Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Re: OMG the spiders..
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2019, 09:27:41 pm »
You need to get out more  ;D ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2019, 09:28:59 pm »
I will try it though as I scrub like a loon and they don’t budge  ???
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Pete Thompson

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2019, 01:04:05 am »
I live in a rural area, surrounded by fields, farms forests etc. Spiders are a problem all year round.
They get worse in the late summer-early autumn.

The spiders themselves are not too much of a problem, as soon as you wet the window they start abseiling out of the way. Webs too, are easy to deal with.

It’s the spider nests that are the worst, right in the corner of windows and stuck like superglue. Hot water really helps, along with a brisk side-to-side motion with the brush.

My technique is this: clean the frames first, the spider webs will get on the brush, but can easily be brushed off in one clump by just rubbing the brush against the wall. That works best with rendered walls.

Wash the frames, the glass, and the sills. If spiders are anywhere else, then they are left where they are. As someone else rightly said, we’re not in the pest control business.

The worst type of houses for spiders are those with rendered walls and wooden frames.

I’ve no idea why rendered walls seem to attract spiders, maybe their little legs can walk over them more easily. No idea!

But my most important tip is to price them in. It takes extra time dealing with spider webs, make sure to account for them when quoting.

Ooooooog

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2019, 08:39:33 am »
With spider nests in corner, I just use my finger.

Slacky

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2019, 09:16:35 am »
Does anyone find when scrubbing the webs off the glass that the lighter you scrub the easier it comes off

Yes, just a flick is all most need.

mufcglen

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2019, 09:27:11 am »

I do that sometimes when the brush can’t quite dig them out but do you find they pop sometimes when you press them with your finger😂😂

Spotfree

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2019, 10:24:47 am »
A microfibre cloth wiped over a web that's stuck on glass takes it off effortlessly on the first pass.

I can scrub the same web for minutes with any brush you like, natural fibre, hog hair, DuPont its all the same.

All brushes are limited to their abilities.

I find the microfibre on the wagtail high flyer to be the best I've ever used, it's such a shame we can't have a brush with some kind of microfibre incorporated into it. A bit like the reach it constructor with all the add ins but more practical for every day use and suited to the uk market. Now that would be an ultimate brush.

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2019, 11:36:11 am »
Look at my lovely silky hair, you wont get bald cleaning windows

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2019, 12:05:03 pm »
A microfibre cloth wiped over a web that's stuck on glass takes it off effortlessly on the first pass.

I can scrub the same web for minutes with any brush you like, natural fibre, hog hair, DuPont its all the same.

I find the microfibre on the wagtail high flyer to be the best I've ever used, it's such a shame we can't have a brush with some kind of microfibre incorporated into it. A bit like the reach it constructor with all the add ins but more practical for every day use and suited to the uk market. Now that would be an ultimate brush.

i think the quicker you move over to hot water cleaning the better mate......itll help your cleaning for sure....
price higher/work harder!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2019, 12:12:17 pm »

i think the quicker you move over to hot water cleaning the better mate......itll help your cleaning for sure....

You can hear the spiders scream with the hot water torture.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

colin bird

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2019, 05:21:38 am »
I'm in West Sussex,there  appears to be more spiders this year than I can remember in previous years

SB Cleaning

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2019, 12:32:21 pm »

will it fooook ;D

Spotfree

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2019, 08:05:13 pm »

Go Go gadet arms??