Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Glynn

Re: Electric truck mount
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2019, 09:21:35 pm »
Our Truckmounts and the fuel they consume form the most economical part of our business.
Believe me, Truckmounts are the cheapest best value piece of equipment you could possibly buy for your business.
If anyone was skeptical, it was me and boy was I wrong.
Regards
Glynn

Ned Kelly

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2019, 09:44:30 pm »
I can't understand why  owning a engine driven carpet cleaning machine could in any way be possible unless you first honed your skills  by investing in training while using a electric carpet cleaning machine. Surely you had to be successful at carpet cleaning first with a portable before you could have the funds for a engine driven carpet cleaning machine?

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2019, 11:09:48 pm »
Most people start out that way. Once you get into the business and see how much money there is to be made the investment in a Truck Mounted unit quickly  begins to make sense. The mistake a lot make is delaying too long and get themselves stuck in a rut. Others see owning a truck mount as some sort  of prize you award yourself when you’ve built you business up to certain level and then realise that you could have got there a whole lot quicker if you’d had a tm years ago.

Robin Ray

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2019, 11:42:46 pm »
Think carefully before buying a Truckmount. I have had one and went back to a electric machine, If i wanted too I could have a Truckmount again but it wouldn't earn me any more money just cost me more in expenses,. I know others who have found the same thing. Its not going to be the same for every business though. Truckmounts are very powerful and impressive there should not be a debate on whether truckmounts, portables or van mounts are better. They are tools which should be applied correctly to the job at hand.

It can be easy getting caught up in machinery and all sorts of other things but at the end of the day business it about profit.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2019, 08:34:02 am »
Which tm did you have , Robin and what caused,you,go back to electric?

Robin Ray

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2019, 03:03:44 pm »
I had a Hydramaster Boxer 321.

I got rid of it because the coupling kept breaking, it kept dumping water and the chem feed always had problems. To give him credit Craig Lincoln honored his warranty and really put himself out to sort it out. It was very powerful and hot. but it didn't save enough of my time to merit getting another one, It also did not change the quality of my work, so I went electric.

Robin Ray

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2019, 04:49:28 pm »
It was second hand.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2019, 08:24:13 pm »
I found with a Tm is made work easier and less physical what I would add is that my Titan cleans far quicker than any of my previous Tm’s

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2019, 09:12:14 pm »
The new heat exchanger technology doesn’t dump any water at all in the 575 and the heat is fizzing hot.

Robin Ray

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2019, 09:37:55 pm »
How much is a Titan these days?

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2019, 08:45:55 am »
I’m not sure but around £15 -£18k which may sound a lot but ours earns us well over £100 per hour and costs 2.4% in fuel.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2019, 10:34:54 am »
I think truckmounts are getting cheaper, perhaps not importing them from the USA might be cutting the price down...

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Ed Valentine

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2019, 04:30:11 pm »
@ Mr. J Martin;

Allow me to clear up a couple of mis-information here that you had posted/commented on:

1.  We do not pay extra for Magic Wand Co to promote the JAGUAR systems, period. They only sell what is popular based on demand.

2.  Your reference to poor components; leaking; etc; please view the following:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-skKsRo50z8&t=15shttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-skKsRo50z8&t=15s

3.  Not everyone takes care of their equipment, automobile, or for that matter,  likes a certain cleaning result from a great professional Carpet Cleaner either.  That's a reality as unfortunate as it is.

Best to all;
Ed V

Robin Ray

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2019, 06:12:57 pm »
I had a look at your other videos and I have to say the video you made comparing the vacuum motors makes total sense, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiQU4WVxqtY and very clear and easy to understand.

Robin Ray

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2019, 06:21:55 pm »
I think truckmounts are getting cheaper, perhaps not importing them from the USA might be cutting the price down...

I had a go with the Phoenix 570i at Phoenix truckmounts a while back and it was an absolutely awesome piece of kit!! it is similar in specs to the Titan and is about £17000 +vat so  £20400 inc vat https://www.phoenixtruckmounts.co.uk/machines/truck-mounts/phoenix-570i, i would have thought the Titan is a bit more expensive than the phoenix though. The one in the picture is a 450dd so aircooled and comparable to a Boxer 323.

Glynn

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2019, 09:16:00 pm »
It is nothing like the Titan.
Regards
Glynn

john martin

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2019, 10:31:54 pm »
I had a look at your other videos and I have to say the video you made comparing the vacuum motors makes total sense, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiQU4WVxqtY and very clear and easy to understand.

It ignores how the 6.6LX is used in the actual extactor  .   They are used only in series  .  One LX is useless , two Lx in parallel is not great  ...    only in series you get the benefit of the higher airflow single stage . 
Thats why they have being flying out of the showrooms in the US , much to Eds annoyance . 

Robin Ray

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2019, 11:06:57 pm »
It is nothing like the Titan.

Excuse my ignorance, what are the differences between a 570 and a titan?