This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SB Cleaning

Re: New here looking to start up
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2019, 10:32:37 pm »
I seen posts on another forum saying how aggressive/hostile/awkward these forums are but Jesus they was not kidding, luckily I can deal with it and just give it back but damn this place is hilarious, come here for some advice and it’s as if some of the window cleaners on here must have inferiority complex or something. Thanks to those who actually have been welcoming and tried to help.
But what you don’t seem to be grasping is, people are trying to help by saying it’s not just a case of splashing some water on a window and they come up gleaming. There is a bit more to cleaning windows using  a water fed pole than you think.

Yes I totally understand that and it’s why I’ve been asking for advice on wfp, I wasn’t coming on here for people to take the mick and just pick holes in everything and try discourage me, the ones who have genuinely gave me constructive advice I appreciate.
You need to get out there with someone who knows what they are doing to show you the ropes as like others have said it takes years to fully master wfp.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2019, 10:38:27 pm »
Yeah i know.. ;D

::)roll ::)roll cant stay away! :-*

Wait till Dry clean gets back from his ban😱😱

Stoots

« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2019, 10:39:29 pm »
Sell your car and buy a van.

If you try hard you could build a van mount for a few hundred quid with second hand gear.

Tank - £50 or so off eBay.
Battery - £45 for a 70ah one new
Pump - £15 off eBay
Reel - hoselock £35 b&q
Hose reel £45 of eBay (microbore)
Pole - £100 for a 22ft fibreglass one
D.I vessel about £35 second hand off eBay
Sack of resin £70
Few fittings £20
TDs meter £4 eBay

Infact I have a spare 500l tank, 2 spare batterys a spare 22ft pole, hoselock reel/hose, spare backpack and few pumps in my garage as thats what I started out with.

Come up to Yorkshire with £300 and I will kit your van out with the above and show you how to use it.

There ya go.

Then order £10'000 leaflets for about £60 and pound the streets knocking doors posting a leaflet to anyone not in. Spend the rest of you time hammering Facebook groups twice a day.

Within a couple of months of you give it your all you will be up and running.

Or you could fanny about with trolleys/trad gear from your car, I'm sure you could make it work but having done all that  when starting out I can tell you I would just jump straight into a van mount.

P @ F

« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2019, 10:47:13 pm »
You have been offered a day out with an old timer  ;D  and free gear from another old timer , albeit it with a bit of a drive , would have only cost you petrol in order to save money to set up and see first hand how it all works , sadly though I feel you have burnt the bridge before you even got half way over the thing .

Good luck bud !

Sarcastically offered gear by the one taking the mick the most on my thread and doing nothing but knocking me, dude just bore off.
I offered it you , you took me the wrong way , back in 2005 when I joined I was as green as you , the only difference was though that I didnt have a feckin great know it all chip on my shoulder like you do , I listened to people and took the humour with a pinch of salt , cos i got stick too you know .
And if I had of got offered what you have been offered tonight I would have been over the moon mate , not Charlie big spuddin it !   
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Splash & dash

« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2019, 10:47:58 pm »
Yeah i know.. ;D

::)roll ::)roll cant stay away! :-*

😂😂. Only teasing you mark

P @ F

« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2019, 10:53:13 pm »
Dont bother Gomo , what you give him wont be good enough mate , I dont often get arsie on here but he has gripped my poop today , the world owes this bloke a living !

P @ F

« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2019, 11:00:02 pm »
After all "It's only window cleanining " , how hard can it be  ;D

Thats all I'm saying  ;D ;D

P @ F

« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2019, 11:10:36 pm »
Perhaps James is Dry Clean ?
He's gripped my poop today  ;D

KS Cleaning

« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2019, 11:15:28 pm »
Perhaps James is Dry Clean ?
He's gripped my poop today  ;D
Na, more like Lee Pryor, throwing the toys out the pram is a dead giveaway😂

Smudger

« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2019, 11:17:15 pm »
Interesting........

From total noob to experienced expert in 30 posts 👍 all without doing a single search on the forum or any research that’s freely available across the interweb.

We all started out with little or no knowledge, learning something new is like that, but seeing as you have put about practically no effort in looking at different wfp equipment that you can’t even ask what pole or make would suit me best I sadly can’t see you getting the venture off the ground

People are here to help but currently your wasting their time (and good will) never mind your own

Good luck in trying

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2019, 11:23:43 pm »
You also need resilience and a thick skin in this game.

