Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Plankton

Re: The cost of window rounds
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2019, 08:58:28 pm »
The loan is the expense not just the interest.

Ste M

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2019, 08:58:55 pm »
So effectively nearly all of you are saying your business is worth nothing or next to nothing?

No way would i just let my work go nor would I sell it for a pittance, Ive top quality compact work priced right. If I was selling, I'm never going to by the way, then I'd want top money. However i would also expect the new person to lose some of them, say 10%, so would also take this into consideration.

I won't sell though cos my youngest son wants to take it over when he's older and i cant think of anything better than setting my son up in a well established business

Plankton

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2019, 09:03:57 pm »
It's reality! You can put whatever bs value on your business but at the end of the day it's only worth what people are willing to pay for it.

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2019, 08:49:49 am »
I've taken on hundreds this year and it's a pita to change them over from trad, drop out rate was huge due to the last company neglecting the run and being constantly late ie 3 monthly! I'm running it four weekly and they hit out with the this time already patter ::)roll
I'm looking to do it again but for me the price will have to be lower than the average going rate due to the headache involved.

mines all WFP and im usually bang on time whether its 4 weekly/8weekly,etc.... ;D...also most of my work is within a 2 mile affluent area(over 300 jobs) built up over 26 years.....
price higher/work harder!

Scrimble

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2019, 04:11:27 pm »
It's reality! You can put whatever bs value on your business but at the end of the day it's only worth what people are willing to pay for it.

Your not buying a business though, just a list of customers or at the very least basically a job. not all window cleaning rounds are the same though, some are literally worthless

for a list of a few hundred under priced customers average price £10, pay when they feel like is cash/cheque/bacs cleaned by john smith the window cleaner I would pay zero

the only way a window cleaning round is going to be worth 10x + or classed as a business is if it has a fleet of vans, a unit, a office, admin staff/office manage, thousands of customers signed up to gocardless and a team of cleaners where the person buying becomes the boss

NWH

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2019, 05:16:06 pm »
Built up since 1963 you can have it for 3 times the monthly 😂 or I could always just give it away,anybody with any sense would pay very good money but then again like what I said on another thread some people still don’t look at window cleaning as a proper business.