Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TomCrowther

Hot water again
« on: August 11, 2019, 08:49:49 pm »
I know, I know. It's been asked before but do the users of professionally fitted hot water systems really believe it cleans more efficiently than cold water and aside from the supple hoses in winter are there any other benefits?
Also, aside from the cost are there any other negatives?
Cheers

Jonny 87

Re: Hot water again
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 09:00:37 pm »
I love mine.

It’s a grippatank 9kw unit and gives piping hot water. (Nearly too hot)

I use it all day every day, even in the hot weather.

The benefits are for me as I see it;

-Hoses are a doddle to manage.
-Deeper cleaning of glass and frames.
- speed and efficiency ( probably one or two houses a day)

I know many say that there’s no quality difference between hot and cold, but I definitely feel
There is.

After 6 months or so of using HOT water, you will see and feel windows becoming easier to clean. It’s like over time you are really giving them a deep clean. The first 3 or 4 cleans with hot  I noticed I was getting spotting issues, it must be the hot water dissolving more dirt from the seals etc than before. But then after a few cleans, you can just fly through work.

(Let the comments that I’m wrong commence.)

;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 09:20:20 pm »
Why else would they spend all that money on a system if it doesn't work........ Is the most simplest, non waffle answer I have 😁
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

TomCrowther

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 09:32:06 pm »
I love mine.

It’s a grippatank 9kw unit and gives piping hot water. (Nearly too hot)

I use it all day every day, even in the hot weather.

The benefits are for me as I see it;

-Hoses are a doddle to manage.
-Deeper cleaning of glass and frames.
- speed and efficiency ( probably one or two houses a day)

I know many say that there’s no quality difference between hot and cold, but I definitely feel
There is.

After 6 months or so of using HOT water, you will see and feel windows becoming easier to clean. It’s like over time you are really giving them a deep clean. The first 3 or 4 cleans with hot  I noticed I was getting spotting issues, it must be the hot water dissolving more dirt from the seals etc than before. But then after a few cleans, you can just fly through work.

(Let the comments that I’m wrong commence.)

;D
Cheers, appreciate the reply.
I do quite a lot of facias/soffit cleans, a few conny roofs each month and a number of commercial jobs which are either every two months or quarterly.
I think these are the jobs I want hot for, not really the day to day maintenance cleans.
One option is to fill with hot water on the morning when the other jobs are due but, when reading previous posts, it seems this method doesn't provide water hot enough to make much of a difference.
I have also started thinking about a safer system such as Grippatank as I have a 3 year old {kid} who loves going out in the van rather than the truck as she sits in the front with me. So maybe the safety factor is the real driver?

SB Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 09:33:49 pm »
I used hot for a while , didn't notice any difference at all in the quality of clean nor speed of cleaning,  it did however make the hose nice and warm.

So if you want to spend thousands for a nice warm hose then go for it...I prefer just to spend a few quid on some gloves.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 09:54:02 pm »
YES!!!!!!!!

if I spent 4k on hot water i'd want to believe it worked as well

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 09:55:04 pm »
Why else would they spend all that money on a system if it doesn't work........ Is the most simplest, non waffle answer I have 😁
Why would somebody spend money on a parts per billion system or an additive ?  working has nothing to do with it.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2019, 11:27:30 pm »
cold water will do an adequate job,if your happy with that then stay cold.......but hot water is much nicer to work with and makes cleaning easier overall......i prefer hot water every day all year round.....

im not going to get in a stupid tit for tat spat with sean or anyone else......use cold or hot water....i really dont care what you use tbh anymore..... ;D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2019, 09:16:02 am »
I know, I know. It's been asked before but do the users of professionally fitted hot water systems really believe it cleans more efficiently than cold water and aside from the supple hoses in winter are there any other benefits?
Cheers

pros

1.less likely of doing a bad job when working fast(splashing and dashing)
2.supple warm hoses(easier for dragging around and reeling in)
3.easier cleaning(bird muck,snail trails,pollen,sea salt if you work on the coast)and of course dirty first cleans and add ons.
4.slightly faster than cold water cleaning
5. FROST STAT (no freezing hoses/pumps,etc in winter,no having to remember to put a heater in your van on cold nights)

cons
1.risk of cracking glass on badly fitted or damaged units(only happened once up to now)
2.brushes dont last as long(but the stiff ones last fairly well these days)
3.connections have to be double clipped usually and extra tight or hot water will find the slightest weakness in your system

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2019, 11:40:42 am »
I used hot for a while , didn't notice any difference at all in the quality of clean nor speed of cleaning,  it did however make the hose nice and warm.

