This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

poles apart

price per hour
« on: April 04, 2019, 04:27:37 pm »
I've been asked to tender for work on a price per hour basis. How much per hour is reasonable?

dazmond

Re: price per hour
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 05:23:22 pm »
I've been asked to tender for work on a price per hour basis. How much per hour is reasonable?

£40-£50 an hour.....i wont work for any less.....
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 05:31:41 pm »
Sounds horrible

Why p/h and not per job?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 05:33:31 pm »
What a cheek why was you asked to quote by the hour,I personally never quote by the hour.

NWH

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 05:34:30 pm »
I would say show me the work and I’ll give you a price for it,next thing you know they’ll be telling you how to clean it with a bucket and ladder.

Dry Clean

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 05:35:45 pm »
After costs whatever you are happy with is reasonable.

robbo333

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 05:42:00 pm »
Very odd!

Pick a figure YOU are happy with and go with that. Don't try and anticipate what THEY might think is reasonable.

This is your business.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Shrek

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 05:56:57 pm »
 just say ,
 ‘ sorry I can’t give you an hourly rate as some jobs take longer than expected. I can give you a price for the job though and it takes as long as it takes’

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 06:13:52 pm »
seems strange to me.....im sure if my customers realised how much i earn per hour on some work they wouldnt be happy...... ;D

Bungle

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2019, 06:27:57 pm »
seems strange to me.....im sure if my customers realised how much i earn per hour on some work they wouldnt be happy...... ;D

Most would feel sorry for you earning only £40/£50 an hour.
We look at them, they look through them.

windowswashed

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 06:38:32 pm »
Tell them you are safe employed and price per job same as every other self employed person with the exception of gardeners. Only PAYE employees get bored watching the clock knowing they are paid per hour, no wonder they watch the clocks wishing their lives away.

NWH

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2019, 07:32:17 pm »
Lol yeah if you want to lose a job talk about how much you’re getting for the Windows,there’s no one more curious about what you’re getting paid than the gardener or the housekeepers.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 07:42:46 pm »

Most would feel sorry for you earning only £40/£50 an hour.

yeah im sure they will while their working 30 hrs a week in sainsburys for £10 an hour..... ;D

NWH

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2019, 08:16:25 pm »
I do a  Gardeners house on the grounds of another bigger property I clean he always used to make sure I got my money as soon as I did them,about 6 months ago he found out what I was getting for the main house.
Last 2 cleans on his place I’ve been ignored by him around the main house and he knows he also owes me 2 cleans but I’ve yet to get my money from him 😂 some sad people out there,if he thought I was earning  less than him he’d have paid me by now.

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2019, 08:23:33 pm »
I do a  Gardeners house on the grounds of another bigger property I clean he always used to make sure I got my money as soon as I did them,about 6 months ago he found out what I was getting for the main house.
Last 2 cleans on his place I’ve been ignored by him around the main house and he knows he also owes me 2 cleans but I’ve yet to get my money from him 😂 some sad people out there,if he thought I was earning  less than him he’d have paid me by now.

Yawn.

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2019, 10:12:05 pm »
I would try to quote for the job but if they insist on an hourly rate just quote your hourly rate.....

Doesn't really matter what's reasonable just what you want and they can say yes or no.

windowswashed

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2019, 10:34:35 pm »
Talking of gardeners, I cleaned a place this afternoon and said hello to the gardener next door who was a grumpy sod, totally blanked me and then started trying to impress the owner about how very cheap he was compared to another gardener who was charging extortionate prices and mentioning that he was getting on average three new customers every week. Busy fool I thought to myself.  Charge the going rate according to what others are charging or more if you can if  reputation and demand allows it.
It's like everything in life, all prices go up and only fools don't put their prices up. Didn't tell him I put the price up on the neighbours house who he was gardening for  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2019, 10:41:55 pm »
when i first joined this forum i couldnt believe window cleaners could earn £30 an hour cleaning windows...i was gobsmacked.....if i dont earn £40-£50 an hour these days then im disappointed.....

i only work short days now though...i cant stomach more than 5 or 6 hours a day,some days even less.....

nathankaye

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2019, 10:59:38 pm »
Dont know if im repeating as ive not read all the above comments. But....

Do you need the job?
Personnally i would reply
" sorry I feel that you may have picked the wrong person for the job. Thank you for the enquiry though,  but I quote per job depending on msny factors. One of which is my experience and reputation.
Thank you."
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2019, 07:12:46 am »
Just divide your day rate into hours, quite simple really.

Or take a screenshot of the crap that’s spouted on here and show them that  ;D