Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spruce

Re: Most annoying thing about a customer.
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2019, 08:33:40 am »
Time to expand on the annoying subject posts but how about annoying customers?

I hate it when its chucking it down and the customer keeps you talking about all sorts and won't shut up while they are stood inside their doorway in the dry whilst I am getting soaked stood listening  ;D

I've enjoyed reading some of the posts on this thread. Thanks.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Johnny B

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2019, 07:47:01 am »
I get a bit flouncy when the customer is drinking or making tea and not offering me one!

John

I had a customer once (a man of the cloth as well) whos gardiner was busy at the bottom of the garden , he opened the downstairs window and shouted out to him "do you want a cup of tea?" The gardiner couldnt hear him so he asked me to go ask him which i duely did.  "he says yes please" said i ,to which he promptly made him a cuppa, bought it out to him without offering me one. !! I was speechless.

Wow! If that had been me I think I would have had a Gold flounce moment!

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Spruce

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2019, 08:20:52 am »
The non professional cleaning customer who insists youve done a bad job because they have just cleaned their inside windows and it cant possibly be their fault! 
Then you turn up and wow, you know what,,,,,,,,,,,,oh look at that the professional cleaner isnt at fault and its on the inside........fancy that!

I had this last week! New build house full of stickers and sticker residue-

‘ Hi Shrek,
Thanks for coming to do the windows today.
The frames and the sills of the upstairs windows are still a bit dirty, not sure if this is because it’s the first time they’ve been done??
Also, there are two windows upstairs on the side of the house that don’t look like they’ve been done as their frames are much dirtier than the others, they are accessed by a path down the back of the house?
Like I say not sure if it’s because they were particularly dirty before as it’s the first time we’ve had them done but thought I’d mention it?
Thanks 😊’

I went back round straight away as I was round the corner from her, got my ladders out checking every single window.
Txt her back saying they are full of stickers and the builders haven’t finished the job, she needs to contact the building company and get them back. She txt bk ok no problem.
Later that night I got another txt -

‘ Did you re do any at the back when you came back?
Only reason I ask is one side of the patio door looks streaky now...’
(Picture attached to txt)

I thought that’s strange because iv never left windows like that , apologised and said I’d be back first thing.
Got there at 8:30am and they’re still in bed  ;D , looked at the window and it’s bloody clean! Ask her to open the patio door , got a cloth out and started wiping all the dirt from the inside  ::)roll .

My lighthearted response with a smile on my face to this is;

If I could clean the inside glass from outside I wouldn't be a window cleaner.  I would have been working for NASA and been on a good pension by now.

dazmond

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2019, 09:42:24 pm »
the most annoying thing about a customer is when they say "ill pay you right now by BACS no problem Darren!".......a week goes by and they still havent paid you ........ ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

Spruce

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2019, 08:01:25 am »
the most annoying thing about a customer is when they say "ill pay you right now by BACS no problem Darren!".......a week goes by and they still havent paid you ........ ::)roll

Or when you go to the door, they give all the signs of transferring money across on their phone. "Yes, I've done it,"  but it never arrives.  When you chase them up again they never query that they have already paid you.