This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

KS Cleaning

Re: Are shiners getting lazy
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2019, 05:30:09 pm »
Now if they cant be bothered to unlockna gate, the ownership is on them as I have done my part to let them know.
Do you get ownership if they leave the gate unlocked, then?

Theres no responsibility in terms of security to the household due to me asking for a gate to be unlocked. Obviously the owner of the property can choose to unlock the gate for me or not. No one is forcing them to do so.

However, when it has been agreed upon that I will communicate with said owner to inform them of my due visit to the property for the intent of cleaning the rear windows. Then I have fulfilled my part of the agreement. Part of that understanding is, after upon receiving such communication and no access has been organised then a percentahe fee will be applied. However the owner can, if desired to do so, let me know if hes away and to leave the rear clean etc etc etc.
Nathan why don’t you just use simple words for your sentences. Once again it’s all too wordy and doesn’t really make much sense. You are using about 30 words where 10 would suffice ( and would probably make more sense)
I think the word you were looking for was onus and not ownership.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2019, 05:31:08 pm »
I had a night out a while back with a few lads and decided to call it a night around 10pm . Got home and someone was smashing my girlfriends back doors in, the guy bolted when he saw me. Just shows it can happen at any time of the day
Did he grab all his clothes first?😂

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2019, 05:35:48 pm »
if the customer forgets i normally  still hop the gate....its easy if you have a 2 section ladder or a little step....

i hate doing half a job.....

No way am i getting the ladder off to go over a gate.
I dont carry a ladder anyway😁
If it's locked i charge at least 2 thirds maybe even full price
If the custie forgets it's on their head.
Climbing is for mugs 😁

your just old and knackered jonboy......too long in the tooth! ;) ;D
price higher/work harder!

Splash & dash

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2019, 05:54:50 pm »
One may consider that if a householder deliberately leaves a side gate unlocked that their home insurance is jeopardised if burgled. Personally i never encourage custards to compromise their home security by leaving a gate open for me.

I was doing the windows this afternoon for one of our customers whose an insurance broker , I showed him this statement and he howled with laughter , said it’s utter rubbish no insurance company askes  for side gates to be locked and very few insurance companies ask or know if you have a side gate , most garden sheds should be locked though with a padlock , not that that would stop anyone breaking in it’s just a deterrent

Stoots

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2019, 06:17:26 pm »
I dont find it as easy to jump over stuff as i would have done 10 years ago....im 37 so not exactly old but still its noticeable harder these days to exert myself lol.

I wouldnt say i never climb gates, ill get over the odd one if its not too difficult or if i can be arsed but if its a 6 footer and it means getting ladders off the roof i wont bother.

General rule is fronts only but depends on level of arsedness on given day.

I got sacked off last year for merely reaching over a gate to unlcock it so a bit cautious these days, some funny buggers about their gates.

robbo333

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2019, 06:34:49 pm »
No climbing for me.
In all fairness it doesn't happen often and when it does I text the custy and they are very apologetic.
I try to reschedule it, if I can.
If it happens more than once, i'll do fronts only or dump. To be honest, I don't mind doing the fronts only for half price!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

robbo333

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2019, 06:40:41 pm »
Now if they cant be bothered to unlockna gate, the ownership is on them as I have done my part to let them know.

Theres no responsibility in terms of security to the household due to me asking for a gate to be unlocked. Obviously the owner of the property can choose to unlock the gate for me or not. No one is forcing them to do so.

However, when it has been agreed upon that I will communicate with said owner to inform them of my due visit to the property for the intent of cleaning the rear windows. Then I have fulfilled my part of the agreement. Part of that understanding is, after upon receiving such communication and no access has been organised then a percentahe fee will be applied. However the owner can, if desired to do so, let me know if hes away and to leave the rear clean etc etc etc.
Nathan why don’t you just use simple words for your sentences. Once again it’s all too wordy and doesn’t really make much sense. You are using about 30 words where 10 would suffice ( and would probably make more sense)

Bit harsh!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2019, 06:41:09 pm »
I dont find it as easy to jump over stuff as i would have done 10 years ago....im 37 so not exactly old but still its noticeable harder these days to exert myself lol.

