Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Robin Ray

Re: Electric truck mount
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2019, 11:12:38 pm »
I had a look at your other videos and I have to say the video you made comparing the vacuum motors makes total sense, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiQU4WVxqtY and very clear and easy to understand.

It ignores how the 6.6LX is used in the actual extactor  .   They are used only in series  .  One LX is useless , two Lx in parallel is not great  ...    only in series you get the benefit of the higher airflow single stage . 
Thats why they have being flying out of the showrooms in the US , much to Eds annoyance .

Regardless of what the motors are or how motors are configured. The way of comparing vacuum motors against each other by looking at operating figures when under working load, is superior to looking at open cfm and closed lift figures.

john martin

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2019, 11:23:44 pm »
I had a look at your other videos and I have to say the video you made comparing the vacuum motors makes total sense, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiQU4WVxqtY and very clear and easy to understand.

It ignores how the 6.6LX is used in the actual extactor  .   They are used only in series  .  One LX is useless , two Lx in parallel is not great  ...    only in series you get the benefit of the higher airflow single stage . 
Thats why they have being flying out of the showrooms in the US , much to Eds annoyance .

Regardless of what the motors are or how motors are configured. The way of comparing vacuum motors against each other by looking at operating figures when under working load, is superior to looking at open cfm and closed lift figures.

True , but even better is testing the chosen configuration in the extractor with the wand on the carpet , which is what mytee did and why they went with a rather unconventional single stage ...   

Robin Ray

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2019, 11:33:32 pm »
I would agree that testing the whole system would be best. Not sure if really testing on the carpet gives a true “scientific” answer though as carpet varies hugely in length and density. Would not a range of orifice sizes measuring cfm and lift give some figures that can be truly compared? Or I suppose a range of different carpet types?

john martin

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2019, 11:39:01 pm »
yeah , i like the varying orifice idea but dont see many examples .
I think mytees testing would have being to compare different motors in different configurations on the same carpets .

Ed Valentine

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2019, 02:16:56 pm »
Good #39 post, Mr. Martin, right on; however, not your very last comment:

"....................much to Eds annoyance ."--lol

We are actually very happy with what we are doing and the service of our particular motors & components.   This is what makes us all different, not boring, and offers the operator a choice. And that's a good thing, IMHO. Everyone has their views and favorites when it comes to any product(s) and should not criticize unjustly someone elses; just move on.

A particular individual (we became very good friends) who was a 40 year Distributor of a competitive brand of equipment got a machine sent back to him from a fellow who purchased it earlier. I remember asking him; "What the heck happened?"  I'll never forget, he grinned and said: "There are no bad machines; only bad operators!"   This statement with exceptions, of course, really holds true.  Similar to those few filthy and abused carpets I'll bet you walk into!

Good posts!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2019, 03:59:28 pm »
Now it only £4K......gone down a grand :) when it hits £2500 I might buy it :D
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

steve swinney

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2019, 06:15:49 am »
Well I'm the guy who bought it & have it fitted in my Nissan E-NV200 electric van, I have made some modifications to it as the auto pump out is not necessary on every job. I will give updates in near future , I've added remote control, changed some wiring, and added autodump ( non mechanical)