Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H MAN

Simple ON/OFF shut off valve for WFP
« on: December 14, 2018, 08:56:31 am »
 Cheap solution to a WFP ON/OFF valve.
https://youtu.be/tNBBZHdL1q0

dazmond

Re: Simple ON/OFF shut off valve for WFP
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 09:03:14 am »
theres a more convenient solution available these days mate....its called a uni valve.......much better than a tap on a pole.....
price higher/work harder!

H MAN

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 09:10:35 am »
theres a more convenient solution available these days mate....its called a uni valve.......much better than a tap on a pole.....
You mean the one you have to pull the tubing with one hand while holding your pole in the other hand?
Yes that sounds very easy and convenient.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 09:14:21 am »
You mean the one you have to pull the tubing with one hand while holding your pole in the other hand?

it is.......dont forget your talking to experienced WFPolers on here who been using poles for many years,we ve tried all the taps taped/strapped to poles,the uni valve is FAR BETTER and easier,no loop of hose and is a joy to use....

John Mart

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 09:36:44 am »

it is.......dont forget your talking to experienced WFPolers on here who been using poles for many years,we ve tried all the taps taped/strapped to poles,the uni valve is FAR BETTER and easier,no loop of hose and is a joy to use....
A tap suits me.  ;)

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 09:44:02 am »

It’s amazingly easy - convenient and reliable

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

H MAN

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 10:17:49 am »
Found connecting the fed tubing to shut off valve on the pole with the pole tubing on outside.
That you less of chance of tripping on hose.
As it not right at the base of the pole.
But everyone has there way of doing things just show how we do it.
By the way we used cable ties to put it onto the pole.
Also you only pay about 2 or 3 pound  each on Ebay for those 3/8 inch ball valves.
No special tubing needed use anything you have now.

mufcglen

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 10:38:12 am »
I use one of the tiny little Red push fit taps from gardiner, used to wear them out for fun dragging them about and then I decided to fit it just before the brush head at the top!

JackieW

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 11:55:23 am »
''You mean the one you have to pull the tubing with one hand while holding your pole in the other hand?
Yes that sounds very easy and convenient.''

As opposed to,

You mean the one you have to turn the tap off with one hand while holding your pole in the other hand?

H MAN

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 12:08:12 pm »
''You mean the one you have to pull the tubing with one hand while holding your pole in the other hand?

As opposed to,

You mean the one you have to turn the tap off with one hand while holding your pole in the other hand?

No you only flick it with your thumb lightly.
While still holding pole with both hands.  ;) :D

SB Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 12:14:34 pm »

Why keep posting these crap ideas ??? I mean who wants that cable tied to their pole these days with the univalve available!!

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2018, 12:41:25 pm »
Do you remember the days when we used to wind our car windows up and down with a handle ::)roll
Even sunroofs had a windy handle. Why do they not make cars with these features any more?
I think we will look back and say do you remember when we used to use a tap on a pole to control water . I think those days are now!

Tris

John Mart

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2018, 12:45:16 pm »
Do you remember the days when we used to wind our car windows up and down with a handle ::)roll
Even sunroofs had a windy handle. Why do they not make cars with these features any more?
I think we will look back and say do you remember when we used to use a tap on a pole to control water . I think those days are now!

Tris
Except that a tap is a simpler movement than tugging a hose.  ;)

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2018, 12:49:55 pm »
I disagree

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2018, 12:55:31 pm »
I have been a window cleaner for 25 years.
17 years with the wfp.
2 recent improvements that i would not be without are the electric reel and the univalve
i have used taps,aquadapters, all the control devices.
The univalve is light,simple,  not seen, simple to use and reliable .

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2018, 01:26:26 pm »
Think you might be about 20 years too late with that one H MAN.

Surprised no one has thought of a tap on a pole before..... :-X

On a serious note I've worked like that with a tap on the pole, off the pole, pinching hose etc

A  univalve is quicker and easier

Stoots

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2018, 01:39:13 pm »

Why keep posting these crap ideas ??? I mean who wants that cable tied to their pole these days with the univalve available!!

