Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Jester of Wibbly

Most annoying thing about a customer.
« on: October 05, 2019, 02:30:41 pm »
Time to expand on the annoying subject posts but how about annoying customers?

I hate it when its chucking it down and the customer keeps you talking about all sorts and won't shut up while they are stood inside their doorway in the dry whilst I am getting soaked stood listening  ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

Cookie

Re: Most annoying thing about a customer.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 03:10:14 pm »
Following you around and talking to you whilst you're cleaning the windows.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 05:22:56 pm »
Following you around and talking to you whilst you're cleaning the windows.

I clean a large house where the customer virtually follows me around  to every window(90 min job)and 9 times out of 10 insists on playing the piano for me(badly)too.... ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

david mark

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 05:28:39 pm »
You could show him how to play the drums over a cup of tea

Plankton

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 05:39:43 pm »
Maybe they want to see your instrument Daz

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 05:47:07 pm »
Clean in the rain.   Bet they won't follow you around in that case.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2019, 07:25:17 pm »
You could show him how to play the drums over a cup of tea

It's a lonely older woman who's husband works away in Dubai for months at a time!no thanks!😂

richard connett

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2019, 07:32:12 pm »
The ones that keep you chatting on the doorstep while they tell you about their new artificial hip or some other ailment whilst at the same time waving your £20 around. I just feel like snatching it and saying see you in 6 weeks !!

mac74

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2019, 11:22:12 pm »
Coming up to you whilst you are struggling with the pole on a high window, saying can i pay u now, with their money out and wanting change. The next time i have my exhaust done, im going to rush under the ramp and say there u go mate, its the £373 quid i owe u, whilst he is got his hands full, and covered in sh*t.

nathankaye

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2019, 11:28:22 pm »
The non professional cleaning customer who insists youve done a bad job because they have just cleaned their inside windows and it cant possibly be their fault! 
Then you turn up and wow, you know what,,,,,,,,,,,,oh look at that the professional cleaner isnt at fault and its on the inside........fancy that! 
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

mac74

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2019, 11:47:09 pm »
The non professional cleaning customer who insists youve done a bad job because they have just cleaned their inside windows and it cant possibly be their fault! 
Then you turn up and wow, you know what,,,,,,,,,,,,oh look at that the professional cleaner isnt at fault and its on the inside........fancy that!
Yep, ive had that too

Shrek

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2019, 05:48:51 am »

I had this last week! New build house full of stickers and sticker residue-

‘ Hi Shrek,
Thanks for coming to do the windows today.
The frames and the sills of the upstairs windows are still a bit dirty, not sure if this is because it’s the first time they’ve been done??
Also, there are two windows upstairs on the side of the house that don’t look like they’ve been done as their frames are much dirtier than the others, they are accessed by a path down the back of the house?
Like I say not sure if it’s because they were particularly dirty before as it’s the first time we’ve had them done but thought I’d mention it?
Thanks 😊’

I went back round straight away as I was round the corner from her, got my ladders out checking every single window.
Txt her back saying they are full of stickers and the builders haven’t finished the job, she needs to contact the building company and get them back. She txt bk ok no problem.
Later that night I got another txt -

‘ Did you re do any at the back when you came back?
Only reason I ask is one side of the patio door looks streaky now...’
(Picture attached to txt)

I thought that’s strange because iv never left windows like that , apologised and said I’d be back first thing.
Got there at 8:30am and they’re still in bed  ;D , looked at the window and it’s bloody clean! Ask her to open the patio door , got a cloth out and started wiping all the dirt from the inside  ::)roll .

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2019, 08:40:17 am »
Did she apologise profusely?I hope so.......you'll find you wont here a peep off her in future now...... ;)

Shrek

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2019, 08:49:23 am »
Did she apologise profusely?I hope so.......you'll find you wont here a peep off her in future now...... ;)

No apology  ::)roll just a txt later that night to say she’s paid . I hope your right  ;D

JackieW

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2019, 10:43:23 am »
Not annoying just amusing,  customers who close the top openers after I've cleaned them.

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2019, 10:48:40 am »

No apology  ::)roll just a txt later that night to say she’s paid . I hope your right  ;D

No apology then I wouldn't be going back ever again...decent customers would apologise and be embarrassed that you had to go out of your way to call round again when it was clearly her mistake......

I've never NOT had a customer apologise for calling me out for their mistake......

Plankton

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2019, 11:37:11 am »
This came in yesterday at 1930

Hi Alan,

My daughter, xxx and her partner xxx , have just moved up to xxx and they're looking for a Window Cleaner.
Also, she thinks it was possibly you she used in her previous flat at XXX and that she may even have an outstanding bill with you as she struggled to contact you.

Can you confirm OK to take them on as customers?

Thanks

I'm thinking are you drunk! Seriously they've owed two payments for over a cooking year! They had notes and invoices through the door with probably enough details to defraud me but somehow they've struggled to contact me  ??? FFS I'm ten minutes walk from them or at least was, the parent on the other hand always pays but I'm tempted to tell them where to go after sending that on a Saturday night.
What they expecting? For me to say oh that's alright, I'll clean the windows on their new house and maybe I'll get paid before 2021  ::)roll

SB Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2019, 11:44:41 am »
The ones who cant make a decent cup of tea.

robbo333

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2019, 12:16:22 pm »
The ones, who after the first clean, decide they are not happy leaving the side gate unlocked after all!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

kikjason

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2019, 06:31:30 pm »
One of my favourites is.. Coming out of there house and saying morning.. Then driving off without paying you😁the other one is the do you want a drink then takeing about 20 mins to make it