Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Re: Average wage for a window cleaner
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2019, 04:29:37 pm »
You have to price to the volume of quotes you want to convert.

If you quote 3 bed semis and £20 and get 5% of quotes vs quoting £8 and getting 90% then that is what it is, so decide what you want higher prices and less work or lower prices and more work

Despite what people say different areas do have different prices, i work in two citys currently, one considered more affluent than the other, higher house prices etc. In this area i get about 50% of quotes accepted compared to 25% in the city where i live at the same prices.

NWH

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2019, 04:32:34 pm »
I’ve heard GreenPro clean talk about prices should be the same up North as down South,this is never going to happen imo,a coffee is the same petrols the same etc.
The thing he fails to mention is that wages are not the same house prices are not the same,within 25-30 miles of me heading slightly north the same house can be in some cases almost double in value just because of a direct rail link to London where the train takes 55 minutes into Waterloo East,my point is the people in the more affluent area will always expect to have to pay more for any service,they are used to paying bigger mortgages more for there vehicles every month etc.
It obviously does still happen I know a couple of WCleaners who still charge lower amounts per clean but they are kept on almost for the  I feel sorry for him kind of reason,as soon as they go they are expecting the price to be 4x what they were paying before without a quibble if they see someone who’s running it as a business.

NWH

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2019, 04:39:30 pm »
Although some terrace and cul de sac work can be good earners myself I would try to steer clear,although 3 quick 15 quid jobs may seem good at the end of the day it’s 3 individual customers.
3 individual personalities 3 potential hold ups on any given day etc,you will always feel like your running with a higher amount of jobs per day even though it may pay well,I’ve had days in years gone by when I’ve earned the same amount in the same time,1 of the days may have been 15 jobs the other day may have been 3,I know what I’d rather do day to day.

NWH

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2019, 04:44:15 pm »
350 £4 customers per month

You 've got to be joking!......I hope? ::)roll

Joke 😂 - I’d of given up a long time ago if any of my customers were under £10 each  ::)roll

Why?I still clean some jobs which are under £10 and turn over roughly £45k a year working part time hours....

Mate I do this job to earn as much as I can in as least hours as possible. Having a minimum price helps me achieve this

i still clean some £5 fronts interspersed with my other cheap compact estate jobs...im still earning £40-£50 an hour on this work so im happy.....

What I’m saying is , if my prices were so low that I can’t even make 21k a year in my own business then what’s the flipping point. My uncle works for Royal Mail as a postie and takes home £600 a week
A postman doing a flat week without loads of overtime and I mean loads will not take home 600 a week and I know that for a fact,a lot stick at it because they are to far into the pension scheme,a couple I know want out but they’ve done 18-20 years and if they go it will almost collapse there pension. I think taking home 350-400 a week is a more realistic figure working a flat week.

Shrek

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2019, 05:23:35 pm »
350 £4 customers per month

You 've got to be joking!......I hope? ::)roll

Joke 😂 - I’d of given up a long time ago if any of my customers were under £10 each  ::)roll

Why?I still clean some jobs which are under £10 and turn over roughly £45k a year working part time hours....

Mate I do this job to earn as much as I can in as least hours as possible. Having a minimum price helps me achieve this

i still clean some £5 fronts interspersed with my other cheap compact estate jobs...im still earning £40-£50 an hour on this work so im happy.....

What I’m saying is , if my prices were so low that I can’t even make 21k a year in my own business then what’s the flipping point. My uncle works for Royal Mail as a postie and takes home £600 a week
A postman doing a flat week without loads of overtime and I mean loads will not take home 600 a week and I know that for a fact,a lot stick at it because they are to far into the pension scheme,a couple I know want out but they’ve done 18-20 years and if they go it will almost collapse there pension. I think taking home 350-400 a week is a more realistic figure working a flat week.

A flat week for night workers is around 500 take home including shift allowance and machine allowance , I know that for a fact because he’s showed me his wage slip.

NWH

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2019, 05:47:12 pm »
Did you say night worker and did you say 500 I think you said 6.

nathankaye

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2019, 05:47:58 pm »
When I quote new jobs or price anything it’s irrelevent to me what another cleaner may have charged or was charging,I’ve had many jobs over the years when I’ve gone along to price a job given a price of say 35 when they’ve said the other WCleaner used to charge around 18 or 20.
Makes no difference to me at all what another WCleaner charges I want what I want for any particular job,I don’t agree with the prices being the same south of London though if you compare what you would get for the equivalent property down here I can’t see them going for what I want for a large house down south up North.
If your a city worker earning 2-300 thousand a year 80-100 for your Windows to be cleaned on your house ain’t the end of the world.