Haha

I think if H MAN spent as much time cleaning windows as he does fannying about with crap idea after crap idea he might make enough money to buy the proper tool.

Actually that's a bit harsh, this was a good idea but as usual he is a bit too late to the market....he's still trying to flog that swivel handle....

nathankaye

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2018, 04:32:34 pm »
Heres one to blow your mind Hman, as i assume you work on a wfp trolley and not a van mount.
This is a modification that i tried out for a while on my trolley n pole which was even easier.
https://youtu.be/U3u_OvMaPVM
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2018, 04:49:57 pm »
The 90s called they want their technology back.

tlwcs

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2018, 05:47:46 pm »
You could star in a movie, back to the future. In your case it would be future to the back.
Been there, univalve is far superior and you can turn it on and off by standing on the hose, if you need 2 hands to support a heavy pole.
Good luck with it.

Shrek

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2018, 05:50:14 pm »
My uni valve has a constant drip since I bought it - doing my head in! Are they supposed to do this?

P @ F

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2018, 06:03:25 pm »
Sounds like you need one of them new taps mate  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Smudger

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2018, 06:05:50 pm »
My uni valve has a constant drip since I bought it - doing my head in! Are they supposed to do this?

no send it back or replace the o ring

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Smudger

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2018, 06:06:48 pm »

Darran

sorry which end of the pole has the drip  ;D

P @ F

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2018, 06:15:20 pm »
My oldest one started to drip last year , I took the o ring out and put it in hot not boiling water for a minute and then smeared a bit of lithium grease on it and it hasnt leaked since , I did take note of which side was seated where and pit it back the opposite way .
If you want the strip down vid then Email me and I will send it back , last time I stuck it on youtube and found myself being followed by Steve of Exceed ....Ooops  ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2018, 06:29:00 pm »
I’ve been thinking of ripping the skin off a goat or maybe an antelope and rubbing windows with it. Could catch on. I tried the skins from eight legs - turned out to be two deer!

Plankton

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2018, 07:02:15 pm »
Univalve is good but the hose clip at the top keeps moving up the hose. I'll get round to putting another one on at some point...
I used to use the Gardiner valve and just taped it to the pole which pretty much the same as H Man's, as he says it's just a flick of the thumb to turn it on and off.
The Unger Hi Flo valve is my best purchase for price and longevity so far!

P @ F

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2018, 07:09:37 pm »
Univalve is good but the hose clip at the top keeps moving up the hose. I'll get round to putting another one on at some point...
I used to use the Gardiner valve and just taped it to the pole which pretty much the same as H Man's, as he says it's just a flick of the thumb to turn it on and off.
You should have a red plastic barb at the top where it T's of to the jets

Spruce

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2018, 07:15:18 pm »

...and add a flashing red led to warn low flying aircraft
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Plankton

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2018, 07:21:26 pm »
This  ??? https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/brush-fittings-jets-sockets-scrapers/red-clip-for-push-fit-t-connector-for-quick-loq.html

Plankton

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2018, 07:24:18 pm »
I'll be ordering another soon so it's the third dog ear that's meant to clamp the hose at the top of the angle adaptor.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNI-VALVE-MK2-NEW-WATERFED-POLE-TRIGGER-AQUADAPTER-SWITCH-WINDOW-CLEANING/191981211883

Dry Clean

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2018, 07:25:19 pm »

As opposed to,

There's no way would I want to hold a pole with one hand, with the tap I can rest the end of the pole against my thigh while I turn it off, much easier on the wrist.

NWH

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2018, 07:37:16 pm »
When my water is flowing I’m cleaning windows with it,I don’t know what all the fuss is about with taps and univalves etc.
I think the answer is to get a bigger tank so you don’t have to worry about a few litres wasted tbh,the best option is the new thing out which has a fob and is remote control it turns the pump off or pauses it.
I don’t like the thought of keeping the pump cycling I’d rather shut it off or have it running,problems I’ve had in the past with pumps was due to constantly dead ending it.

