This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robbo333

Re: New here looking to start up
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2019, 09:14:31 pm »
You also need resilience and a thick skin in this game.

I worked for a window cleaner for 2 years back in 2007, he used to do them traditional way with ladders leather and scrim, was pretty simple, just seems some are trying to make this seem way more difficult then it actually is with the wfp nothing to do with needing a thick skin, it’s just cleaning windows.

Totally wrong.
Wibbly is right.
Unless you have a thick skin, you don't stand a chance dealing with customers.
You won't last 2 minutes.
You'll be 'winging' about the people on the nasty forum giving you a hard time. Oh you've already done that!
I'm based in Bournemouth.
If you can drag your sorry arse down here for a day, i'll take you out with me.
Up to you.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

P @ F

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2019, 09:21:41 pm »
Just as well make a day of it , Robbo aint majorly far from me , when you are done with him pop down to Plymouth and get all this free gear I offered you , then spend that money on a van or suitable car to put it in , within a week you will be minted because its that easy  ::)roll
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

James Styles

« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2019, 09:27:52 pm »

I worked for a window cleaner for 2 years back in 2007, he used to do them traditional way with ladders leather and scrim, was pretty simple, just seems some are trying to make this seem way more difficult then it actually is with the wfp nothing to do with needing a thick skin, it’s just cleaning windows.

Totally wrong.
Wibbly is right.
You'll be 'winging' about the people on the nasty forum giving you a hard time. Oh you've already done that!
Up to you.

I dealt with hundreds of customers back then, i chatted with them, dealt with any enquiries, collected money, no issues at all.
Nasty people on the forum haha don’t make me laugh, everyone on the internet thinks they are invincible behind a screen it’s just they way it is in the modern world, I just give it back.
No I don’t fancy driving 2 and a half hours to do your work for your lazy ass  :P

SB Cleaning

« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2019, 09:37:48 pm »

Totally wrong.
Wibbly is right.
Up to you.

I dealt with hundreds of customers back then, i chatted with them, dealt with any enquiries, collected money, no issues at all.
Nasty people on the forum haha don’t make me laugh, everyone on the internet thinks they are invincible behind a screen it’s just they way it is in the modern world, I just give it back.
No I don’t fancy driving 2 and a half hours to do your work for your lazy ass  :P
If your that used to it all why you on here asking for help?  ::)roll

P @ F

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2019, 09:38:09 pm »
You'll go far with that attitude for sure  ::)roll

James Styles

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2019, 09:39:30 pm »
Just as well make a day of it , Robbo aint majorly far from me , when you are done with him pop down to Plymouth and get all this free gear I offered you , then spend that money on a van or suitable car to put it in , within a week you will be minted because its that easy  ::)roll

I know it isn’t easy to build a big round, getting customers canvassing, marketing, building a good reputation etc, anyway I think you’ve served your purpose on my thread, thanks mate for the encouragement and useful information you have been a huge help   ::)roll

AuRavelling79

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2019, 09:41:33 pm »
Well James, I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water.

You have had a lot of good advice on here and I hope you succeed.
It's a game of three halves!

robbo333

« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2019, 09:45:35 pm »

Totally wrong.
Wibbly is right.
Up to you.

James
Good luck.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

James Styles

« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2019, 09:45:40 pm »

Totally wrong.
Wibbly is right.
Up to you.

If your that used to it all why you on here asking for help?  ::)roll

To ask about wfp equipment, if it’s worth going that route, which is the best products or if I should go traditional. Nothing to do with customer service. I’ve had some helpful replies, some have just been people trying to take the p.

Shrek

« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2019, 09:47:40 pm »

I find that offensive  :'(

It takes years to master the art of wfpoling

KS Cleaning

« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2019, 09:52:24 pm »

If it’s just cleaning windows, why all the questions?

James Styles

« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2019, 09:55:10 pm »

If it’s just cleaning windows, why all the questions?

My questions are about WFP equipment, how the system works and which backpacks/poles are best, not how to clean windows.

James Styles

« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2019, 10:00:43 pm »
I seen posts on another forum saying how aggressive/hostile/awkward these forums are but Jesus they was not kidding, luckily I can deal with it and just give it back but damn this place is hilarious, come here for some advice and it’s as if some of the window cleaners on here must have inferiority complex or something. Thanks to those who actually have been welcoming and tried to help.

