Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pauld

Buy or Purify My own Water
« on: June 12, 2019, 10:21:37 pm »
So I have been purifying My own water for a while now .
I was wondering Who makes there own water and Who Buys it ?
is it easier to just buy it ?
As I see businesses selling pure water starting up .

dazmond

Re: Buy or Purify My own Water
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 10:32:41 pm »
it just depends on your circumstances.......it takes me 25-30 mins to purify 500L of water for my next days work(DI only)with a tds of 20-30ppm straight out of my tap but if i had to use an RO(no room and im on a water meter)id buy it if there was a company near me offering it....
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 10:40:36 pm »
TDS here is 320 - I use unto 1500 litres a day so I make my own

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 11:10:17 pm »
I suppose it depends upon individual needs, so it's a hard question to answer.

If your using the larger RO's and filling into the van for next day, then it's not really a burden or an high expense to do so, compared to traveling and buying water.
However, if your producing pure using a RO and using a storage tank to later transfer the water, then this may become a "space/logistical" problem for some and the option to buy their water may be more of an easier compromise.

Or you could be a lucky @#@ like dazmond and have low tds and simply use DI or double DI, but I would imagine its more cost effective to produce your own, rather than buying.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Ooooooog

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 06:10:30 am »
Both. Working from home, we purify our own. When working away we buy it.
We’ve used Spotless in Coventry, Witney, Bracknell and Uxbridge this week.

pauld

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 07:15:47 pm »
Thanks for the replys . think I,ll stick to purifying My own.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 10:53:38 am »
In London it's useful because Living Space is very expensive particularly with garages Gardens ground floor properties.

zesty

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 01:57:35 pm »
My TDS is around 450-500ppm.

I buy off a good mate 5 mins away. So much easier for me as I don’t have a garage, and my garden isn’t that big, so having an IBC and 40 40 RO etc isn’t practical.

If I had a garage, I’d do it at home. Though I have to say, being able to just turn up and fill my 750l tank and be done with it is far less hassle!

David Beecroft

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 03:02:29 pm »
Out of interest, how much does everyone pay for water from one of these companies?

zesty

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 06:15:44 pm »
Only £15 for me for 750 litres.

It’d be a heck of a lot more if I was to buy from a ‘proper supplier’ rather than a mate

mufcglen

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 07:22:48 pm »
I used to double Di straight from tank through pump as I use it but found the bigger my round got the more water I used and even with a tap ppm of 75 I was using a bag mb115 every month and half so invested in a good 4040 setup using some of the best bits I could get and now fill up the tank in the van straight from the ro in the van, it produces about 2.5-3 litres a minute at 2-3ppm, I still put it through a Di just to polish it off to zero!
Just over a year and half using it and already its paid for itself in the bags of resin I’d of paid for so it stands me at nothing in theory until I next need to replace something like the axeon hf5 membrane.

David Beecroft

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2019, 12:21:18 pm »
Hi Glen, are you on a water meter? If so how does that cost fit into your calculations? Using R.O. system uses 3 times the amount of water I believe. ??

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2019, 12:59:48 pm »
I used to buy water a few years ago from the guy that set up spotless and it is much cheaper and far more convenient to make your own.

The price varies around the country from 2p - 5p +vat.
I use a 4040 and I am on a water meter in a very hard water area and it probally costs me around £7.00 -£10.00  for a 1000 litres.
 To  buy it from my local spotless would be £50.00.
Then factor in time some mornings  you can go to fill up and there may be 5 vans in front of you add that to the time travelling to the site and you could waste 30-45minutes a day.

mufcglen

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2019, 10:00:20 pm »
Hi Glen, are you on a water meter? If so how does that cost fit into your calculations? Using R.O. system uses 3 times the amount of water I believe. ??

Hi pal no I’m not on a meter, I’d of probably stayed just Di possibly as you do go through a fair bit of water purifying it, I have heard some guys have said they’ve ended up paying less using a meter though but can’t see it myself!!

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2019, 08:17:49 am »
I used to double Di straight from tank through pump as I use it but found the bigger my round got the more water I used and even with a tap ppm of 75 I was using a bag mb115 every month and half so invested in a good 4040 setup using some of the best bits I could get and now fill up the tank in the van straight from the ro in the van, it produces about 2.5-3 litres a minute at 2-3ppm, I still put it through a Di just to polish it off to zero!
Just over a year and half using it and already its paid for itself in the bags of resin I’d of paid for so it stands me at nothing in theory until I next need to replace something like the axeon hf5 membrane.

i last changed my resin on 25th jan......mb115......still going strong!although i will have to change it soon i expect.....im double DI at the moment but that will go back to a single vessel soon.....

my tap tds has actually gone down over the last few months,its used to be 30-35,now its  at 24,perfect for DI only.....

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 08:21:31 am »
one of my customers was complaining about his tap water yesterday so i tested it...264tds!and its only a 15 min drive from me!he noticed his shower screen was harder to clean because of the chalky deposits.....their supplying his water from bore holes now....... :(

Shrek

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2019, 08:36:13 am »
one of my customers was complaining about his tap water yesterday so i tested it...264tds!and its only a 15 min drive from me!he noticed his shower screen was harder to clean because of the chalky deposits.....their supplying his water from bore holes now....... :(

Why were you cleaning your customers shower  ???

zesty

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2019, 11:40:34 am »

264ppm would be a breeze for us here in Essex.

We had a new kitchen 4 weeks ago, already struggling with the hard water marks on the new Tap and Sink. It’s a right mare!

You should see our kettles round this way, it’s like looking at the inside of a cave with stalactite buildups!

p1w1

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2019, 01:03:43 pm »

264ppm would be a breeze for us here in Essex.

We had a new kitchen 4 weeks ago, already struggling with the hard water marks on the new Tap and Sink. It’s a right mare!

You should see our kettles round this way, it’s like looking at the inside of a cave with stalactite buildups!
Do you not use a water softener at home? they make a big difference.

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2019, 04:14:53 pm »

Why were you cleaning your customers shower  ???

err.....i wasnt!........where do i mention i was cleaning his shower?