H MAN

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2018, 07:54:29 pm »
Heres one to blow your mind Hman, as i assume you work on a wfp trolley and not a van mount.
This is a modification that i tried out for a while on my trolley n pole which was even easier.
That could also use that remote to turn a ON/OFF  a solenoid valve.
That would be at the water tank??

P @ F

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2018, 08:02:51 pm »
This is what you want to do , second pic shows the part
The straight connector let’s you swap angle adapters

Plankton

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2018, 08:38:39 pm »
Right I see what you mean. I've got the old Gardiner swivel neck so need an extra bit of hose at the top for the swivel action, otherwise it would restrict the brush head movement. I'd need to have longer jet hose which you seem to have.

H MAN

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2018, 08:48:59 pm »
The difference with this is that it is not an over sized shut off valve.
But simple compact plastic one.
No faffing around with tugging hoses.
Flick on/off.
Connect the supple hose on the push fitting you right to go.
No dragging hose connections on the ground hooking on things as you go.
Yes it is an old idea but made easier to use and fraction of the price of a tugging switch. :o ::)roll

P @ F

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2018, 08:57:49 pm »
Yes , it is a good idea , as it was a long time ago , but it has been bettered .
Do you remember the mangle ( not Nel Mangle ) , the laundry mangle , well that got replaced by a spin cycle .
Its a bit like taking a washboard to Hotpoint HQ  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2018, 09:21:19 pm »
Flick on/off.
Yes it is an old idea but made easier to use and fraction of the price of a tugging switch. :o ::)roll

When i first switched over from trad to wfp, i had the tap valve from pure freedom and they had like a jubilee clips to keep the tap on the pole. But.......
You have your main hose and connect that to the tap and then the rest of your pole hose to the other side of the tap and depending the size of your pole, you have quite a big loop of hose by your feet.
Hated it, hoses all over the place and much more trip hazards than simply using ladders!

Not sure you can go on any wfp website and see poles set up that way Hman any more and i think thats for good reason
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

H MAN

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2018, 09:32:57 pm »
Flick on/off.

When i first switched over from trad to wfp, i had the tap valve from pure freedom and they had like a jubilee clips to keep the tap on the pole. But.......
You have your main hose and connect that to the tap and then the rest of your pole hose to the other side of the tap and depending the size of your pole, you have quite a big loop of hose by your feet.
Hated it, hoses all over the place and much more trip hazards than simply using ladders!

Not sure you can go on any wfp website and see poles set up that way Hman any more and i think thats for good reason
Here in the picture below we have Velcro holding the tubing on pole so it is not on the ground.
Once extended this goes up to 45 feet.
So there is not much tubing being held by the Velcro on the pole, not on the ground at your feet.

nathankaye

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2018, 09:42:38 pm »
So, if by any chance, your cleaning a run of houses on the same street, are you suggesting that after each house you wrap up the hose before moving on 🤔
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2018, 09:44:35 pm »
What a fantastic idea Herman, spend thousands on the worlds lightest poles then strap a load of water filled hose to it 🙄

H MAN

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2018, 09:51:30 pm »
What a fantastic idea Herman, spend thousands on the worlds lightest poles then strap a load of water filled hose to it 🙄
LOL When pole extended there  not that much tubing.
But if you like tugging your tubing and dragging hose connections on the ground getting hooked up on things that's OK. ;D

Shrek

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2018, 09:57:15 pm »

Darran

It keeps dripping at the brush end

Walter Mitty

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2018, 06:53:20 am »
I've recently developed a system that only uses about 15 litres of water per day, costs a minimal amount to run, and doesn't require expensive filtering equipment.

Step forward and take a bow - the t-bar applicator and bucket.

