This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Are You Open or Closed for Business?

Open and will continue to trade one day at a time for the time being.
Closed until further notice.

Dave Willis

Re: Poll Time. Are You Open or Closed for Business?
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2020, 07:42:52 am »
Did someone say it’s just like flu?
How many healthy doctors die every year with normal flu I wonder?
Italy have lost over forty doctors to this pandemic so far.
Can’t say I’ve noticed Birmingham Airport being turned into a morgue during the winter before. Maybe they do but can’t say I’ve noticed.

Shrek

« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2020, 07:56:48 am »

TomCrowther

« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2020, 09:50:34 am »
Fairly certain it will definitely be the square root of feck all. Shouldn’t matter tho, I’m sure everybody on here has declared every single penny they’ve earned in the last 2 tax years.  ::)roll

As long as they've declared enough, they'll get a nice three-month wadge, and can still carry on trading.

It's a very generous package from the Tories, don't you think?
Not for people like me it isn't. I pay myself a wage of £12k a year and then take the rest in dividends. I still pay tax on everything but most of the tax is corporation tax. So all I can claim is £719 per month. Not going to go far.

simon w

« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2020, 09:55:13 am »
Did someone say it’s just like flu?
How many healthy doctors die every year with normal flu I wonder?
Italy have lost over forty doctors to this pandemic so far.
Can’t say I’ve noticed Birmingham Airport being turned into a morgue during the winter before. Maybe they do but can’t say I’ve noticed.

It's obviously more contagious than the flu. I don't think I've ever had flu in my life if it's as bad as we are told. I was window cleaning for two retired GP'S last week husband and wife and we were discussing flu and the husband also said he has never had it and he's spent his whole life working with sick people.

Dave Willis

« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2020, 10:40:35 am »
I think I’ve had flu twice in my life although one episode could have been Weils disease. I was so ill it reduced me to tears, joint pain was horrendous as were the fevers. I certainly wouldn’t be sat in bed passing my time on Facebook and Cleanitup.
Proper flu is dreadful.
When I was a printer the usual tossers would phone in with 24hour flu (normally coming on Sunday night).

Missing Link

« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2020, 10:53:17 am »
I think I’ve had flu twice in my life although one episode could have been Weils disease. I was so ill it reduced me to tears, joint pain was horrendous as were the fevers.

Sounds like man-flu.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

NWH

« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2020, 11:02:41 am »
I said to my doctor years ago I think I’ve got the flu,he said to if you had flu you wouldn’t be sitting in front of me now you wouldn’t have been able to have walked here.
I’ve only ever had it probably a couple of times ever we have a flu jab once a year now,just had 1 a few months ago which had the vaccine 💉 in which included protection against the Australian strain I think  they said.

Stoots

« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2020, 11:33:02 am »
Fairly certain it will definitely be the square root of feck all. Shouldn’t matter tho, I’m sure everybody on here has declared every single penny they’ve earned in the last 2 tax years.  ::)roll

As long as they've declared enough, they'll get a nice three-month wadge, and can still carry on trading.

Not for people like me it isn't. I pay myself a wage of £12k a year and then take the rest in dividends. I still pay tax on everything but most of the tax is corporation tax. So all I can claim is £719 per month. Not going to go far.

Yeh if you are lucky.

Sole directors don't qualify, at least thats the current situation until the details are released.

I would be over the moon to get 80% of my PAYE 12,500 salary. I'd stop working today if that was confirmed to be the case.

It wouldn't cover my bills but would be a massive improvement on zero.

G Griffin

« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2020, 11:41:02 am »

Yeh if you are lucky.

Sole directors don't qualify, at least thats the current situation until the details are released.

I would be over the moon to get 80% of my PAYE 12,500 salary. I'd stop working today if that was confirmed to be the case.

It wouldn't cover my bills but would be a massive improvement on zero.
Don't accept zero, Gomo.
Apply for Universal Credits or whatever.
You can claim SSP if you display any symptoms.
Don't give up (as Kate Bush said to Peter Gabriel), you 'll be entitled to something, however little it might be.
Get Googling, mate.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