Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

john martin

Re: Electric truck mount
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 12:16:47 pm »
where do u start  ...
see the warning at the bottom of the ad  , thats a good pace to start  . 

btw woodbridge now sell the newer two 6.6lx version which will have no issues here ... but is it worth the money ..

So main issue with the four vac one is ...   it was designed in the USA ... Mytee seem to have little knowledge or interest generally in the Uk market to find out how they could have adapted it to comply with out 13amp plug fuse issue .

So they ended up with about 14 amps on cord one  .... and up to 18 or so on cord two .
Our plug fuse will start to get hot at 18 amps and the resistance heating effect will eventually burn up the plug if its not changed regularly .

If you Mike were to buy it , im sure you could live with  or work around ( bypass the plug  fuse and fit a trip inline perhaps ?)  the issue , but to the average buyer they would just want plug and play .

The uk version they should have made should have had a HD electro +a SD On each cord  + a 400psi pump is enough for carpet in general .  Also i believe in the UK /ireland generally we can get much closer to the house than some of the american TM pics i see where they seem to have grass almost up to the door with a walk path but no close parking .

But fair  play to mytee for making it  ,i believe there is a market in the uk for a suitable one , cant see the usual uk suppliers bothering any time soon  ,  The performance of four vacs in series/parallel is excellent though .
The new Two vac LX version is suppose to work well , but it seems to end up almost twice the asking price they sell for in the US, so value for money is questionable ...  and its built again for the US market  , we could probably squeeze more performance add another vac or two over here at 230v .

Mike , if u had the time you know you could make one for less then a grand , four 6.6 would be best .

edward coller

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 03:59:51 pm »
seen a nos of these on US sites and the guys seem to generally love em... most seem to power them from a generater and often take hot water direct from the from the faucet.... ie homeowners supply, anos have had issues when using custys leccie...think ill stick to my T/M for the moment.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 05:03:19 pm »
I agree with you John it is a bag problems but I think they could worked out. It’s the power draw that’s the big issue. How do you split the power of 4 vacs,  a biggish pump and a pump out pump between 2 power cords .

Does it need a pump out? Could you just empty it manually or is the waste tank so small you would be emptying it after every room,  how about fitting a 12v pump out running of the van battery....... do you need a 35 gallon per minute pump out?

Like you mention Why such a big pump?  you could go as low as a 200psi  pump.

The positive thing is it a good looking unit,  compact and a good design
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Neil Worsnop

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 05:23:57 pm »
There is a means of generating 40Amps at 230V using the vehicle engine to drive a gearbox mounted generator.  Expensive though compared to a few extension leads and pushes the whole system into truckmount territory price wise,  even if not so for performance.

I've looked at it in the past and have the idea on hold.

john martin

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 07:13:28 pm »
I agree with you John it is a bag problems but I think they could worked out. It’s the power draw that’s the big issue. How do you split the power of 4 vacs,  a biggish pump and a pump out pump between 2 power cords .

Does it need a pump out? Could you just empty it manually or is the waste tank so small you would be emptying it after every room,  how about fitting a 12v pump out running of the van battery....... do you need a 35 gallon per minute pump out?

Like you mention Why such a big pump?  you could go as low as a 200psi  pump.

The positive thing is it a good looking unit,  compact and a good design

I would firstly buy it  ,  plug it in and attach an amp meter inline on each cord .... or better two amp meters , one one each cord to see whats happening in real time .
What you would see is the max amp draw only occurs in fully open airflow  ....  so as u clean with the wand on the carpet the amp draw on each cord dips by a third or more .
I would also see what effect adjusting the 1000psi pump to 250 or so has on its current draw .
Chances are even with the machine as standard ...  if you had you wand attached and were ready to clean you would see no issues electrically .
But as i use a four vacs myself daily , i know over time the plug fuse can cause issues by heating which causes a bad connection to its mounting pole ....and the resistance this causes eventually melts the plugs connection  .
You could replace the fuse plug with a wire strip ...and insted just have a little box with a trip breaker , i often meant to do that , i think i will with my next machine .

As for reducing the escapes current draw by changing the components  ...
Two of the four 1500w vacs could be swapped for 1200ws  ..

The pump could be changed  ... i dont think there is much difference between a 200psi and a 400/500psi current wise so id keep the pump at 400 or so as the water flow on a 200psi can be a bit low for quick carpet cleaning  ... 

The pumpout on the escape i would try and keep because its a decent high volume one .

there is plenty of electrical power in a house generally though ,  think of a machine like the standard enforcer ...   cord one had two vacs (1500w and 1200w and a  400psi pump .  Drawing about 12/13amps max .
but cord two has the same current draw for its water  heater  ....  and yet most people will just plug in the two cords to a double socket with no issues . So it would be no different to be running two more vacs on cord two insted of the heater .

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 07:33:12 pm »
At £5000 it’s not something I would be interested in. I posted the link as I thought it was an interesting machine, I saw one before but it had a gas water heater fitted

john martin

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 11:01:08 pm »
 :) thats dissapointing , i thought u were about to lead the electric revolution .
But , yeah , at 5000 no thanks  , although there is a good lot of accessories with it .
Robin Ray came close to running one .

Robin Ray

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2019, 06:05:17 pm »
I bought one and discovered the World wide cleaning support had cut the USA type plug off of a cord that was going to draw 20A and replaced it with a 13 A british plug!!! !!!

They .......eventually..... refunded me after I pointed out the massive dangers of drawing 20 amps through a 13 amp plug and socket!

It is simply not made for uk electrics and Worldwide cleaning support know it!!

It is a real shame because the concept is great.