Some is a mind set i agree. Theres a chap i know who charges the most in the areas and by a considerable amount too.  When i heard his prices i nearly choked (hes a chap  i know and believe).  Yet he gets the work still, so something is said for that. However at the same time Ive had a number of his customers ask me for quotes as they feel hes a bit expensive.  So yes he gets the work but keeping the work is something else. It wouldnt be too bad if he took it to 8 wks instead.
Yet there are plenty of areas where they would chase you out the area if you said 80 for cleaning their 3 bed terraced house.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2019, 06:00:54 pm »
GreenPro says you should charge the same in Derby-Nottingham etc as you charge in the South,well I know that’s not correct because he’s talking about doing houses for 12-15-20 quid.
Not many houses being cleaned for that sort of price  where I am,I saw a house that he did he mentioned it was around the 20 quid mark.
If he charged those kind of prices down south he’d be considered a cheap window cleaner.

Shrek

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2019, 06:14:40 pm »
Did you say night worker and did you say 500 I think you said 6.

Yes I did - he does overtime and takes home around 600 . Sounds a lot better than not earning 21k a year though donut

Status Check

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2019, 06:47:25 pm »
Green Pro has just mentioned in his last video that his average house price is around £14.60
To me that is very low but probably normal in Derbyshire.
Average house price in Bucks is around £20.00

RPCCS

Re: Average wage for a window cleaner New
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2019, 07:27:44 pm »
You should be earning a lot more RPWC, where do you live?

I suppose up north that’s probably an ok wage...

I’m in Essex and charge £20 for a 4 bed.
  I work in south Northumberland, in one of the estates I cover, there is a bunch of trad doleys doing the houses for a fiver, including porches and conservatories. One gaffer, one regular worker and about 3/ 4. others, different faces nearly every time. I have lost quite a few jobs to him as folk feeling the pinch.  I will not reduce my prices or match his.
So here in north east , we wouldn't be able to charge the price you can get in Essex
Cheers Rich

Stoots

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2019, 07:47:47 pm »
Green Pro has just mentioned in his last video that his average house price is around £14.60

He's in the Midlands, I think that's high, my average is £12 and I'm not cheap for my area...i would be considered north in Wakefield, but  further north worse it gets, up Tyneside prices will be lower still.

tlwcs

« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2019, 08:16:55 pm »

He's in the Midlands, I think that's high, my average is £12 and I'm not cheap for my area...i would be considered north in Wakefield, but  further north worse it gets, up Tyneside prices will be lower still.

No I think that’s cheap. He’s East Midlands I’m West Midlands with an average just shy of £20

zesty

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2019, 08:40:15 pm »

Gomo, if you can get into commercial, that’d probably be not much different (price wise) than down south. I reckon that’s the way to go for some of you guys up north. Tapping into commercial is lucrative...

RPCCS

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2019, 08:54:03 pm »

Gomo, if you can get into commercial, that’d probably be not much different (price wise) than down south. I reckon that’s the way to go for some of you guys up north. Tapping into commercial is lucrative...
I only do commercial for people I know already, commercial is very cut throat up here, its all about getting the job done cheap as possible,rather than have a regular trustworthy and reliable window cleaner .
Cheers Rich

NWH

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2019, 10:06:08 pm »
As for that postman’s wage working nights and overtime for 600 I’d say that was crap money for unsociable hours + overtime,I’ve not seen many happy postman on my travels that’s for sure they all moan about the job.

Shrek

« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2019, 10:10:35 pm »
As for that postman’s wage working nights and overtime for 600 I’d say that was crap money for unsociable hours + overtime,I’ve not seen many happy postman on my travels that’s for sure they all moan about the job.

Deliveries are crap , that’s why they’re unhappy. Talk to posties in mail centres , it’s a different story.
If you were given the choice of having your own business and earning 350 a week full time , no sick pay etc or a full time job on nights paying 600 - I’m sure most would go for the employment

Splash & dash

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2019, 10:13:30 pm »
One of my guys was a postman a phg ,was in the post office for 30years he wasn’t earning anything like that maximum of £450 and he was a manager , he’s glad to be out of it

Stoots

« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2019, 12:20:55 am »

No I think that’s cheap. He’s East Midlands I’m West Midlands with an average just shy of £20

Yeh but I'm not Midlands so I think it's high  ;D

Stoots

« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2019, 12:25:46 am »

Never bothered with it as couldn't find a way to get them, tried emails, cold calling etc but not much luck. Easier to build domestic work...

Done a few that came to me but never liked doing them, too.much red tape, wearing hi viz and using cones etc, having to sign in and out, can't do this or that. Then having to wait months to get paid. On top of that ones I did quote seemed to just want a cheaper price than I can earn on domestic.

Overall I've no interest in, happy doing domestic