Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard iSparkle

Gardiners 35cm sill brush
« on: June 18, 2019, 02:32:05 pm »
Hi,

has anyone used these?

are they OK as the standard 1 size fits all brush for domestics etc, or is it too wide on some standard house? we use the 26cm universal sill brush currently

thanks

R
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: Gardiners 35cm sill brush
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 02:38:59 pm »
Hi,

has anyone used these?

are they OK as the standard 1 size fits all brush for domestics etc, or is it too wide on some standard house? we use the 26cm universal sill brush currently

thanks

R

Yep.  Did not like it at all. 

Posted info on my thoughts a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=215488.0

However the 35 cm bursh is fine for all jobs as long as you use a swivel neck.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 04:28:50 pm »
Hi,

has anyone used these?

thanks

R

Yep.  Did not like it at all. 

Posted info on my thoughts a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=215488.0

However the 35 cm bursh is fine for all jobs as long as you use a swivel neck.

thanks. ive ordered a couple for our long poles to try them out. think the wide brushes might help on those awkward cleans.. i'll let you know.

we really like the universal 26cm brushes and have used them for a few years now, so be interesting to see how we do with the wider ones
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 06:26:34 pm »
got one yesterday - not sure I'd like it for windows - bit large and heavy - got it for S/F/G work

the guys will be trialling it over the next few days so I can let you know their thoughts

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 06:48:44 pm »
got one yesterday - not sure I'd like it for windows - bit large and heavy - got it for S/F/G work

the guys will be trialling it over the next few days so I can let you know their thoughts

Darran

thanks Darren
iSparkle Window Cleaning

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 06:39:24 pm »

Darran

you want the lightest brushes possible(eg xtreme brushes) for f/s/g jobs esp upper ones,anything heavier just makes the work harder.....

that brush would be ok for straight up fascias though.......
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 09:19:15 pm »
OK - I don't usually post about new equipment after 1 day's use, but I will share the guys thoughts ---

they had a heavy day with a mixture of conservatory cleans - SFG - and windows

This brush absolutely creamed the conservatory cleans - more coverage - quicker to remove the algae and really good scrubbing power - SFG - cleaning - not so much - feed back was that even with the longer bristles it was more difficult to get right under the round gutter  due to the shape.

They loved it for windows - the extra width and extra bristles helped  speed through first cleans - and opposite what I would say they liked the extra weight ( apparently not really noticeable ) as in improved scrubbing and cleaning

so there you go - that's the initial feedback - it must be pretty good as everyone is asking for one  >:( never had that response over equipment before  :o

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 07:50:38 am »
OK - I don't usually post about new equipment after 1 day's use, but I will share the guys thoughts ---

This brush absolutely creamed the conservatory cleans - more coverage - quicker to remove the algae and really good scrubbing power - SFG - cleaning - not so much - feed back was that even with the longer bristles it was more difficult to get right under the round gutter  due to the shape.

They loved it for windows - the extra width and extra bristles helped  speed through first cleans - and opposite what I would say they liked the extra weight ( apparently not really noticeable ) as in improved scrubbing and cleaning

so there you go - that's the initial feedback - it must be pretty good as everyone is asking for one  >:( never had that response over equipment before  :o

Darran

that brush is 330g!its far too heavy for day to day work.....itll be ok on straight up work until its time to clean the awkward windows over flat roof extensions/conservatories at full pole extension......

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 07:57:34 am »

Darran

that brush is 330g!its far too heavy for day to day work.....itll be ok on straight up work until its time to clean the awkward windows over flat roof extensions/conservatories at full pole extension......

maybe could use it on my smaller pole then the CLX22, and smaller brushes on long poles.

thats the opposite to what i was planning!
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2019, 07:58:35 am »

Darran

Thanks Darren. Mine are arriving today i think. i'm always fcused on windows because thats 95% of our work so it'll be interesting. i'll let you know what my chaps think
iSparkle Window Cleaning

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2019, 08:07:04 am »
i dont know what your work is like but i have loads of work with awkward angle windows over connys and extensions,skylights,3 storey work etc....i either use an standard xtreme brush or an ultimate brush(105g/180g respectively)anything heavier and it puts extra strain on my back,shoulders,neck and arms by the end of the day,not to mention the extra strain on my pole which feels like it could snap at any time when fully extended.....

Shrek

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2019, 08:12:52 am »
I use the 35cm ultimate flocked and medium soft for everything apart from first cleans. No problems at all , been using them over a year now

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2019, 08:48:17 am »
Your getting old daz !

I'm with you but the guys say it's no problem even over Conny's etc - time will tell

Darran

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2019, 10:25:29 am »
35cm ultimate is what I use.   Much lighter and great for windows.  I struggled to get the 35 sill brush into corners due to its angle and into the groves between openers and the brick work.  Seems a bit clumsey during use. Because of the angles it's less coverage I'm my opionion compared to the ultimate or extreme.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3