Available in a variety of colours it is durable, doesn't require a van with a high payload, and is readily available in most janitorial supply shops.  No taps or hoses needed.  Simply take your 3.5m double section ladder, extend it upwards, and start climbing.
I have many satisfied customers, such as Fred here:

TESTIMONIAL
Fred: "Until I bought Walter's ladder and bucket system I was lacking fitness, overweight, and shelling out loads of money on new tools and consumables.  Now, for under £200 per year and using less than 15 litres of water a day, I can climb, keep fit, and get paid for it too.  I would recommend Walter's system to anyone.  It really has changed my life.  I even receive NHS cover for broken legs when I fall off."

H MAN

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2018, 09:27:35 am »
Pros & Cons
Shut off valve on the pole like in video.

You can use with what you already have, with tubing running on the outside pole.

Not have to get special tubing to be able to turn off or on when tugging it.

No special clips to hold it onto tubing.

Not wearing a connection or hooking on to things as you go.

If you have tubing start to come loose or work out of push fitting you can just push back in as you see right away.

And if you happen to break it just replace it, 5 minute job few pound on Ebay.

But if you happy with what you have that’s OK everyone prefers a certain way of turning water ON/OFF.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2018, 07:21:54 pm »
Pros & Cons
Shut off valve on the pole like in video.

You can use with what you already have, with tubing running on the outside pole.

Not have to get special tubing to be able to turn off or on when tugging it.

No special clips to hold it onto tubing.

Not wearing a connection or hooking on to things as you go.

If you have tubing start to come loose or work out of push fitting you can just push back in as you see right away.

And if you happen to break it just replace it, 5 minute job few pound on Ebay.

But if you happy with what you have that’s OK everyone prefers a certain way of turning water ON/OFF.

wtf  ??? ;D :D

Bungle

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2018, 07:29:33 pm »

Darran

It keeps dripping at the brush end

WOOSH 😂 and you had the temerity to call me thick. Quality 😂
We look at them, they look through them.

Shrek

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2018, 07:47:28 pm »
You are thick bungle . Keep banging out those £5 houses eh

Plankton

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2018, 07:48:08 pm »
I don't think that was the world's lightest pole it was strapped to!
But to be fair it works and there's nowt wrong with it, it's just for noobs. (using the kids patter) Dawber is probably still kinking the hose... Unless someone has sent him a tester for YouTube.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2018, 08:04:11 pm »
Not many of them round Bungles way ;)

Bungle

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2018, 08:29:48 pm »

Shrek is still confused as to which end of the pole the drip is 😂
We look at them, they look through them.

H MAN

« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2018, 08:37:24 pm »
For the people that are interested in using these valves.
The ones we use get on ebay just type in (3/8" OD Tube Ball Valve Quick Connect Fitting Water Connection 5pcs)  about 6 pound for 5  ;) ;D

SB Cleaning

« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2018, 09:08:12 pm »

Shrek is still confused as to which end of the pole the drip is 😂
;D

SB Cleaning

« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2018, 09:09:39 pm »
The ones we use get on ebay just type in (3/8" OD Tube Ball Valve Quick Connect Fitting Water Connection 5pcs)  about 6 pound for 5  ;) ;D
I'm sure droves of people will be typing that into eBay  ::)roll

H MAN

« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2018, 09:45:05 pm »
YEP If they are interested to use these valves.
Better then paying 30 whatever pounds for just one ON/OFF valve. ;D

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2018, 10:34:47 pm »
I used to use a Cleantech trigger valve attached to the base of my poles. For me it seemed so fast because water control was at my fingertips the whole time I was working. However, when I tried out a Univalve it transformed my day. I found myself getting through more work. It’s lasted over two years and has payed for itself time and time again and it got rid of that ever so annoying pile of excess hose at my feet. For me, much better than a tap/valve strapped to my pole any day.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

dazmond

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2018, 12:09:02 am »
I used to use a Cleantech trigger valve attached to the base of my poles. For me it seemed so fast because water control was at my fingertips the whole time I was working. However, when I tried out a Univalve it transformed my day. I found myself getting through more work. It’s lasted over two years and has payed for itself time and time again and it got rid of that ever so annoying pile of excess hose at my feet. For me, much better than a tap/valve strapped to my pole any day.

