Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Slash

Re: New Vauxhall Combo v Connect v Doblo
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2019, 05:07:44 pm »
I suppose the alloy goodenecks don't help me.

dd

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2019, 06:50:32 pm »
Depreciation is not a concern for me. I have had my dispatch from new and it is 13 years old. Would like to keep the next van around 10 years (although I may decide to retire before then).

No major repair bill for the dispatch until now - booked in for a new clutch next week. It still runs very well. Will probably change it next year, just planning ahead so when the time comes I know what I want and just get on with it.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2019, 07:27:15 pm »
Depreciation is not a concern for me. I have had my dispatch from new and it is 13 years old. Would like to keep the next van around 10 years (although I may decide to retire before then).

No major repair bill for the dispatch until now - booked in for a new clutch next week. It still runs very well. Will probably change it next year, just planning ahead so when the time comes I know what I want and just get on with it.
Sorry I’ve just read back my post...what I was meaning about the depreciation was , in real terms the Connect would only cost about a grand more than a Doblo for anyone keeping it 4 years taking depreciation into account.  I don’t bother too much about depreciation either, I bought my Custom limited new for just under 20K just over 4 years ago, I am getting 11 750 for it in 2 weeks time, so 8K depreciation but when you factor in the tax savings I’m quite happy with that. My new van will have a lot more depreciation as it’s a more expensive model, but you’re only here once eh!

dd

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2019, 07:36:50 pm »
Yes, people have different attitudes to things. I prefer things in life to be simple and work well. But for some people heated seats, aircon and other luxuries are important. Doesn't make it right or wrong.

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2019, 08:06:31 pm »
Yes, people have different attitudes to things. I prefer things in life to be simple and work well. But for some people heated seats, aircon and other luxuries are important. Doesn't make it right or wrong.

ive had all sorts of old vans and cars for window cleaning over the years,never had any vehicles from new before and now i have two......(golf GTD and connect)...most of my previous vehicles were at least 9 or 10 years old before i bought them.....

i cant be arsed messing about with older vehicles anymore,the breakdowns and unexpected garage bills,etc.....i could write a book about the trouble ive had with them over the years! ;D
price higher/work harder!

dd

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2019, 09:42:44 pm »
In the 13 years I have had the van it has never broken down. I am still using it, new clutch next week (worn clutch release bearing).

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2019, 08:48:11 am »
In the 13 years I have had the van it has never broken down. I am still using it, new clutch next week (worn clutch release bearing).

thats great stuff mate....im planning on keeping mine for a long time too as i only do 3000-4000 miles per year....how many miles has yours got on the clock?

so apart from brakes,tyres and normal servicing you havent had anything major go on it before?

dd

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2019, 07:23:57 pm »
113,000 on clock. I do no more than 9,000 miles a year. Only major expense previously was changing the timing belt (at 9 years, a year early).

A couple of sections on exhaust replaced, been through one set of discs, tyres and a battery. Apart from the cam belt, previously the most expensive thing has been replacing tyres, get them replaced in pairs.

Plankton

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2019, 05:35:52 pm »
Old post but I was looking at the Combo L1 and an slx35 sticks out the back by over a foot! They are currently 10k + vat pre reg and the Vivaro is 15k + vat pre reg so a sizeable difference.
Has any got a photo of them fitted out?

P @ F

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2019, 06:26:08 pm »
I can get an slx 27 into a Fiorino  straight so Doblo must take way bigger !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2019, 07:29:09 pm »
Old post but I was looking at the Combo L1 and an slx35 sticks out the back by over a foot! They are currently 10k + vat pre reg and the Vivaro is 15k + vat pre reg so a sizeable difference.

Not suitable for wfp then IMO....obviously you want to be able to fit your poles in straight without cutting into the bulkhead......

Plankton

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2019, 07:37:36 pm »
P@F, seriously it was at least a foot out the back. The top of thebulkhead must be the shortest point, obviously they have the under the seat flap but that's no use to us.

dd

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2019, 06:19:22 pm »
Why is drilling/cutting a hole in the bulkhead such a terrible thing to do?

Plankton

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2019, 06:47:55 pm »
Damp from the back of the van makes the cab fusty, drips from the pole going down the back of your neck is what I remember.
Maybe if it was cut accurately for a black drainage pipe with a cap on the cab end and the hole finished with a trim round the edge it wouldn't look to bad. So I suppose for me it's down to aesthetics and not having a damp cab.

dd

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2019, 07:41:22 pm »
My poles come over the top of the seats, I have never noticed drips coming from the base of the pole. Never thought about the other issues.

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2019, 10:24:11 pm »
Why is drilling/cutting a hole in the bulkhead such a terrible thing to do?

its not ideal though is it?

just buy/lease a van thats up to the job in the first place with plenty of space for poles....

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2019, 10:33:07 pm »
Damp from the back of the van makes the cab fusty, drips from the pole going down the back of your neck is what I remember.
Maybe if it was cut accurately for a black drainage pipe with a cap on the cab end and the hole finished with a trim round the edge it wouldn't look to bad. So I suppose for me it's down to aesthetics and not having a damp cab.

from my experience when you ve been doing this job for years(esp wfp!).you want the right van set up.completely separate cab being one of them with plenty of space for fitting poles in straight with no cutting into the bulkhead...

p1w1

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2019, 11:44:26 am »
The L2 model would fit a 35ft pole, I have one in mine.

JackieW

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2019, 02:44:10 pm »
''The L2 model would fit a 35ft pole, I have one in mine.''

Extended?  :)