lass is having financial problems and needs to work to help her out.

And our PM has certainly said that he doesn't want to shut the economy down and provided science led guidelines about how to operate safely.

Unless there's a team of scientists here who specialise in epidemiological matters and know better than the CMO, CSO and SAGE, I think I'm more likely to follow government guidelines than follow what I read on a window cleaning website.

G Griffin

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2020, 11:25:41 pm »
I will work till boris says its a full lock down
There is another alternative.
The government have told us that this virus doesn't discriminate.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2020, 11:27:40 pm »

What?  Stick a link up showing they said that.  I want to see the context.

It certainly discriminates if you look at the evidence; it's far far more likely to kill the old than the young, or the sick, rather than the healthy.

It's like you can't think.

G Griffin

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2020, 11:28:28 pm »

Am I the only one that thinks the above post in red portrays someone who is virtue signalling that they're morally superior to Daz, under the guise of making him out to be a selfish self-serving type.  Daz has already said that his lass is having financial problems and needs to work to help her out.

And our PM has certainly said that he doesn't want to shut the economy down and provided science led guidelines about how to operate safely.

Unless there's a team of scientists here who specialise in epidemiological matters and know better than the CMO, CSO and SAGE, I think I'm more likely to follow government guidelines than follow what I read on a window cleaning website.
Stay at home? .
But you don't sound too sure.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2020, 11:29:59 pm »
and the deaths move into the thousands, more and more people will realise this situation has "got real" and respect your decision.

On average, how many people die in the UK everyday?

I reckon it's close to 2000 keeping in mind we're a population of 67 million.

Missing Link

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2020, 11:31:16 pm »
Stay at home? .

Yes, stay at home, with the following exceptions which include travelling to work:

What is it you don't understand about that?

G Griffin

« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2020, 11:32:00 pm »

What?  Stick a link up showing they said that.  I want to see the context.

It certainly discriminates if you look at the evidence; it's far far more likely to kill the old than the young, or the sick, rather than the healthy.

It's like you can't think.
'I want to see the context' .
Were you stamping your feet when you typed that, Veruca Salt?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2020, 11:34:48 pm »

You are stupid.  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2020, 11:37:27 pm »
Stay at home? .

Yes, stay at home, with the following exceptions which include travelling to work:

What is it you don't understand about that?
It doesn't say you have to leave your home.
But Lord Kitchener is pointing and saying YOUR ECONOMY NEEDS YOU!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2020, 11:39:04 pm »

I guess malcs not working then? ;D

Yes my missus is gonna be hit hard by this over the next few months so at least I'm ticking over and bringing money in....no point us both ending up in financial ruin if I'm allowed to work....I'd be crazy not too.....at the end of the day we all  look after our own friends and family first......

They reckon 20,000 people will die if we re lucky which is a drop in the ocean....most of us will survive by a massive majority......

Missing Link

« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2020, 11:40:28 pm »

Well the government is saying that it's important to get out and exercise.  You should try it.  It might calm you down my hysterical little bean.  Just follow the guidelines and it may improve your mental health.

You are stupid.  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2020, 11:41:03 pm »

You are stupid.  ;D
By the law of averages, you were going to get something right eventually.
Well done.
But keep in mind that there are 67 million people in this country.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2020, 11:47:43 pm »
My mums feeling much better after 6 days with the coronavirus symptoms...I think she ll be ok and shes 73 with rheumatoid arthritis and lowered immunity due to medical drugs.....

My dads not looking too good......but he ll die soon of stage 4 lung cancer anyway and the coronavirus might just nudge him along......

Missing Link

« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2020, 11:50:46 pm »
My mums feeling much better after 6 days with the coronavirus symptoms...I think she ll be ok and shes 73 with rheumatoid arthritis and lowered immunity due to medical drugs.....

My dads not looking too good......but he ll die soon of stage 4 lung cancer anyway and the coronavirus might just nudge him along......

Good news for your mum.  Sorry about your dad. 

G Griffin

« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2020, 11:53:40 pm »

Well the government is saying that it's important to get out and exercise.  You should try it.  It might calm you down my hysterical little bean.  Just follow the guidelines and it may improve your mental health.

You are stupid.  ;D
You can't keep using the same information to improve your statistics. Go on, I'll let you have it .
And speaking of stats, it's good that you can cross a couple of roads without getting knocked down.
YOUR COUNTRY'S HIGHWAYS NEED YOU.

