Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Plankton

Re: Customer says we broke his WiFi!
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2019, 04:31:19 pm »
I've glanced over this but not seen any IP rating mentioned for this outside electronic device!
So for me I'd say it shouldn't even be a concern if I were cleaning the windows (but if you have some dunder heed working for you then there's every possiblity). Then if they persist I'd ask the question of the IP rating. Think about your wfp control, it should be able to work in the environment it's to be used! If they have fitted an internal device outside then it won't be fit for purpose end of.
If it has the appropriate IP rating then it's not been fitted properly or it's faulty, again end of!
Were you pressure washing the guys fecking house? No you where cleaning the windows and only the fecking windows with a little 12v water pump.

Slacky

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2019, 06:08:58 pm »
A new customer?

New to WFP might mean you get accused of pressure washing the windows before long, which is why the WiFi box leaked, from this customer.

Smudger

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2019, 07:55:30 pm »
I would generally be in the repair/replace camp, however in this situation I wouldn't be paying out - 3 weeks ago?  heavy rain in between - new customer - no chance - as Crystal pointed out its a good chance that they really would prefer to cancel

for a peaceful resolution and to see if they actually want windows cleaned  - don't offer to pay for repairs but you could offer a credit so if the repairs are £50 then the net clean is carried out FOC then a half price clean - but they must provide you with a full vat invoice ( for your accounts ) and see if they take that up

the box should be totally watertight so I very much doubt it has water in it ( unless damaged ) - and even less likely from you

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2019, 10:08:40 am »
I would get paid and dump them.

I'd they refuse to pay then hey ho and move on poop happens.

stuartb

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2019, 09:30:17 pm »
Don’t see how they can blame you for that. It should should be weather/water proof if it’s out side your house. And, if they knew it might not be water proof they shouldn’t have agreed to you cleaning the windows near it with a pole that sprays water. It’s not your fault, the WiFi device could have been placed anywhere other than beneath the soffits in which case it would have been soaked anyway. Who ever fitted it clearly thought they’d tuck it under the soffits...morons!

It’s not your fault

johnny bravo

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2019, 08:07:30 pm »
if you pay for new wifi box   he will then dump you after that.         he might just be trying it on.     ask him for wifi password to see if you can pick it up via phone.

Spruce

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2019, 08:39:35 pm »
if you pay for new wifi box   he will then dump you after that.         he might just be trying it on.     ask him for wifi password to see if you can pick it up via phone.

I like that one.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2019, 08:49:23 pm »
i haven't heard anything back off him since my email on Friday. i expect i will in time though
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

RPCCS

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2019, 05:14:02 pm »
If you pay for this, it takes you an easy target for anything else that goes wrong ,or gets broken, as someone else has already suggested. Don't pay up.
Cheers Rich