Exactly...I've had 2 univalves for over 2 years and both still work as good as the day I bought them...

NO HASSLE
NO DRIPS
great.....

H MAN

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2018, 01:31:37 am »
Well this one is the best one in my opinion. :D
Should check it out video  if you have not looked at it yet.  ;)
Be some thing you could use all day no need to tug your tube. ;D

SB Cleaning

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2018, 07:21:34 am »
It really isn't better though ::)roll

H MAN

« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2018, 08:31:56 am »
Isn't better in which way price, the way it works. ???
Better then what. ???

Simon Trapani

« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2018, 09:02:58 am »
H Man, have you ever actually used a Uni Valve? Go use one and with all due respect you'll see your idea is crap. You're just showing us a tap cable tied to a pole.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2018, 09:04:24 am »
Isn't better in which way price, the way it works. ???
Better then what. ???
The univalve is the best product for turning water on and off by a country mile...your idea went out with the dinosaurs Herman...it's been talked about countless times why the univalve is the best so use the search button :D
Or better still go use one yourself!!
Your idea is not helping anyone.

H MAN

« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2018, 09:42:39 am »
OK it is still  turning the water off/on manually.
As said earlier that this video will be the next thing to a on/off switch.
Operate via push button remote on you pole seen in video.

Or to have a remote for solenoid on/off water valve connected to water trolley or water tank connection  in your van.
Call it future of window cleaning.

tlwcs

« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2018, 12:02:43 pm »
Are you paid by click on YouTube?

Shrek

« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2018, 12:07:49 pm »

Or to have a remote for solenoid on/off water valve connected to water trolley or water tank connection  in your van.

The battery isn’t going to last on that thing if your using it all day long . A standard 3 bed semi will have you turning the water off 8-10 times if switching off in between windows. so if someone is cleaning 20 houses a day they’d be switching water on/off upto 200 times a day. Battery operated is no good

SB Cleaning

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2018, 01:07:12 pm »

Can't see it replacing the univalve anytime soon.

nathankaye

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2018, 01:07:49 pm »
Erm.....

I did this some time ago and it was on a pole which in use with a trolley. Like most with a van mount the trolley is used periodically and this worked great as i didnt need to worry about the range on the signal as the trolley is quite close to me.
However as many are saying, there are better alternatives and as i mentioned previously on this thread you can already get a remote system for the van mount but it is costly,  a whole lot more than a simple univalve for instance.   

I use a tap system still which you all know and its even on my channel but i operate it at waist level.  I now use the univalve with the trolley and again i have a review on both on my channel.  At first the univalve takes a little getting used to, as in where to hold the pole whilst turning on/off because i was used to other methods. Yet now i think its great.

Ive also used the gardiner on/off gooseneck, where you simply twist the pole.  I initially thought that was great but soon it hit many problems and basically broke quite early on.  I use a slightly heavier brush and the swivel kept turning when i didnt want it to and the slugs to tighten needed to be really tight due to the brush etc etc. Im sure it works great for others but the univalve certainly works well.
But ultimately i still prefer the tap on the waist.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

robbo333

« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2018, 05:02:25 pm »

That certainly is a cheap solution, and well done for putting it on this forum.

However, good window cleaners earn good money (I hope you do too). We are NOT interested in CHEAP solutions. We are interested in which new ideas will SAVE us money, throughout the year. We are thinking more...long term!

We look at a problem and we think of every single inch of it. For instance, you have a coil of hose that needs to be extended and retrieved every time. The pi55ing around of that will far outweigh any benefits of your tap.

Yes the Univalve is initially more expensive, but it will become cost effective over the year.

I don't suppose you could invent an 'on demand diesel hot water system' that costs £1K , is safe, efficient to use, and does not involve any cable ties!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2018, 05:13:23 pm »
Hi H Man  I use something similar it cheap and does the job  I use to use a trigger but they start  to wear after a few month s and develope  leaks.
Spit and polish

Spotfree

« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2018, 08:09:21 pm »

H MAN

« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2018, 08:19:07 pm »

Splash & dash

« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2018, 08:41:42 pm »
Good heavens that pole should be in a museum, we stopped using things like that 15 years ago , I didn’t realise Australia was so far behind the rest of the world 

SB Cleaning

« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2018, 08:41:49 pm »
Looks like Alex Gardiner has read this thread.

