Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

customer not happy....
« on: May 03, 2019, 09:24:55 am »
so i cleaned a pocket of work yesterday thats a few miles out of my normal area(seven properties on a posh estate).ive been cleaning these for around 7 or 8 years now,all pay by BACS no problem....

anyway i get a texted off one of them late afternoon saying id not cleaned her front door(i did but i just used a cloth as its recessed into a  porch area)shes adamant that i usually use the pole system on it and ive missed it out).ive NEVER used the pole on it ever..... ::)roll

im not in the area for another 2 months,its 10 miles away from todays work....would you go back and clean it today?

i just texted her back and said ill use the pole system on it from now on but that some customers dont like water being left on their doorstep esp with it being a recessed door and thats why i usually just cloth it......

no reply.... ::)roll....i cant be arsed to drive 10 miles just to clean a front door.....i think thats what she wants me to do...... ::)roll

what would you do?
price higher/work harder!

Perfect Windows

Re: customer not happy....
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 09:41:34 am »
im not in the area for another 2 months,its 10 miles away from todays work....would you go back and clean it today?

Always.

Vin

G Griffin

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 09:44:47 am »
Explain (which you have) and offer her a small discount in the hope that she turns it down.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 11:00:37 am »
If you've cleaned it with a cloth as you always do then I wouldn't do anything.

You've already said sorry I used a cloth for this reason and will make sure I use pole system next time so that's that

I wouldn't go back for that, she can like it or lump it.

If it was a complaint such as windows are spotty, bird poo etc...you know a genuine complaint then I would offer to go back or give the clean for free but this sounds like just a misunderstanding.

Last month I cleaned a house front and back and because on small side window apparently still had a football mark on (it's a big house with maybe 30 windows) she decide she was only paying for half the job.

Thing is she didn't say anything until two week later and only because I asked for payment.

I told her to feck off on that occasion. I'm more than willing to rectify mistakes and offer free cleans etc but when someone thinks they will decide what they pay or if they pay without bringing the issue up it's another story.

In short whether I went back or not would depend on what for and their attitude

lal

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 11:17:45 am »
  Dazmond you say you have been doing these house's for the last 7 or 8 years, and never poled her front Door
  because of it being recessed in a porch, and clothed instead, you have explained to her in a text the reasons for
 not poleing it, now all of a sudden after 8 years she's having a beef about it, she hasn't replied to your text,
 i wouldn't go back till next time, unless she does text you back in the meantime and is still nitpicking about it.

Bungle

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 11:30:49 am »
Text her back saying you’re going to Mexico 5* AI soon and you can’t be arsed going back to clean her door.

She’ll get the gist 👍
We look at them, they look through them.

NWH

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 11:34:31 am »
If it has a modern letter box that won’t leak I’ll stand any mats etc on its edge to the side and pole it,maybe it’s the first time she’s looked at the door as it may have been very dusty or dirty.
I would just explain to her and say I did clean it but next time i come I’ll pole it,I’d use so much water she’d think she was in a scene from the titanic.
There you go love that’s why I’ve always clothed it in the past,now you you have a nice swim eh.

Dave Willis

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019, 11:37:25 am »
Tell her you can’t possibly return for one door as you need to earn at least £80 per hour.

NWH

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 11:38:35 am »
Tell her you can’t possibly return for one door as you need to earn at least £80 per hour.
lol Absolutely 😂

GeorgeP

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2019, 11:39:10 am »
As you have been cleaning without problems for a good few years I would go back, not because customer is right, but it is good customer relations, 10 mile is not very far to keep good relations with a customer (and others if she starts telling neighbours etc), on;y yesterday we got an extra site which another window cleaner had started cleaning but we got it as our customer service good, its not always about being right,

NWH

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2019, 11:47:30 am »
I got a job this week a very good job,I said why weren’t you happy with them she said they made a meal of it they took too long to do it lol I’m happy with that some people don’t want you round there property all day.

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2019, 11:52:35 am »
Sometime you find that a customer is out when you do a clean - maybe for years - then they see you and get upset that you didn't dry the windows !! - in this case she didn't know the door was done differently to the rest of the house

You've already said sorry I used a cloth for this reason and will make sure I use pole system next time so that's that

If it was a complaint such as windows are spotty, bird poo etc...you know a genuine complaint then I would offer to go back or give the clean for free but this sounds like just a misunderstanding.

Last month I cleaned a house front and back and because on small side window apparently still had a football mark on (it's a big house with maybe 30 windows) she decide she was only paying for half the job.

Thing is she didn't say anything until two week later and only because I asked for payment.

I told her to feck off on that occasion. I'm more than willing to rectify mistakes and offer free cleans etc but when someone thinks they will decide what they pay or if they pay without bringing the issue up it's another story.

what is your drop out rate again ??  ??? ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

zesty

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2019, 12:01:00 pm »
I’m not even sure why you even posted this Daz?

It’s literally as trivial as they come, who cares.

Stick your heated seat on and relax in the van 😜

deeege

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2019, 03:12:29 pm »
Serves you right for encroaching onto my ‘patch’ Daz 😂😂

Just joking of course but I seen you over this way yesterday. Was hurrying to get back for the school run else I’d have stopped for a chat.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2019, 04:28:20 pm »

Just joking of course but I seen you over this way yesterday. Was hurrying to get back for the school run else I’d have stopped for a chat.

did you beep your horn?as i heard one when i was cleaning the childrens home.its weird but i had a feeling at the time it might have been you Danny! :)

deeege

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2019, 04:30:13 pm »

did you beep your horn?as i heard one when i was cleaning the childrens home.its weird but i had a feeling at the time it might have been you Danny! :)

Yes I did but you were driving in the van, you turned left at the Thorn Pub, I was driving behind you. 👍
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2019, 04:38:28 pm »

true....but its little things like this that can get under my skin....i always want my customers to be happy with my service at all times......anyway shes paid me online today and sent no more text messages so shes probably fine with it now....

i bumped into a customers son today(who i used to drink with many years ago),he s in a bad way with the drink now,lost his job,no girlfriend anymore and looks like he could lose his home,he looks terrible,i reckon his liver is shot judging by the state of him......i ended up having a coffee and an hour long chat with him and pointed him in the direction of AA........hes the same age as me(47).......it puts things into perspective......

robbo333

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2019, 06:12:21 pm »
So she's paid you, so she still luvs yer!

That's nice.

Do her a little something extra on the next clean...

...clean those windows you normally miss out!  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2019, 02:08:08 pm »
Sometime you find that a customer is out when you do a clean - maybe for years - then they see you and get upset that you didn't dry the windows !! - in this case she didn't know the door was done differently to the rest of the house

what is your drop out rate again ??  ??? ;D

;D ;D ;D

zesty

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2019, 02:57:57 pm »

true....but its little things like this that can get under my skin....i always want my customers to be happy with my service at all times......anyway shes paid me online today and sent no more text messages so shes probably fine with it now....

i bumped into a customers son today(who i used to drink with many years ago),he s in a bad way with the drink now,lost his job,no girlfriend anymore and looks like he could lose his home,he looks terrible,i reckon his liver is shot judging by the state of him......i ended up having a coffee and an hour long chat with him and pointed him in the direction of AA........hes the same age as me(47).......it puts things into perspective......

Yes mate, alcoholism is awful. Know first hand - my dad is one. Destroys lives.