Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robert mitchell

FAO Alex gardiner
« on: January 17, 2020, 08:04:54 am »
Hi Alex ,

I was wondering if you have any plans to do a full stiff version of the extreme sill brush ?

I have an all red bristle version of the ultimate but i prefer the extreme sill .

Rob
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Stoots

Re: FAO Alex gardiner
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 08:19:55 am »
I have an extreme sill stiff  ::)roll

It's a great brush btw

Granny

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 08:37:22 am »
I use the medium sill brush almost exclusively.
https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/super-lite-radius-sill-brushes/the-super-litear-radius-sill-brush-dual-trim-medium-mixed-bristles.html
I would like to use the stiff brush especially in Summer for the insect spots but what puts me off is the bristles protruding from the sides.
Most of the houses here are sandstone even touching it with the brush stock brings sand shuttering down can't imagine what it would be like brushing up and down against it!

robert mitchell

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 03:19:08 pm »
I use the medium sill brush almost exclusively.
https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/super-lite-radius-sill-brushes/the-super-litear-radius-sill-brush-dual-trim-medium-mixed-bristles.html
I would like to use the stiff brush especially in Summer for the insect spots but what puts me off is the bristles protruding from the sides.
Most of the houses here are sandstone even touching it with the brush stock brings sand shuttering down can't imagine what it would be like brushing up and down against it!

I have a couple of houses like that , so i know what you mean , the extreme sill brush doesn't have bristles protruding from the side though .

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 08:18:09 pm »
Hi Alex ,

I was wondering if you have any plans to do a full stiff version of the extreme sill brush ?

I have an all red bristle version of the ultimate but i prefer the extreme sill .

Rob

I wasn't planning on as we generally find the current stiff version is OK for most users.

However it is of course possible to have a stiffer version made.

What temperature water do you currently use?

robert mitchell

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 06:53:59 pm »
Hi Alex ,

Rob

I wasn't planning on as we generally find the current stiff version is OK for most users.

I run pretty high temps Alex , 70-80 at the heater , obviously it will lose some by the time it gets to the brush but i much prefer the feel of the full stiff and it tends to keep its shape a bit longer.

Would be great if you could make a full red bristle version ?

mufcglen

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 07:02:04 pm »
How’ve you not cracked a window at that temp!
When I first started using hot I had it similar temps and cracked a small glass window in feb cold time!
I only run at 30°ish out of the jets now(50° on boiler)and it feels just above warm but never cracked anything since!

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 07:05:26 pm »
Hi Alex ,

Rob

I run pretty high temps Alex , 70-80 at the heater , obviously it will lose some by the time it gets to the brush but i much prefer the feel of the full stiff and it tends to keep its shape a bit longer.

Would be great if you could make a full red bristle version ?

i agree...i think it would be great for hot water users...the full red bristle ultimate brush is the best brush ive used with hot water,it keeps its shape better than any other light gardiner brush and is a good solid all around brush,an xtreme sill with the same red bristles would be the missing link...... :)
price higher/work harder!

robert mitchell

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 07:29:18 pm »
How’ve you not cracked a window at that temp!
When I first started using hot I had it similar temps and cracked a small glass window in feb cold time!
I only run at 30°ish out of the jets now(50° on boiler)and it feels just above warm but never cracked anything since!

Nope . Not so far in over 2 years of using hot .

p1w1

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2020, 10:07:55 am »
I said this a while back, there needs to be a red bristle only version for hot water, the current stiff doesn't  cope well with hot water.

NWH

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2020, 06:22:19 pm »
The brush I’ve found that keeps it shape best with hot water is the dupont”Gardiner’s”much much better than all others in the range.

robert mitchell

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2020, 11:15:15 pm »
So what do you think Alex ..........is it a possibility?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2020, 08:13:18 am »
So what do you think Alex ..........is it a possibility?

Yes it is possible  :)

Working on some new stiff white bristle material currently so this may be a possibility to switch over to.

NWH

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2020, 10:16:08 am »
I don’t like stiffer bristle brushes the DuPont ultimate I think I have is the best brush I’ve had for holding shape with hot water,unless the windows are still very clean you run the risk of leaving brush strokes on the glass I’ve found.
Medium bristle that holds onto its shape is perfect for all round cleaning on most glass,if it doesn’t hold shape after a few weeks it’s useless

Simon Trapani

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2020, 10:55:27 am »
I doubt there’ll ever be a perfect bristle or pole hose.

Splash & dash

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2020, 11:12:01 am »
I don’t like stiffer bristle brushes the DuPont ultimate I think I have is the best brush I’ve had for holding shape with hot water,unless the windows are still very clean you run the risk of leaving brush strokes on the glass I’ve found.
Medium bristle that holds onto its shape is perfect for all round cleaning on most glass,if it doesn’t hold shape after a few weeks it’s useless

We are finding that the current version of hot brushes stiff version is only lasting  4 weeks

NWH

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2020, 01:38:28 pm »
That V in the middle of the brushes is what makes them  useless this happens quickly with hot water even after reshaping it,this doesn’t happen anywhere near as quickly with cold water I would go as far as to say it’s a fault in the brush this part of the brush needs re designing,something like stiffer bristles on this part of the stock only once this happens it’s there for the rest of it’s life.

NWH

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2020, 01:40:13 pm »
Lol that red brush in the picture I’ve never used a brush that looks like that one,I’ve binned them way way before that stage.
I use them in rotation so they never get to that state.

robert mitchell

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2020, 11:59:38 pm »
I doubt there’ll ever be a perfect bristle or pole hose.

Perfect bristles for me already exist ........just on the wrong brush .

Pole hose will always be a pain .

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2020, 06:05:58 pm »

This is my ultimate stiff brush....its 6 months old but its had 3 months use as I only use it for around 2 weeks a month.personally this brush has been the best to use with hot water for me....loads of life left in it yet.....👍
price higher/work harder!