Only because there's nothing on the roads
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Jonny 87

« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2020, 11:56:18 pm »
and the deaths move into the thousands, more and more people will realise this situation has "got real" and respect your decision.

1500 people die EVERY SINGLE month of flu in the uk.

I was surprised to hear that.

This is all a numbers game. Corona virus can be bad  I know it can, but in general it’s like flu. Aslong as there is space in hospital, they can do their best and majority of people are ok. The problem is the volume, not the covid-19. This is all just happening too fast. If the nhs was twice the size then it wouldn’t even be in the news.  I know it can’t work like that though.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

G Griffin

« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2020, 12:07:32 am »

1500 people die EVERY SINGLE month of flu in the uk.

I was surprised to hear that.

This is all a numbers game. Corona virus can be bad  I know it can, but in general it’s like flu. Aslong as there is space in hospital, they can do their best and majority of people are ok. The problem is the volume, not the covid-19. This is all just happening too fast. If the nhs was twice the size then it wouldn’t even be in the news.  I know it can’t work like that though.
In general it's like flu? We've only known about it for a few months.
I agree though that it's the fault of the NHS for not being twice the size. They should have been ready to double in size, at short notice, if a pandemic was to strike.
It's not as though they were struggling before, is it?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2020, 12:17:28 am »

Yes, or very little.

Fairly certain it will definitely be the square root of feck all. Shouldn’t matter tho, I’m sure everybody on here has declared every single penny they’ve earned in the last 2 tax years.  ::)roll

Missing Link

« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2020, 12:18:19 am »
but in general it’s like flu.

For 80% of us, yes.

But there was an Italian doctor, threaders (knackered), on the TV explaining that it's more like pneumonia for the people he sees.

A shortage of ICUs means it's triage time; you prioritise those you think you can help against those who you think there is less hope for.

The latter ones get put in a room and are made as comfortable as possible to die - since they're basically drowning in their own bodily fluids.

I'm glad I clean windows and won't ever have to triage people.

Missing Link

« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2020, 12:19:30 am »
Fairly certain it will definitely be the square root of feck all. Shouldn’t matter tho, I’m sure everybody on here has declared every single penny they’ve earned in the last 2 tax years.  ::)roll

As long as they've declared enough, they'll get a nice three-month wadge, and can still carry on trading.

It's a very generous package from the Tories, don't you think?

« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2020, 12:20:58 am »

As long as they've declared enough, they'll get a nice three-month wadge, and can still carry on trading.

I do indeed.

Get well soon Bojo.

lee_dewing

« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2020, 12:28:11 am »
[quote On average, how many people die in the UK everyday?
][/quote]

In  England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 it’s 500,000 deaths a year.

Which is 1370 a day nearly (fractions 🙇🏻‍♂️)

I’m currently working customer’s I’ve encountered seem supportive

Some customers have paid another clean in advance

One customer gave me a £20 tip
Her clean is £10

I insisted I’d put her in credit and she insisted that I didn’t!

Other customers have said they would keep their standing orders running even if I can not come in the near future.

I don’t have a problem with what people on here choose to do
Work or don’t

I do find it strange when people post
Don’t go out, stay home save lives.

Then next they say they want to try and put their kids in the local school so they can go out and volunteer

Maybe I’m getting it wrong
It’s just an opinion

Opinions aren’t Fact.

Stay well everyone to yourself and families

Whatever you choose to do 👍🏃🦠

Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

G Griffin

« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2020, 12:32:13 am »
but in general it’s like flu.

For 80% of us, yes.

But there was an Italian doctor, threaders (knackered), on the TV explaining that it's more like pneumonia for the people he sees.

A shortage of ICUs means it's triage time; you prioritise those you think you can help against those who you think there is less hope for.

The latter ones get put in a room and are made as comfortable as possible to die - since they're basically drowning in their own fluids.

I'm glad I clean windows and won't ever have to triage people.
We don't know enough about it for it to have an 'in general'. You get that after years of it keep happening.
There are massive knock on effects with this virus. Other patients are left to die. Cancer patients stop receiving treatment.
The people already on ICU's get moved, don't receive enough treatment and die.
Patients, like Daz's dad, might die alone in hospital because they are not allowed visitors. There'll be ten or less allowed at his funeral.
It's terrible.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

lee_dewing

« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2020, 12:34:05 am »
Don’t forget 🕰 clocks go forward one hour

That’s a fact

At least they weren’t all down the beach 🏖 today 🤦
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Shrek

« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2020, 06:54:28 am »
We just passed 2,000 deaths in the US from Covid-19.

