Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

KS Cleaning

Re: Still waiting on my new van
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2019, 04:02:28 pm »
My wife is supposedly getting her new Ford Focus tomorrow!????     They came out with same crap regarding that as well
Isn’t the Focus built in the UK ?

KS Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2019, 04:03:30 pm »
was just told yesterday after signing up for my new lease van that they were outof stock and so would be delayed.. :(
Hope it’s not in the chrome blue colour!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2019, 04:17:38 pm »
So I got my van yesterday.  Initially checked round it and all was good......then the sun came out., which showed up a lot of problems with the paintwork! The van is in chrome blue and the paint finish on the van is absolutely terrible. I took it to 2 different body shops who have advised me to reject the van. They put a paint thickness meter on it and it was coming up with readings of over 100 in places and 70 odds in others which explains why it is patchy, one guy reckons you can see the primer where there isn’t enough paint coverage. I have since discovered I am not alone, there is a guy local to me who got one 2 weeks ago, we met up yesterday to compare the vans and turns out his van is the same. He told me there is a Ford forum where there are a lot of complaints of the paint finish on these chrome blue vans.
I have been onto the dealer and told them I would like to reject the van, they are taking it up with Ford and will get back to me. Gutted!!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2019, 05:21:26 pm »
That's crazy.   And Ford's commercial slogan is "keeping Britain moving"

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

Splash & dash

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2019, 05:24:21 pm »
Take the van back and leave it on there forecourt if you keep driving it you are accepting it and will only get a percentage of your money back , I had this issue with Peugeot with a car I bought years ago when it went to court the judge said I should have taken the car back ,by driving it I accepted the issues , I lost 7k on the price of the car due to this as they said that I had driven it for a couple of weeks so was not entitled to a full refund , I was fuming but couldn’t do anything about it  , lesson learned 

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2019, 07:41:10 pm »
If you look on the ford forum COG (custom owners group)it seams a common problem especially with the blue and orange sports.
I have the magnetic grey all seems good but I have seen some awful paint matches on these as well where the bumper meets the wheel arch.Shocking really as it is not just a one off and has happened to loads of buyers.
Hope you get it sorted ok.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2019, 08:22:48 pm »
Take the van back and leave it on there forecourt if you keep driving it you are accepting it and will only get a percentage of your money back , I had this issue with Peugeot with a car I bought years ago when it went to court the judge said I should have taken the car back ,by driving it I accepted the issues , I lost 7k on the price of the car due to this as they said that I had driven it for a couple of weeks so was not entitled to a full refund , I was fuming but couldn’t do anything about it  , lesson learned
Thanks for the heads up.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2019, 08:37:54 pm »
If you look on the ford forum COG (custom owners group)it seams a common problem especially with the blue and orange sports.
I have the magnetic grey all seems good but I have seen some awful paint matches on these as well where the bumper meets the wheel arch.Shocking really as it is not just a one off and has happened to loads of buyers.
Hope you get it sorted ok.
Yes the plastic bumper and trim are a poor colour match but my problem is actually worse than that. The main body panels have not been painted correctly, so for instance when you look along the solid side of the van,  the side without the side loading door, you can clearly see that there is differing paint coverage resulting in vertical shading, it’s as if the paint robot has either overlapped at some bits  causing the paint to be darker, or there isn’t enough paint meaning it’s lighter, it certainly isn’t consistent coverage. Thing is I don’t have a great eye for these things but this sticks out like a sore thumb to me, so it must be bad😢

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2019, 10:31:55 pm »
Put a photo up on here bud
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

KS Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2019, 11:22:45 pm »
It prob won’t show up on a photo mate.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2019, 12:58:30 pm »
Has Ford got back to you yet?  Or are they trying to avoid the issue?