I wouldnt say i never climb gates, ill get over the odd one if its not too difficult or if i can be arsed but if its a 6 footer and it means getting ladders off the roof i wont bother.

I got sacked off last year for merely reaching over a gate to unlcock it so a bit cautious these days, some funny buggers about their gates.

its nothing to do with age mate.....your just unfit....jesus your only 37! :o ;D

jonboywalton75

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2019, 06:47:13 pm »
if the customer forgets i normally  still hop the gate....its easy if you have a 2 section ladder or a little step....

i hate doing half a job.....

No way am i getting the ladder off to go over a gate.
I dont carry a ladder anyway😁
If it's locked i charge at least 2 thirds maybe even full price
If the custie forgets it's on their head.
Climbing is for mugs 😁

your just old and knackered jonboy......too long in the tooth! ;) ;D

Spot on, as usual Daz😁

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2019, 06:47:23 pm »
im very comfortable on ladders after spending 17 years on them so to occasionally get them off to gain access to the rear of a property is no problem.....i must use them 5 or 6 times a month for locked gates.....

its not like im climbing them 80 times a day like the old trad days! ::)roll ;D

Stoots

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2019, 07:28:25 pm »

its nothing to do with age mate.....your just unfit....jesus your only 37! :o ;D

Nope probably fitter than you mate...at least in a cardio sense, i ride bikes a lot but dont go to gym...

I probably should be lifting weights though to help with some aches and pains.

My problems come from working years in warehouses lifting things i shouldnt have been, injured my back on a few occasions and now its pretty weak and liable to flare up if i lift heavy stuff or bend over for too long or go jumping over big gates etc.

harleyman

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2019, 07:57:58 pm »
Guess I was right all along there are some lazey shiners  health and  safety again that's what's wrong these days to much of an easy life get a grip 

Ooooooog

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2019, 08:13:16 pm »
Of about 300 residential window cleaning jobs we do, less than ten have locked gates.  It’s not really a big issue.
I climbed over a garage once! Then dumped.

harleyman

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2019, 08:55:25 pm »
Bunch of wingers  want every thing on a plate I think some of you really do need a  Career change grow a pair of Jack it in  .it beggars believe what is the world  comming to . Rant over girlys

G Griffin

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2019, 10:30:14 pm »

Correct; it's waffle.
And it has the opposite effect of what he is trying to do.
Keep it simple, Nate.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

robert mitchell

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2019, 12:10:35 am »
Bunch of wingers  want every thing on a plate I think some of you really do need a  Career change grow a pair of Jack it in  .it beggars believe what is the world  comming to . Rant over girlys

Been on the booze?
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

harleyman

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2019, 06:23:02 am »
Na dont drink just an  observation wonder what would happen if  w f p was banned I suspect they would be a mass exodus  of shiners.its  some thing ive noticed  ive done it all from using scrims only then  squigeys to w fp to me its part of the job.

Shrek

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2019, 06:48:24 am »
So , to sum up-  your whinging about other window cleaners not climbing small gates and losing customers, in turn you gain work . Not really something to rant about... is it?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2019, 08:13:31 am »
Na dont drink just an  observation wonder what would happen if  w f p was banned I suspect they would be a mass exodus  of shiners.its  some thing ive noticed ive done it all from using scrims only then  squigeys to w fp to me its part of the job.

So have I. But I've learned to drop unproductive and less safe methods. Sadly for you there isn't going to be a ban of wfp. Do you send your grandkids up chimneys and ride a Harley-Davidson 883?  :D
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2019, 08:34:41 am »
Na dont drink just an  observation wonder what would happen if  w f p was banned I suspect they would be a mass exodus  of shiners.its  some thing ive noticed ive done it all from using scrims only then  squigeys to w fp to me its part of the job.

So have I. But I've learned to drop unproductive and less safe methods. Sadly for you there isn't going to be a ban of wfp. Do you send your grandkids up chimneys and ride a Harley-Davidson 883?  :D

i can see both sides......

i used to be a stuntman (without the glamour) when 100% trad....i never charged danger money either! ;D......

BUT.......climbing over the odd locked gate with a ladder is ok as long as its only a few times a month when your WFP.....