This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H MAN

Simple ON/OFF shut off valve for WFP
« on: December 14, 2018, 08:56:31 am »
 Cheap solution to a WFP ON/OFF valve.
https://youtu.be/tNBBZHdL1q0

dazmond

Re: Simple ON/OFF shut off valve for WFP
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 09:03:14 am »
theres a more convenient solution available these days mate....its called a uni valve.......much better than a tap on a pole.....
price higher/work harder!

H MAN

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 09:10:35 am »
theres a more convenient solution available these days mate....its called a uni valve.......much better than a tap on a pole.....
You mean the one you have to pull the tubing with one hand while holding your pole in the other hand?
Yes that sounds very easy and convenient.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 09:14:21 am »
You mean the one you have to pull the tubing with one hand while holding your pole in the other hand?

it is.......dont forget your talking to experienced WFPolers on here who been using poles for many years,we ve tried all the taps taped/strapped to poles,the uni valve is FAR BETTER and easier,no loop of hose and is a joy to use....
price higher/work harder!

John Mart

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 09:36:44 am »

it is.......dont forget your talking to experienced WFPolers on here who been using poles for many years,we ve tried all the taps taped/strapped to poles,the uni valve is FAR BETTER and easier,no loop of hose and is a joy to use....
A tap suits me.  ;)

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 09:44:02 am »

It’s amazingly easy - convenient and reliable

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

H MAN

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 10:17:49 am »
Found connecting the fed tubing to shut off valve on the pole with the pole tubing on outside.
That you less of chance of tripping on hose.
As it not right at the base of the pole.
But everyone has there way of doing things just show how we do it.
By the way we used cable ties to put it onto the pole.
Also you only pay about 2 or 3 pound  each on Ebay for those 3/8 inch ball valves.
No special tubing needed use anything you have now.

mufcglen

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 10:38:12 am »
I use one of the tiny little Red push fit taps from gardiner, used to wear them out for fun dragging them about and then I decided to fit it just before the brush head at the top!

JackieW

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 11:55:23 am »
''You mean the one you have to pull the tubing with one hand while holding your pole in the other hand?
Yes that sounds very easy and convenient.''

As opposed to,

You mean the one you have to turn the tap off with one hand while holding your pole in the other hand?

H MAN

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 12:08:12 pm »
''You mean the one you have to pull the tubing with one hand while holding your pole in the other hand?
Yes that sounds very easy and convenient.''

As opposed to,

You mean the one you have to turn the tap off with one hand while holding your pole in the other hand?

No you only flick it with your thumb lightly.
While still holding pole with both hands.  ;) :D

SB Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 12:14:34 pm »

Why keep posting these crap ideas ??? I mean who wants that cable tied to their pole these days with the univalve available!!

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2018, 12:41:25 pm »
Do you remember the days when we used to wind our car windows up and down with a handle ::)roll
Even sunroofs had a windy handle. Why do they not make cars with these features any more?
I think we will look back and say do you remember when we used to use a tap on a pole to control water . I think those days are now!

Tris

John Mart

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2018, 12:45:16 pm »
Do you remember the days when we used to wind our car windows up and down with a handle ::)roll
Even sunroofs had a windy handle. Why do they not make cars with these features any more?
I think we will look back and say do you remember when we used to use a tap on a pole to control water . I think those days are now!

Tris
Except that a tap is a simpler movement than tugging a hose.  ;)

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2018, 12:49:55 pm »
I disagree

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2018, 12:55:31 pm »
I have been a window cleaner for 25 years.
17 years with the wfp.
2 recent improvements that i would not be without are the electric reel and the univalve
i have used taps,aquadapters, all the control devices.
The univalve is light,simple,  not seen, simple to use and reliable .

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2018, 01:26:26 pm »
Think you might be about 20 years too late with that one H MAN.

Surprised no one has thought of a tap on a pole before..... :-X

On a serious note I've worked like that with a tap on the pole, off the pole, pinching hose etc

A  univalve is quicker and easier

Stoots

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2018, 01:39:13 pm »

Why keep posting these crap ideas ??? I mean who wants that cable tied to their pole these days with the univalve available!!

Haha

I think if H MAN spent as much time cleaning windows as he does fannying about with crap idea after crap idea he might make enough money to buy the proper tool.

Actually that's a bit harsh, this was a good idea but as usual he is a bit too late to the market....he's still trying to flog that swivel handle....

nathankaye

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2018, 04:32:34 pm »
Heres one to blow your mind Hman, as i assume you work on a wfp trolley and not a van mount.
This is a modification that i tried out for a while on my trolley n pole which was even easier.
https://youtu.be/U3u_OvMaPVM
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2018, 04:49:57 pm »
The 90s called they want their technology back.

tlwcs

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2018, 05:47:46 pm »
You could star in a movie, back to the future. In your case it would be future to the back.
Been there, univalve is far superior and you can turn it on and off by standing on the hose, if you need 2 hands to support a heavy pole.
Good luck with it.