Ned Kelly

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 05:48:59 pm »
https://www.magicwandcompany.com/product-p/escape-lite-vortex.htm
What's this "vortex technology " all about chaps? Is it a another new breakthrough in portables lol

Mike Halliday

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2019, 06:40:22 pm »
It’s waffling bull poop the fact that the air entering the waste tank spirals around tank won’t increase the vacuum power.

I would like to see some test done on it, a man struggling to pull his hand off the inlet is not that scientific (see the video)

Still a nice design and it’s good to see a company trying to come up with something new in the extractor market, considering portables haven’t really changed in30-40yrs

john martin

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2019, 07:48:44 pm »
The Escape lite  ...   is really the very old Mytee Breeze  casing ...   The Breeze i believe was Mytees answer to the ninja classic at the time  ... not sure if it was ever sold over here .  Im pretty sure the round tank was chosen for strength at the time .

Anyway  ,  paint it Black  , fit the latest vacs  ,  add a vortex  :D   ....   and it gets a new lease of life .

The vortex would be mainly maketing ' spin '  :D 
but its inspired by vortex tubes , air amplifiers etc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1h8al5lcdM

This guy was suppose to be developing  a vortex amplifier machine  a while back ... but he hd issues with patents i believe or just gave up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOOtAXj0zBQ

Ned Kelly

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2019, 08:15:14 pm »
Is the guy in one of the videos promoting the machine not the same guy who used to promote the Jag then slaughtered the build quality and had his YouTube videos taken down?

john martin

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2019, 08:42:06 pm »
yeah , iv spoken with him PM    ,   heres the deal  ... magicwandcompany  is the only USA outlets for the Jag  ,   if u you got to its homepage you will see the jag pop up first  ...  its a paid position ... ie  , Ed V gives magic wand a higher cut to be on the front page ,
...  and as a consequence  ... magic wand would push the jag to potential buyers over other machines its sells .

So Tim  , bought the jag on the recommendation of magic wand  ...   he was initially impressed by the performance of the 8.4s and made several videos promoting it  , however behind the scenes he was having issues with the pump out  , leaks on customers floors ( which he paid an insurance claim , motors cutting off due to heat buildup inside , smelly waste tank and other things ,  eventually he decided to try and upgrade the pumpout and fix a few issues , but really he then  saw inside how poorly ot was ll put together he flipped andmade two videos showing his issues .
His videos were not taken down  ....   he haad  good relationship with Magic wand and they asked him to taken them down while they tried to work out replacing the jag or offering him something else .
I believe he traded his jag back to macic wand for part payment on whatever machine he wanted  ,  he asked for some some upgrades (800psi pump )  etc to a mytee machine magic wand were selling  ...  john labarbara (mytee ceo ) decided to offer this 800psi breeze with lx motors etc  ... and somewhere along the process he decided to make it a new product in its own right ( Escape lite )    ....  so hes still making videos  usuall ,  you can see his new videos for the escape lite on youtube .

Ned Kelly

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2019, 09:40:55 pm »
Gee whizz!!!..... it really does seem to be a minefield out there when choosing a machine.  Must admit though the customer service from Matt and Mark at Cleansmart has always been first class and my Airflex has never missed a beat.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2019, 02:57:34 pm »
Put simply.
There is NO such thing as an electric Truck Mount.
Yes there are electric machines that people have  fitted into their vans with a water tank and miles of electric cable, but that doesn’t make them a truck mount.
A  proper truck mount is powered by an engine and as a consequence has a ton more power and performance than any form of electric machine.

john martin

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2019, 05:02:13 pm »
people didnt rate electric cars not so long ago  ...

There are different ways of working  , i dont  even want a truckmount now .

Look , this guy nearly loses his hand in the vortex   :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4kX3D6Vii8

Ned Kelly

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2019, 07:24:47 pm »
Put simply.
There is NO such thing as an electric Truck Mount.
Yes there are electric machines that people have  fitted into their vans with a water tank and miles of electric cable, but that doesn’t make them a truck mount.
A  proper truck mount is powered by an engine and as a consequence has a ton more power and performance than any form of electric machine.
Just to clarify: as a "truck " (lorry driver ) for years,  an engine powered carpet cleaning machine mounted on a van is a "van mounted engine carpet cleaning machine" and an electric carpet cleaning machine mounted on a van is a "van mounted electric carpet  cleaning machine". And just to clarify: the engine one is best if you are successful enough to be able to pay for the exorbitant fuel costs in the UK and also finding a local company who can service and fix the bloody thing lol.

Jennifer w

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2019, 08:34:27 pm »
Like Ned says, they are van mounted.
"Truck"mount is so cheesy.
Sounds very macho and all that, but having seen one from a subcontractor today in  a 10 year old fiat scudo it's a bit overkill sometimes!!!

Cheers

Jen

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2019, 08:58:36 pm »
Quote from: Ned Kelly link=topic=215559.msg1954712#msg1954712 date=1560104687
[/quote
Just to clarify: as a "truck " (lorry driver ) for years,  an engine powered carpet cleaning machine mounted on a van is a "van mounted engine carpet cleaning machine" and an electric carpet cleaning machine mounted on a van is a "van mounted electric carpet  cleaning machine". And just to clarify: the engine one is best if you are successful enough to be able to pay for the exorbitant fuel costs in the UK and also finding a local company who can service and fix the bloody thing lol.

Owning a Truck Mount isn’t a product of success, it is means to create success. And as for exorbitant fuel costs,  2.6% of the cost of a job is hardly exorbitant, is it?  And of course the fuel costs has to be measured against the massive increase in productivity a TM gives, getting more jobs done with much less apeffort.
I’ve had Truck mounts for the vast majority of my 45 year career and never had a problem with either parts or on getting repairs done.