P @ F

« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2019, 10:08:02 pm »
You have been offered a day out with an old timer  ;D  and free gear from another old timer , albeit it with a bit of a drive , would have only cost you petrol in order to save money to set up and see first hand how it all works , sadly though I feel you have burnt the bridge before you even got half way over the thing .

Good luck bud !

KS Cleaning

« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2019, 10:10:46 pm »
I seen posts on another forum saying how aggressive/hostile/awkward these forums are but Jesus they was not kidding, luckily I can deal with it and just give it back but damn this place is hilarious, come here for some advice and it’s as if some of the window cleaners on here must have inferiority complex or something. Thanks to those who actually have been welcoming and tried to help.
But what you don’t seem to be grasping is, people are trying to help by saying it’s not just a case of splashing some water on a window and they come up gleaming. There is a bit more to cleaning windows using  a water fed pole than you think.

cleaniac

« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2019, 10:11:35 pm »
Hiya James! ;D

Ok, I thought that I would make an effort and give you my opinion on what you should do. You say you have £2k in savings, and you dont want to "blow" it all on window cleaning equipment, but you need to change your mindset.

2 Grand is actually a fairly decent budget to get you started. I would use it all if you want to start up in window cleaning properly.

Van £800-£1200, (03 plate connect, combo, etc)
£1200-£800 left for poles, tank and bits and bobs, if you DIY you will be able to do all this.

Now when it comes down to generating the business, prepare to spend at least 5 years growing and honing the work before you have any sort of round that you can rely on for a decent income. If you canvass relentlessly, you might be able to bring in around £18k a year of new business,  and you will sit down, do the math and say to yourself well that's £90k in 5 years, jees window cleaners must rake it in!

But bear in mind UPTO 2 thirds of that business over the 5 year period will be: deaths, house moves, dross, messers, and "not today thankyous" I like to call them dead business. So you must account for that when you plan your growth

An EXAMPLE........

New Business Signups
Year 1) New :£18,300
Year 2) New: £14,500 - minus Dead Business YR1 £6,000
Year 3) New £16,600- minus Dead Business YR1 £5,700, YR2 £5,000
Year 4) New £12,300- minus Dead Business YR1 £800, YR2 £700, YR3 £2000
Year 5 New £9,500-minus Dead Business YR1 £300, YR2 £500, YR3 £1200, YR4 ,£4000

5 Year Summary

New signups £71,200
Minus Dead Business £26, 200
Customer list value after 5 years  £45,000

So thats sort of how it really goes, and dont forget the ones that are worth keeping you must always bear in mind that at the end of any working day, its likley that you will stacually only get a 3rd or half the payements in for the day with the rest of the payments to follow in 2 or 3 weeks, plus there are taxes to pay and expenses. Again, its best to try to think in terms of thirds.

So if you take your £45,000 and allocate 15k for tax, 30k for yourself and the business.

Its not so easy to make a living from it.. you have to really want it.  Many start up in this business becouse it looks like easy money, but more often than not they give up in 3 or 4 years.

James Styles

« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2019, 10:18:01 pm »
You have been offered a day out with an old timer  ;D  and free gear from another old timer , albeit it with a bit of a drive , would have only cost you petrol in order to save money to set up and see first hand how it all works , sadly though I feel you have burnt the bridge before you even got half way over the thing .

Good luck bud !

Sarcastically offered gear by the one taking the mick the most on my thread and doing nothing but knocking me, dude just bore off.

James Styles

« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2019, 10:19:56 pm »
But what you don’t seem to be grasping is, people are trying to help by saying it’s not just a case of splashing some water on a window and they come up gleaming. There is a bit more to cleaning windows using  a water fed pole than you think.

Yes I totally understand that and it’s why I’ve been asking for advice on wfp, I wasn’t coming on here for people to take the mick and just pick holes in everything and try discourage me, the ones who have genuinely gave me constructive advice I appreciate.

Splash & dash

« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2019, 10:22:22 pm »
I thought you were leaving the forum with mr Pryor ??? That’s what you said in your post wasn’t it ?????

cleaniac

« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2019, 10:23:21 pm »
Yeah i know.. ;D

::)roll ::)roll cant stay away! :-*