Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Crystal-clear

Whats your Last leaflet drop month
« on: August 21, 2019, 09:14:55 pm »
If you're are into leaflet distribution when would you consider doing the last drop of the year?

zesty

Re: Whats your Last leaflet drop month
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 08:03:09 am »
If you're are into leaflet distribution when would you consider doing the last drop of the year?

Never!

Canvassing gains far more customers for the effort given...

robbo333

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 09:26:13 am »
Keep going until the response rate drops off.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 12:18:53 pm »
We don’t  use flyers complete waist of time , look at how many Lee Pryor has posted millions of them , very poor return rate , good website and door knocking , once you are well  established work comes to you via  recommendation, and being seen in the community with sign written vans and uniformed staff  , we have never had the need to do anything more  than that ,in fact we turn away more work than we take on , Ime trying to cut back not expand , 3 vans is enough for  me , and hopefully in the next couple of years I will be getting rid of 2 and going back to just one .

Dry Clean

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 12:49:48 pm »
It all depends on the area, we get bombarded by flyers and people are fed up with them,  I have family members that work for Royal mail who have to take all sorts of complaints/abuse for delivering them.

Mick Kent

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 05:54:05 pm »
Im not against leaflet drops but what is the actual point of having a job here and a job there?
With a canvassing plan in place you can get compact work where you can do 5/6 jobs from 1 spot. 1 in 20 instead of 1 in 1000
We only really hit terrace and semi houses but all my work i have built up canvassing has between 4 and 30 jobs from 1 spot without the need to reel in and up and go every clean, some days van’s just stay in 1/2 position’s all day. Compact canvassed work you can clean in a few hours what a leafleted round can in a full day.. 20 compact jobs with less than 4 van moves vs 20 jobs with 15/20 van moves(will maybe get a few neighbours when working).
Canvassing is king if you want a close compact empire and have time on your hands to go out in the evenings and do it which will get you a nice slice of the cake.
Leaflets is 2nd best if you have no time on your hands or don't like rejection from canvassing. Just means you wont get a compact slice of the cake instead will be just crumbs.

Lee has proved you can build an empire with leaflets but my god he has to cover the whole of the SE for just 12 rounds! Not knocking him at all as wow a million a year turnover! Amaizing. But if canvassed and not leafleted  he could have all his work  much closer to base, I could build 12 full rounds within a 5/7mile radius canvassing id have to leaflet millions within 75 miles to do the same. I have 3 rounds all within 15 mins from home, in fact i see Lee’s van round Dartford/Crayford quite a few times which is near me, i wouldn't dream of wanting to have vans going all the way to Gatwick area (45 miles away) just to do domestics.
Another great way is facebook local pages, again wont be compact lie canvassing but it does get all the work in the town your targeting, just be aware of so many messers and penny pinchers that create a headache hence i don't aim for fb work anymore.

Shrek

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 06:11:38 pm »
I think lee needs to employ you Mick !

Lee Pryor

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 06:37:41 pm »
September.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

richard connett

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2019, 09:54:58 am »
We don’t  use flyers complete waist of time , look at how many Lee Pryor has posted millions of them , very poor return rate , good website and door knocking , once you are well  established work comes to you via  recommendation, and being seen in the community with sign written vans and uniformed staff  , we have never had the need to do anything more  than that ,in fact we turn away more work than we take on , Ime trying to cut back not expand , 3 vans is enough for  me , and hopefully in the next couple of years I will be getting rid of 2 and going back to just one .
Just out of interest mate why are you wanting to go down to one van again?  Wouldn't three be a nice manageable number . Only asking because I want to go from 2 to 3

Lee Pryor

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2019, 12:06:49 pm »
Just out of interest mate why are you wanting to go down to one van again?  Wouldn't three be a nice manageable number . Only asking because I want to go from 2 to 3

The only reason for this is that their business model doe snt work, they dont know how to make it work and because of that they are stressed and actually not earning any more than they would as a single person. so they want to go back to that. Blunt but true. What other reason could there possibly be. Doenst like money? Preferes graffting every day? Likes to not be paid when on holiday?

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2019, 09:30:56 pm »

I am currently working 5 days a week on the tools and quoting jobs evenings and weekends, doing paper work , and sorting out new kit , repairing stuff , maintaining stuff , etc and so the list goes on with three vans it’s obviously more work than one and I want to be slowing down after 20 years not building a bigger buisness , I could easily expand and double the size if I wanted to I currently turn away  90% of enquires as we are just to busy . The next step would be me being permanently office based and I hate that , so I have decided to down size in the next couple of years I have someone interested in taking over some of our work , and a couple of my guys are keen to take on some and start there own rounds .

