Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

Re: Fed up - customers/living situation
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2019, 01:46:29 pm »
Also with customers, don't be afraid to ask or be direct as well. If I feel its a one off clean, I will set them up to find out, whilst I'm talking to them. Then when it comes to pricing I will ask them if they are wanting a regular 4wkly/8wkly service or is it a one off clean.  Most will tell you if it's a one off, or at least I have found that to be the case. Then you can decide to price accordingly or thank them for the enquiry.

I went to price up this house (below) in quite a nice area which I'm expanding into. However it seems relatively clean and so I wondered why they want me to quote n clean. Is the previous cleaner on holiday and so it's a one off or has the cleaner dumped them for whatever reason.
So I asked.  It used to be a husband n wife team on trad tools but the hubby has a new job and she won't do ladders and only keeping the bungalows on the round. 👋.     I have the job at £30 a clean, 4 wkly and I spent an hour putting leaflets out  ;D

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2019, 02:14:05 pm »
not a bad price for front only

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2019, 03:14:38 pm »
I know right  ;D
Price with confidence
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2019, 03:57:47 pm »
Also with customers, don't be afraid to ask or be direct as well. If I feel its a one off clean, I will set them up to find out, whilst I'm talking to them. Then when it comes to pricing I will ask them if they are wanting a regular 4wkly/8wkly service or is it a one off clean.  Most will tell you if it's a one off, or at least I have found that to be the case. Then you can decide to price accordingly or thank them for the enquiry.

I went to price up this house (below) in quite a nice area which I'm expanding into. However it seems relatively clean and so I wondered why they want me to quote n clean. Is the previous cleaner on holiday and so it's a one off or has the cleaner dumped them for whatever reason.
So I asked.  It used to be a husband n wife team on trad tools but the hubby has a new job and she won't do ladders and only keeping the bungalows on the round. 👋.     I have the job at £30 a clean, 4 wkly and I spent an hour putting leaflets out  ;D

i have quite a few like that at the same price nathan,i easily knock out 2 an hour,mine are 8 weekly though,you ll probably  find theyll go 8 weekly when they realise how quickly 4 weeks comes around at £30 a pop......

at this rate you ll be able to replace your van soon  with a newer model and get some proper sign writing on it..... :)
price higher/work harder!

robbo333

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2019, 05:25:12 pm »
I had an interesting new enquiry the other day, so I went to quote.
Snotty woman, fairly posh house,  (I took an instant dislike to her...saves time!).

When I asked about her previous window cleaner she said quite bluntly "I don't wish to discuss my previous window cleaner!"
I thought oooooooohhhhh, I bet he's buried under the patio!

When I gently mentioned side gates being unlocked, she skirted around the issue by saying she was "nearly always home"!
When I politely mentioned that I only clean for customers who are happy to leave their side gates unlocked, she said
"I don't even know you, we've only just met!"

... Needless to say, I left so quickly
...I left skid marks!

More annoyingly, some people can't believe that you've turned their precious job down (albeit politely) and they continue to follow you to the van, trying to talk you into it. I think I had to scrape this one off the bonnet, half way down the street!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Smudger

« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2019, 06:22:54 pm »
here you go NK - my new clean for tomorrow - inside and out  ;D

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Smudger

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2019, 06:16:58 pm »
All done  ;D

Thank god it wasn't windy!