I worked for a window cleaner for 2 years back in 2007, he used to do them traditional way with ladders leather and scrim, was pretty simple, just seems some are trying to make this seem way more difficult then it actually is with the wfp nothing to do with needing a thick skin, it’s just cleaning windows.

Totally wrong.
Wibbly is right.
Unless you have a thick skin, you don't stand a chance dealing with customers.
You won't last 2 minutes.
You'll be 'winging' about the people on the nasty forum giving you a hard time. Oh you've already done that!
I'm based in Bournemouth.
If you can drag your sorry arse down here for a day, i'll take you out with me.
Up to you.

I dealt with hundreds of customers back then, i chatted with them, dealt with any enquiries, collected money, no issues at all.
Nasty people on the forum haha don’t make me laugh, everyone on the internet thinks they are invincible behind a screen it’s just they way it is in the modern world, I just give it back.
No I don’t fancy driving 2 and a half hours to do your work for your lazy ass  :P

People are offering you sound advice and free equipment and you are  biting the hand that’s trying to help you , not very sensible is it , you are asking very simple questions one muinit then the next telling us you have done it before something doesn’t add up hear

Splash & dash

« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2019, 11:33:53 pm »
Is this the guy on the other forum who is claiming benefits and wanting to only work a few hours a month so he doesn’t loose them ???? Asking for very similar advice ?..

AuRavelling79

« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2019, 11:50:33 pm »
Is this the guy on the other forum who is claiming benefits and wanting to only work a few hours a month so he doesn’t loose them ???? Asking for very similar advice ?..

Looks like it.

WE DON'T NEED TWO TOPICS ON THIS - MERGED
It's a game of three halves!

James Styles

« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2019, 01:05:02 am »

No that’s not me, I want to be fully off benefits and working full time.
Look I’ve been in a bad mood today due to tragic news in the family a few days ago, so I apologise if I have been a nob in my replies to anybody, I honestly ain’t a bad guy I’ve just had a rough time in life and want to do something with my life. If people want I will be on my way.

James Styles

« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2019, 01:19:52 am »
I’d like to apologise to everyone, I acted poorly today on the forum, I let some personal life issues get the better of me, could admin please delete this thread so I could start a fresh on these forums, again many apologies.

Dave Willis

« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2019, 07:27:13 am »
“So if you take your £45,000 and allocate 15k for tax, 30k for yourself and the business. “

Sounds a lot of tax ???
Do you use an accountant or your fingers?

Shrek

« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2019, 07:31:18 am »
“So if you take your £45,000 and allocate 15k for tax, 30k for yourself and the business. “

Sounds a lot of tax ???
Do you use an accountant or your fingers?

I think he meant 15k for tax and large accountants bill 😂

Klean07

« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2019, 08:19:25 am »
Just read all five pages and came to the conclusion that Lee Pryor is winding everyone up! Different name of course!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2019, 08:38:34 am »
Looking back now it's a hard long road starting a window cleaning round.

Especially so when you are new as you don't have the knowledge or experience to grow the round fast.

It takes many years to not only master cleaning quickly but to also get the right customers and the right processes in place to maximise earnings

It all seems so easy now you forget how long the road was and how many hours of work were put in and how much money lost or wasted etc.

I started out with a absolutely nothing, just split up with my ex, homeless (my mum let me stay in her spare room lol but still) and jobless. Managed to find a part time job then invested everything I earned back into the business over the next 2-3 years.

It's only the past year where I've started being able to save money and feel comfortable.

It's not easy, forget equipment the biggest thing you'll need is determination, the weather, the customers the sleepless nights wondering how you can get more work etc.

Its the hardest thing I've ever done but the most rewarding. Not only physically but mentally as I was a person with low self esteem and confidence thinking I'll always be working for minimum wage and always be skint etc. But starting a business and actually succeeding has changed my mindset entirely and my woldrld view. I now know I am capable of doing anything I set my mind to. This game has not only changed my life financially but I have become a totally different person.

So embrace the hard road ahead, the only person that can stop you is you.

Shrek

« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2019, 08:41:03 am »
I remember spending an hour on a 1st clean for £6 ... only for the customer to fob me off and not pay  :'(