KS Cleaning

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2019, 08:07:50 pm »
I have spoken to Ford and to the dealership and told them I wish to reject the vehicle. Should hear from them on Monday, I’m guessing they will ask me to take it somewhere to be assessed. I have also joined the Custom Owners Group forum ( as cgh suggested ) and have had good advice on how to proceed with rejecting the vehicle. A few guys have successfully rejected their van and have been allowed to keep using their van until a replacement arrives.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2019, 08:47:49 pm »
Good luck.  Here is another group you may want to try.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/998535056938838/

KS Cleaning

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2019, 09:03:16 pm »

That’s the one I’ve joined mate👍 It’s pretty brutal on there to be honest, the bitching on here is very mild in comparison 😂

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2019, 09:35:44 pm »

That’s the one I’ve joined mate👍 It’s pretty brutal on there to be honest, the bitching on here is very mild in comparison 😂

Haha yep.  They seems to a bug divide on class.   Sport versions v the standard poor man's version.  They have even done a povity sticker for people to buy.

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2019, 08:16:08 am »
I have spoken to Ford and to the dealership and told them I wish to reject the vehicle. Should hear from them on Monday, I’m guessing they will ask me to take it somewhere to be assessed. I have also joined the Custom Owners Group forum ( as cgh suggested ) and have had good advice on how to proceed with rejecting the vehicle. A few guys have successfully rejected their van and have been allowed to keep using their van until a replacement arrives.

how on earth can ford let a brand new van go from their factory with a bad paint job? ::)roll.....surely they should be checked before being delivered?it doesnt make sense.......it must cost them more money to faff about providing you with another van and rectifying the issue? ???

i bet your gutted......cant you contact WATCHDOG or something?its scandalous if this is quite a common problem....it shouldnt be happening... >:(....these vans are not cheap......

also how are you able to keep working in the meantime?have you still got your old van and system to work from?as obviously you dont want to be installing a system in a van your planning on rejecting....
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2019, 12:53:46 pm »
it may or may not - for every 1 that complains there is probably 5 or 6 that don't or not even notice

then they rely on distraction and bluff until you are past your 28 days (maybe longer for new vehicle) to simply reject it

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2019, 01:51:29 pm »

how on earth can ford let a brand new van go from their factory with a bad paint job? ::)roll.....surely they should be checked before being delivered?it doesnt make sense.......it must cost them more money to faff about providing you with another van and rectifying the issue? ???

i bet your gutted......cant you contact WATCHDOG or something?its scandalous if this is quite a common problem....it shouldnt be happening... >:(....these vans are not cheap......

also how are you able to keep working in the meantime?have you still got your old van and system to work from?as obviously you dont want to be installing a system in a van your planning on rejecting....
Yes it’s a nightmare and you’re right quality control must be non existent.  As I stated earlier, if I noticed it, it must be bad as I don’t normally have a good eye for these things, so it should have been picked up on by quality control. I am using the van just now but obviously can’t get it sign written or my tank bolted in, it goes against the grain but I’m gonna ratchet strap the tank in tonight ( I’m currently using containers ) . There are a few owners I’ve been in touch with who have successfully rejected their van but  are being allowed to use them until their replacement arrives, I am hoping for the same scenario. If I don’t get the matter resolved to my full satisfaction Watchdog could be one avenue I will go down.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2019, 01:56:48 pm »
it may or may not - for every 1 that complains there is probably 5 or 6 that don't or not even notice

then they rely on distraction and bluff until you are past your 28 days (maybe longer for new vehicle) to simply reject it

Darran
Correct, when you have splashed out a lump sum I would think that you tend to check over the van more meticulously than if you were leasing it per say.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2019, 10:05:56 pm »
Update....I have successfully rejected my van, they are coming to collect in on Friday. I asked dealership if they would provide a courtesy van until a replacement van came but they wouldn’t oblige so I opted for a full refund instead. I’ve ordered the same model from a different dealership, but in a different colour this time, it’s meant to be arriving on the 20th July which ties in well for me as I am away on holiday from the 6th - 20th. I have been promised a courtesy vehicle should the new van be delayed beyond the 20th.