So if you want to spend thousands for a nice warm hose then go for it...I prefer just to spend a few quid on some gloves.

Or spend less than a ton and fit an immersion...
It's a game of three halves!

NWH

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2019, 12:36:03 pm »
Hi Tom,
Is hot water better than cold well I think the answer to that is obvious tbh,it cleans everything much deeper so the comment about getting marks on the first clean or so are correct as it gets stuff off it hasn’t been able to before due to just cold water.
It’s cleans windows especially PVC a lot better they actually look cleaner after a couple of cleans,if you are doing cladding roofs and facias etc it’s a no brainier the difference in ease of cleaning and results are worlds apart and that’s without chemicals needed,
It’s coming into the time of year now that hot water really makes the difference imo,only you know if it’s worth the money I would say try one and see for yourself if you do any kind of coastal work hot systems are a must even if you are cleaning stuff every few weeks.

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2019, 01:08:56 pm »
Hi Tom,
Is hot water better than cold well I think the answer to that is obvious tbh,it cleans everything much deeper so the comment about getting marks on the first clean or so are correct as it gets stuff off it hasn’t been able to before due to just cold water.
It’s cleans windows especially PVC a lot better they actually look cleaner after a couple of cleans,if you are doing cladding roofs and facias etc it’s a no brainier the difference in ease of cleaning and results are worlds apart and that’s without chemicals needed,
It’s coming into the time of year now that hot water really makes the difference imo,only you know if it’s worth the money I would say try one and see for yourself if you do any kind of coastal work hot systems are a must even if you are cleaning stuff every few weeks.

much deeper than what ? - were cleaning upvc and glass - if you hadn't noticed they are hard surfaces - you can't go deeper than the surface unless your customers are using old jogging bottoms as gutters

;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

TomCrowther

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2019, 02:09:34 pm »
Cheers

pros

3.easier cleaning(bird muck,snail trails,pollen,sea salt if you work on the coast)and of course dirty first cleans and add ons.
5. FROST STAT (no freezing hoses/pumps,etc in winter,no having to remember to put a heater in your van on cold nights)

cons
1.risk of cracking glass on badly fitted or damaged units(only happened once up to now)
3.connections have to be double clipped usually and extra tight or hot water will find the slightest weakness in your system
Cheers Dazmond

Dry Clean

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2019, 02:55:21 pm »
Cheers

pros

cons
Cheers Dazmond

Cheers for what ? its simple, if you are spending a large amount of time struggling to get the crud of the glass then maybe you might be one of those unfortunate shiners who actually does need hot water, there's only one real con which is the amount of extra cleans/work you will need to do to cover the cost.

Dry Clean

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2019, 03:11:50 pm »
Iv used hot and for the reason Smudger has already given there's no difference to the finished clean, speed will be down to confidence, skill and other factors so its impossible to measure what part the hot is playing in this, for me any non essential expense has to either make my day easier or make me more money and using hot done neither.

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2019, 04:14:29 pm »
i must be one of them "unfortunate shiners" then...... ::)roll....i do less hours window cleaning than ive ever done,earn more now than i ever have in the past......ill settle for that..... :D 8).....

Smudger

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2019, 04:36:36 pm »
If you can find me a website (other than ionics) where it states warm/hot water cleans better than cold please link it - EVERY site I've looked at states hot cleans no better than cold - the introduction of hot water was for the use of detergent as detergents are now better formulated the water temp can be lowered (look at your washing machine 30 degree is standard now not the old fashioned boil wash)

Maybe if your using vision in your tank then hot will help as it may with tfr but the effect is minimal - great for soft hoses on cold days tho

Darran

NWH

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2019, 04:56:48 pm »
As Lee Pryor said on here before you won’t notice the same difference if you compare 30 degree water to cold water,if you use hot water over 55-60 degrees you will see a big difference,that temperature will be seen with a 5kw heater intermittently but with a 9kw heater it’s more or less constant at that temperature.
It’s not a competition lol if it was crap I wouldn’t bother to keep running it I’d turn it off and use it for wash downs or first cleans,like I say Tom try a hot system and see for yourself m8

Dry Clean

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2019, 05:45:03 pm »
i must be one of them "unfortunate shiners" then...... ::)roll....i do less hours window cleaning than ive ever done,earn more now than i ever have in the past......ill settle for that..... :D 8).....
So do I and I didn't have to waste £4k plus costs to do it, just like you its was looking for and seeing problems that didn't exist which held me back.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2019, 05:48:20 pm »
Why does it feel like deja vu... Again again again again  ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH