Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Re: So I thought I would work today
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2019, 08:25:07 am »
I don't see why more of you lot dont work on Bank Holidays and why it's such a taboo with you guys.  I take holidays when i want to take holidays.  Not because im told i have to because every other poor sod is going to take it off aswell and that we "shouldn't" be out working on such a day.

Nonsense.  All customers were notified day before.  2 Customers asked to be done on a different day on this occasion.  No problem.  Did just short of £500 on Monday on domestics.  Also picked up 3 new customers in areas where usually i don't see anyone about but everyone and their nan was at home so signed up some easy walk ups.  Nobody complained, even got offered drinks off customers who usually dont make the effort with us.

Benefit of working on Bank Holiday Monday?  Well i'm taking this friday off now because all our work will be done for the month.  Oh then im off for 9 days straight, as we have worked like stink in August  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think working bank holidays or weekends Or even school holidays for that matter is just not a great experience for the window cleaner or the customer.

As I experienced, people are generally in bed first thing, which makes you feel awkward and the customer probably do not appreciate being woke up.

Then you have the issue of lots of people being in which means lots of cars in the way and I didn't know about you but I prefer people being out.

Then there's the kids either in the gardens or just as bad following you round the windows and pulling faces etc inside, questioning you and generally getting in the way.

Walking into a back garden full of people or kids, swimming pools etc, can't move for stuff and feeling peoples eyes burning into you.

I like to people to be out, it's faster and less stressful, it I never saw or spoke to a customer I would be in heaven.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2019, 08:30:44 am »
I don't generally work bank holidays but I would if it suited me on occasion. Why make a rule where one isn't necessary?

E.g. last year an external commercial custy asked if I could do a full internal with glass partitions and glass lift shaft on a Saturday when they had a skeleton staff in. I said no but I could do it for the same price on the Bank holiday Monday the week after (as I knew my daughter was around and wanted paid work.) They gave me the codes to get in and let me get on with it.

Worked out well for me as it was £420 for the job which we did in 6 hours. Gave her £120 which she was happy with.

It's a game of three halves!

P @ F

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2019, 08:34:31 am »
Shouldn’t she have had £210  ?
Women are equal are they not  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dazmond

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2019, 04:47:43 pm »
I don't generally work bank holidays but I would if it suited me on occasion. Why make a rule where one isn't necessary?

E.g. last year an external commercial custy asked if I could do a full internal with glass partitions and glass lift shaft on a Saturday when they had a skeleton staff in. I said no but I could do it for the same price on the Bank holiday Monday the week after (as I knew my daughter was around and wanted paid work.) They gave me the codes to get in and let me get on with it.

Worked out well for me as it was £420 for the job which we did in 6 hours. Gave her £120 which she was happy with.

im on about regular domestic houses...not commercial.....thats different.....ive worked on good friday before now on commercial jobs
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2019, 05:01:31 pm »
Yeh 10am would have been a better time to start.

However it seems a bit pointless starting at that time as you've wasted half the day so best policy is to just to not work them I think.

why is it a waste starting at 10am?i often start at 930am-10am........and work til around 3pm-4pm...thats a full day for me these days... ;D

Because if I wake at 7 I'm just going to be day there till 10 twiddling my thumbs

I'd rather be out at 8 or so and home for 2 then time to do something else with the day.

If I'm not rolling in whilst 4 PM by the time I've got van and custs sorted and had something to eat etc it's too late to do anything.

I never start later than 9 if I'm not out by 9 I'm not going out

seems a strange attitude to have......each to their own..... ;D

seems logical to me  ;D

Get out
Get done
Get home

gas man called early this morning to service my boiler  then i went for my haircut(barbers are never busy at 915am on wednesdays)......

worked 10am-330pm,30 mins for lunch.........still hit my target for the day despite it raining virtually the whole time i was out... ::)roll ;D

JandS

« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2019, 07:05:36 pm »
I always work Good Fridays.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Stoots

« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2019, 07:38:23 pm »

However it seems a bit pointless starting at that time as you've wasted half the day so best policy is to just to not work them I think.

why is it a waste starting at 10am?i often start at 930am-10am........and work til around 3pm-4pm...thats a full day for me these days... ;D

Because if I wake at 7 I'm just going to be day there till 10 twiddling my thumbs

I'd rather be out at 8 or so and home for 2 then time to do something else with the day.

If I'm not rolling in whilst 4 PM by the time I've got van and custs sorted and had something to eat etc it's too late to do anything.

seems logical to me  ;D

Get out
Get done
Get home

gas man called early this morning to service my boiler  then i went for my haircut(barbers are never busy at 915am on wednesdays)......

worked 10am-330pm,30 mins for lunch.........still hit my target for the day despite it raining virtually the whole time i was out... ::)roll ;D

I would have done the haircut after work instead.

Couldn't go do something like that and then start work it's just all wrong!

Get work out of the way then free to do what you want.

I work 8:30 - 2:30 generally

Shrek

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2019, 08:56:46 pm »
I never work bank holidays, I just start earlier and finish later throughout the month to cover the day off

dazmond

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2019, 08:04:41 am »

seems logical to me  ;D

Get out
Get done
Get home

I would have done the haircut after work instead.

Couldn't go do something like that and then start work it's just all wrong!

Get work out of the way then free to do what you want.

I work 8:30 - 2:30 generally

i love going to work after a haircut,i feel smart,fresh and clean..... ;D