This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robert mitchell

Re: FAO Alex gardiner
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2022, 02:05:43 pm »
Alex Gardiner

Any update on maybe producing a fully stiff extreme brush for hot water users in the summer? similar bristles to the stiff ultimate in the above pic from dazmond?

I would be willing to pre order ten fully stiff extremes if that makes it more worthwhile?
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Splash & dash

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2022, 03:42:19 pm »
I think you will find it costs a lot to alter the  tooling, and would  need  a lot more than 10 brushes to make it viable 😂😂

NWH

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2022, 03:50:58 pm »
Lol 10 I think you need to have another think about that and call it 500-1000 for it to be worth a production run.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2022, 12:58:17 pm »
Alex Gardiner

Any update on maybe producing a fully stiff extreme brush for hot water users in the summer? similar bristles to the stiff ultimate in the above pic from dazmond?

I would be willing to pre order ten fully stiff extremes if that makes it more worthwhile?

Hi Robert

There would not really be the demand for two Xtreme Sill stiff brushes (current semi-stiff and a new stiff). So we would have to decide if enough users would prefer a full stiff version rather than the current one that is just 'fairly stiff'.

Once we decided which was most in demand it would be very easy to produce these in full stiff version. The difficult bit is deciding if all the current users would also prefer a full stiff version or if this was not wanted.

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2022, 04:27:06 pm »
Personally I would like to see this too....the red bristles are much better for hot water use in the summer and would be great on an xtreme brush IMO as the water gets very hot this time of year
price higher/work harder!

DJW

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2022, 05:22:02 pm »
Nope. Like the current versions thanks Alex
Don’t change anything!
For people like me who don’t boil their brushes the flocked sill is nearly perfect for everyday work whilst the stiffer versions are great for more demanding jobs.

NWH

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2022, 05:54:44 pm »
Fully stiff brushes don’t clean as well as the medium even with hot water in my experience,I wouldn’t use a stiff brush at all if I was using cold water the results can be an eye opener up close if you go inside and clean the insides.
The thing I find them good for is cleaning in the small cracks and crevices on PVC windows.

Ggh

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2022, 07:32:38 pm »
  Aren’t all brushes pretty much the same?

;D
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

NWH

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2022, 08:00:48 pm »
  Aren’t all brushes pretty much the same?

;D

No all brushes aren’t the same it depends on the temperature of the water you use and type of windows you’re cleaning,if you used a stiff or soft come to think of it  supreme brush you would struggle to clean certain windows ie leads just to name 1 example.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2022, 02:24:53 pm »
I would like to see more development with the Supreme stock type. I reckon that size and shape of stock has so much more potential!👌😎
Comfortably Numb!

Slacky

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2022, 02:57:25 pm »
Jeepers, it’s sweeping glass.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2022, 08:28:33 pm »

But it's not. It's getting spiders nests out of lower sash corners- where the upper sash runners prevent you from passing the stock further than 10mm over both sides. Xtremes fail miserably here. It's getting that top frame clean of any and all contamination where there's only a 10mm gap between it and the brick, stone timber frame. It's getting into the side sash runners to remove all the spiders, webs, flies etc.  It's the 'effective' coverage of a given brush to determine how many passes are required per any given situation. It's the 'wet' weight of the brush which will determine the compromise between ease of use and efficacy. It's so many things, that should be so simple, but somehow have become so over complicated thus we now have a huge, over glutinous range of options that none of them seem to satisfy more than one or two specific requirements, or excel at anything that doesn't create a more negative side effect, resulting in a van loaded with £300 worth of brushes to deal with what one, maybe two at most, well designed brushes could easily achieve.
It should/could almost be as simple as 'sweeping glass' but the industry seems determined to bow to a minority and solve problems that don't exist. Instead of moving forward in a more positive, effective direction.
Rant over!😎👌🙂
Comfortably Numb!

Splash & dash

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2022, 08:52:29 pm »

But it's not. It's getting spiders nests out of lower sash corners- where the upper sash runners prevent you from passing the stock further than 10mm over both sides. Xtremes fail miserably here. It's getting that top frame clean of any and all contamination where there's only a 10mm gap between it and the brick, stone timber frame. It's getting into the side sash runners to remove all the spiders, webs, flies etc.  It's the 'effective' coverage of a given brush to determine how many passes are required per any given situation. It's the 'wet' weight of the brush which will determine the compromise between ease of use and efficacy. It's so many things, that should be so simple, but somehow have become so over complicated thus we now have a huge, over glutinous range of options that none of them seem to satisfy more than one or two specific requirements, or excel at anything that doesn't create a more negative side effect, resulting in a van loaded with £300 worth of brushes to deal with what one, maybe two at most, well designed brushes could easily achieve.
It should/could almost be as simple as 'sweeping glass' but the industry seems determined to bow to a minority and solve problems that don't exist. Instead of moving forward in a more positive, effective direction.
Rant over!😎👌🙂

We use supreme stiff brushes and hot water for everything no other brushes are needed they do every well .

robert mitchell

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2022, 06:15:01 pm »
Alex Gardiner

Hi Robert

There would not really be the demand for two Xtreme Sill stiff brushes (current semi-stiff and a new stiff). So we would have to decide if enough users would prefer a full stiff version rather than the current one that is just 'fairly stiff'.

Once we decided which was most in demand it would be very easy to produce these in full stiff version. The difficult bit is deciding if all the current users would also prefer a full stiff version or if this was not wanted.

How many would you need to produce for it to be worthwhile?   I think where the extreme has less bristles , a fully stiff version with hot water works really well in the summer , The fully stiff ultiimate i had was brilliant but prefer a lighter brush .

robert mitchell

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2022, 06:16:04 pm »
Fully stiff brushes don’t clean as well as the medium even with hot water in my experience,I wouldn’t use a stiff brush at all if I was using cold water the results can be an eye opener up close if you go inside and clean the insides.
The thing I find them good for is cleaning in the small cracks and crevices on PVC windows.

I thought your water came out a t a million degrees centigrade ?  you dont half talk some crap.

robert mitchell

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2022, 06:17:04 pm »
Don’t change anything!
For people like me who don’t boil their brushes the flocked sill is nearly perfect for everyday work whilst the stiffer versions are great for more demanding jobs.

Im not asking him to stop selling what he sells already.

robert mitchell

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2022, 06:19:08 pm »
Lol 10 I think you need to have another think about that and call it 500-1000 for it to be worth a production run.

The tooling will be the same , its just loading a different roll of bristle material onto the machine , could easily be done at the end of a run , they already must do it to add the red bristles to an extreme stiff sill brush ..............like i said , you really do talk some crap.

dazmond

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2022, 07:40:08 pm »
Don’t change anything!

Im not asking him to stop selling what he sells already.

I agree with splash and dash that the supreme stiff is the best with very hot water but it would be great if the stiff xtreme was made of the same bristles because the current one goes out of shape too easily with very hot water.....
price higher/work harder!

robert mitchell

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2022, 07:50:30 pm »
I think you will find it costs a lot to alter the  tooling, and would  need  a lot more than 10 brushes to make it viable 😂😂

The tooling will be the same , its just loading a different spool of bristle material on .

NWH

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2022, 09:09:01 pm »
It’s so easy you should start making em yourself m8 you just need a tool you say lol.