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2019, 09:46:22 pm »

The only reason for this is that their business model doe snt work, they dont know how to make it work and because of that they are stressed and actually not earning any more than they would as a single person. so they want to go back to that. Blunt but true. What other reason could there possibly be. Doenst like money? Preferes graffting every day? Likes to not be paid when on holiday?

Just beacause you live to work and earn money we arnt all motivated by that Lee , my buisness plan does work my advertising budget is zero I don’t need to advertise apart from the website we are that busy ,I could easily double and go straight to six vans I turn away 90% of all enquiries all Ime interested in taking on now is medium to large commercial , we get huge numbers of domestic enquires most are turned away
I already have the car and house 😂😂😂 nothing to prove or improve on there Ime afrade . I don’t want the hassle of having managers ,or staff in  an office like you do , so I do all that side myself , and after 20 years I want to slow down what’s wrong with that ???? I have more holidays per year than most , and want for nothing but don’t go shouting about it or rubbing peoples noses in it that doesn’t mean Ime not successful, but it’s just work there is far more to life than cleaning windows , and I certainly would not move back In with parents and sell the home to further a buisness, but that’s just me ,what you choose to do is up to you but please don’t judge me by your standards . 

KS Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2019, 10:24:15 pm »

Just beacause you live to work and earn money we arnt all motivated by that Lee , my buisness plan does work my advertising budget is zero I don’t need to advertise apart from the website we are that busy ,I could easily double and go straight to six vans I turn away 90% of all enquiries all Ime interested in taking on now is medium to large commercial , we get huge numbers of domestic enquires most are turned away
I already have the car and house 😂😂😂 nothing to prove or improve on there Ime afrade . I don’t want the hassle of having managers ,or staff in  an office like you do , so I do all that side myself , and after 20 years I want to slow down what’s wrong with that ???? I have more holidays per year than most , and want for nothing but don’t go shouting about it or rubbing peoples noses in it that doesn’t mean Ime not successful, but it’s just work there is far more to life than cleaning windows , and I certainly would not move back In with parents and sell the home to further a buisness, but that’s just me ,what you choose to do is up to you but please don’t judge me by your standards .
Well said Splash n dash👏👏👏👏👏

Crystal-clear

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2019, 10:49:02 pm »
From asking when's your last leaflet drop to now this  ;D

Crystal-clear

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2019, 11:05:24 pm »
Fair play to splash and Lee both for achieving your goals..
Splash love the commercial only stance aiming most profitable and when they have you on system they're are easy going mostly too.

Dry Clean

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2019, 10:32:27 am »

Anybody with even the slighest business sense can see that Lee has built a house of cards, I suspect his reply is down to this, in other words with all the effort time and money Iv put in if I cant make a decent worthwhile profit then nobody can.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2019, 11:29:27 am »
Oh god this is pure gold!

Dry clean - a one man band that hides behind his keyboard with a fake name, telling me, one of only a few in the entire country to achieve a million a year in the residential market that I built a house of cards and that he has business sense and Idont. You cant make this up!

Dry clean, come on reveal yourself, this has gone on long enough with you! your name, location, business name, website..... Lets all see what you have achieved before you start telling others they built a house of cards and have no business sense. Until then your just another petty small coward on a faceless forum.

Knocker

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2019, 12:12:06 pm »
Lee, why do you let these people wind you up?

As you have said they hide behind fake user names, for all you know they may not even be window cleaners.

Dry Clean

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2019, 12:46:37 pm »
Oh god this is pure gold!

Dry clean - a one man band that hides behind his keyboard with a fake name, telling me, one of only a few in the entire country to achieve a million a year in the residential market that I built a house of cards and that he has business sense and Idont. You cant make this up!

Dry clean, come on reveal yourself, this has gone on long enough with you! your name, location, business name, website..... Lets all see what you have achieved before you start telling others they built a house of cards and have no business sense. Until then your just another petty small coward on a faceless forum.

Stop crying Lee, Iv already proved that your business was a house of cards when your video showed charts of your 10 guys doing £65k  a month, off course you then went into hiding moved the goal posts and now have 12 doing one million, that said even that doesn't go far enough to pay 14 wage packets VAT and all the other expenses on your latest video.

Splash & dash

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2019, 12:48:52 pm »
Lee, why do you let these people wind you up?

As you have said they hide behind fake user names, for all you know they may not even be window cleaners.

Says a guy called knocker !,