It took us a month to go from 1 death to 1,000 deaths.

It took us 48 hours to go from 1,000 deaths to 2,000 deaths.

THAT is exponential growth.

Soupy

« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2020, 07:39:04 am »
We just passed 2,000 deaths in the US from Covid-19.

It took us a month to go from 1 death to 1,000 deaths.

It took us 48 hours to go from 1,000 deaths to 2,000 deaths.

THAT is exponential growth.

Worldwide it took three months to get to 20k. 10k in three days now.

Scary stuff.
Every line of serious work that I have written since 1936 has been written, directly or indirectly, against totalitarianism and for democratic socialism, as I understand it - George Orwell

Dave Willis

« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2020, 07:42:52 am »
Did someone say it’s just like flu?
How many healthy doctors die every year with normal flu I wonder?
Italy have lost over forty doctors to this pandemic so far.
Can’t say I’ve noticed Birmingham Airport being turned into a morgue during the winter before. Maybe they do but can’t say I’ve noticed.

Shrek

« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2020, 07:56:48 am »

TomCrowther

« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2020, 09:50:34 am »

Not for people like me it isn't. I pay myself a wage of £12k a year and then take the rest in dividends. I still pay tax on everything but most of the tax is corporation tax. So all I can claim is £719 per month. Not going to go far.

simon w

« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2020, 09:55:13 am »
Did someone say it’s just like flu?
How many healthy doctors die every year with normal flu I wonder?
Italy have lost over forty doctors to this pandemic so far.
Can’t say I’ve noticed Birmingham Airport being turned into a morgue during the winter before. Maybe they do but can’t say I’ve noticed.

It's obviously more contagious than the flu. I don't think I've ever had flu in my life if it's as bad as we are told. I was window cleaning for two retired GP'S last week husband and wife and we were discussing flu and the husband also said he has never had it and he's spent his whole life working with sick people.

Dave Willis

« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2020, 10:40:35 am »
I think I’ve had flu twice in my life although one episode could have been Weils disease. I was so ill it reduced me to tears, joint pain was horrendous as were the fevers. I certainly wouldn’t be sat in bed passing my time on Facebook and Cleanitup.
Proper flu is dreadful.
When I was a printer the usual tossers would phone in with 24hour flu (normally coming on Sunday night).

Missing Link

« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2020, 10:53:17 am »
I think I’ve had flu twice in my life although one episode could have been Weils disease. I was so ill it reduced me to tears, joint pain was horrendous as were the fevers.

Sounds like man-flu.

NWH

« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2020, 11:02:41 am »
I said to my doctor years ago I think I’ve got the flu,he said to if you had flu you wouldn’t be sitting in front of me now you wouldn’t have been able to have walked here.
I’ve only ever had it probably a couple of times ever we have a flu jab once a year now,just had 1 a few months ago which had the vaccine 💉 in which included protection against the Australian strain I think  they said.

Stoots

« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2020, 11:33:02 am »

Not for people like me it isn't. I pay myself a wage of £12k a year and then take the rest in dividends. I still pay tax on everything but most of the tax is corporation tax. So all I can claim is £719 per month. Not going to go far.

Yeh if you are lucky.

Sole directors don't qualify, at least thats the current situation until the details are released.

I would be over the moon to get 80% of my PAYE 12,500 salary. I'd stop working today if that was confirmed to be the case.

It wouldn't cover my bills but would be a massive improvement on zero.

G Griffin

« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2020, 11:41:02 am »

Yeh if you are lucky.

Sole directors don't qualify, at least thats the current situation until the details are released.

I would be over the moon to get 80% of my PAYE 12,500 salary. I'd stop working today if that was confirmed to be the case.

It wouldn't cover my bills but would be a massive improvement on zero.
Don't accept zero, Gomo.
Apply for Universal Credits or whatever.
You can claim SSP if you display any symptoms.
Don't give up (as Kate Bush said to Peter Gabriel), you 'll be entitled to something, however little it might be.
Get Googling, mate.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