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/whats-new/wfp-link-coming-soon.html
Well there you go anyone tried this yet ;D
Nope and i doubt that he will sell that many..

£200 is a lot of money...still no univalve beater imo.

Not all of Gardiners products are good.

H MAN

« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2018, 09:13:49 pm »

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/whats-new/wfp-link-coming-soon.html

£200 is a lot of money...still no univalve beater imo

Heard that somewhere before.
 OH that's right when they first brought a water fed pole out many years ago. ;D

H MAN

« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2018, 09:21:47 pm »
The main reason put this up is.
To show that you do not need a large industrial shut off tap with assortment of brass connections to attach the tubing /hose.
As see most people use.
THE PEOPLE THAT USE THEM.
Also connecting over sized air connections on tubing seems a bit of over kill for what you are using it for.
Using smaller plastic shut off valve that works just as good as the big ones.
Easy PUSH fitting to connect tubing/hose.
There are people that use them.

windowswashed

« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2018, 09:28:43 pm »

It works fine and one can increase or decrease the increments in 10, it's good and convenient now I'm getting use to it

dazmond

« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2018, 11:15:16 pm »
stubborn as an old goat is H MAN!.......... ;D

dazmond

« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2018, 11:17:53 pm »

I agree...i wasnt impressed with the aqua tap either that alex tried to bring to the market a few years ago,nowhere near as good as the univalve........

Plankton

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2018, 11:44:59 pm »
Good heavens that pole should be in a museum, we stopped using things like that 15 years ago , I didn’t realise Australia was so far behind the rest of the world
Wait till they get their hands on a Betamax VCR

H MAN

« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2018, 04:22:02 am »

It works fine and one can increase or decrease the increments in 10, it's good and convenient now I'm getting use to it

HERE'S A INTRO VIDEO FOR IT GIVE YOU A BETTER IDEA OF HOW IT WORKS.
https://youtu.be/jYPEPr5e72U

H MAN

« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2018, 05:09:00 am »
Yes  you right very good got that one about 17 years ago just use this to show how the valve fits on a pole.

H MAN

« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2018, 04:34:07 am »

So looks like this is going to be the way go in the future ??? ??? :D

tlwcs

« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2018, 05:27:18 pm »

So looks like this is going to be the way go in the future ??? ??? :D

I’m sure if it takes off H MAN you will be able to dumb down at a later date.
If you think an Exceed univalve is expensive, you’ll have a field day with this.
Merry Christmas H
Tony

Slacky

« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2018, 05:51:36 pm »
HMAN hows that horse and cart coming on these days?

Slacky

« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2018, 05:54:17 pm »
I did a job this morning, the first one of the day, that would’ve taken the best part of a full day if done traditionally. Additionally, I would’ve been too knackered to move on to anything else afterwards if it had been done off a ladder.  And a small portion of the place wouldn’t have been cleaned at all.

Being that it was done with a pole it was knocked out in 90 minutes, I earnt  £155.00 from that.

This is what progress does for you HMAN.

Keep up...

Plankton

« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2018, 06:18:12 pm »
Yes  you right very good got that one about 17 years ago just use this to show how the valve fits on a pole.
LOL you see how he just missed the Betamax VCR... They've not heard of it yet! ;D

H MAN

« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2018, 05:51:54 am »
LOL you see how he just missed the Betamax VCR... They've not heard of it yet! ;D
Very observant. ::)roll
Some mothers do have them :-* ;D

david mark

« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2018, 09:49:06 am »
I made a bracket that holds a stainless steel ball valve which clamps on via a adjustable clamp which fits on the base of most poles .All I needs is to find a tooling company to make the final product as it in made from aluminium. It need to be  made in plastic  for a professional looking finish.