This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shrek

Re: Simple ON/OFF shut off valve for WFP
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2018, 05:50:14 pm »
My uni valve has a constant drip since I bought it - doing my head in! Are they supposed to do this?

P @ F

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2018, 06:03:25 pm »
Sounds like you need one of them new taps mate  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Smudger

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2018, 06:05:50 pm »
My uni valve has a constant drip since I bought it - doing my head in! Are they supposed to do this?

no send it back or replace the o ring

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2018, 06:06:48 pm »

no send it back or replace the o ring

Darran

sorry which end of the pole has the drip  ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2018, 06:15:20 pm »
My oldest one started to drip last year , I took the o ring out and put it in hot not boiling water for a minute and then smeared a bit of lithium grease on it and it hasnt leaked since , I did take note of which side was seated where and pit it back the opposite way .
If you want the strip down vid then Email me and I will send it back , last time I stuck it on youtube and found myself being followed by Steve of Exceed ....Ooops  ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2018, 06:29:00 pm »
I’ve been thinking of ripping the skin off a goat or maybe an antelope and rubbing windows with it. Could catch on. I tried the skins from eight legs - turned out to be two deer!

Plankton

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2018, 07:02:15 pm »
Univalve is good but the hose clip at the top keeps moving up the hose. I'll get round to putting another one on at some point...
I used to use the Gardiner valve and just taped it to the pole which pretty much the same as H Man's, as he says it's just a flick of the thumb to turn it on and off.
The Unger Hi Flo valve is my best purchase for price and longevity so far!

P @ F

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2018, 07:09:37 pm »
Univalve is good but the hose clip at the top keeps moving up the hose. I'll get round to putting another one on at some point...
I used to use the Gardiner valve and just taped it to the pole which pretty much the same as H Man's, as he says it's just a flick of the thumb to turn it on and off.
You should have a red plastic barb at the top where it T's of to the jets

Spruce

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2018, 07:15:18 pm »

...and add a flashing red led to warn low flying aircraft
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Plankton

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2018, 07:21:26 pm »
This  ??? https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/brush-fittings-jets-sockets-scrapers/red-clip-for-push-fit-t-connector-for-quick-loq.html

Plankton

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2018, 07:24:18 pm »
I'll be ordering another soon so it's the third dog ear that's meant to clamp the hose at the top of the angle adaptor.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNI-VALVE-MK2-NEW-WATERFED-POLE-TRIGGER-AQUADAPTER-SWITCH-WINDOW-CLEANING/191981211883

Dry Clean

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2018, 07:25:19 pm »
''You mean the one you have to pull the tubing with one hand while holding your pole in the other hand?
Yes that sounds very easy and convenient.''

As opposed to,

You mean the one you have to turn the tap off with one hand while holding your pole in the other hand?
Yes that sounds very easy and convenient.

There's no way would I want to hold a pole with one hand, with the tap I can rest the end of the pole against my thigh while I turn it off, much easier on the wrist.

NWH

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2018, 07:37:16 pm »
When my water is flowing I’m cleaning windows with it,I don’t know what all the fuss is about with taps and univalves etc.
I think the answer is to get a bigger tank so you don’t have to worry about a few litres wasted tbh,the best option is the new thing out which has a fob and is remote control it turns the pump off or pauses it.
I don’t like the thought of keeping the pump cycling I’d rather shut it off or have it running,problems I’ve had in the past with pumps was due to constantly dead ending it.

H MAN

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2018, 07:54:29 pm »
Heres one to blow your mind Hman, as i assume you work on a wfp trolley and not a van mount.
This is a modification that i tried out for a while on my trolley n pole which was even easier.
https://youtu.be/U3u_OvMaPVM
That could also use that remote to turn a ON/OFF  a solenoid valve.
That would be at the water tank??

P @ F

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2018, 08:02:51 pm »
This is what you want to do , second pic shows the part
The straight connector let’s you swap angle adapters

Plankton

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2018, 08:38:39 pm »
Right I see what you mean. I've got the old Gardiner swivel neck so need an extra bit of hose at the top for the swivel action, otherwise it would restrict the brush head movement. I'd need to have longer jet hose which you seem to have.

H MAN

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2018, 08:48:59 pm »
The difference with this is that it is not an over sized shut off valve.
But simple compact plastic one.
No faffing around with tugging hoses.
Flick on/off.
Connect the supple hose on the push fitting you right to go.
No dragging hose connections on the ground hooking on things as you go.
Yes it is an old idea but made easier to use and fraction of the price of a tugging switch. :o ::)roll

P @ F

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2018, 08:57:49 pm »
Yes , it is a good idea , as it was a long time ago , but it has been bettered .
Do you remember the mangle ( not Nel Mangle ) , the laundry mangle , well that got replaced by a spin cycle .
Its a bit like taking a washboard to Hotpoint HQ  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2018, 09:21:19 pm »
Flick on/off.
Yes it is an old idea but made easier to use and fraction of the price of a tugging switch. :o ::)roll

When i first switched over from trad to wfp, i had the tap valve from pure freedom and they had like a jubilee clips to keep the tap on the pole. But.......
You have your main hose and connect that to the tap and then the rest of your pole hose to the other side of the tap and depending the size of your pole, you have quite a big loop of hose by your feet.
Hated it, hoses all over the place and much more trip hazards than simply using ladders!

Not sure you can go on any wfp website and see poles set up that way Hman any more and i think thats for good reason
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

H MAN

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2018, 09:32:57 pm »
Flick on/off.

When i first switched over from trad to wfp, i had the tap valve from pure freedom and they had like a jubilee clips to keep the tap on the pole. But.......
You have your main hose and connect that to the tap and then the rest of your pole hose to the other side of the tap and depending the size of your pole, you have quite a big loop of hose by your feet.
Hated it, hoses all over the place and much more trip hazards than simply using ladders!

Not sure you can go on any wfp website and see poles set up that way Hman any more and i think thats for good reason
Here in the picture below we have Velcro holding the tubing on pole so it is not on the ground.
Once extended this goes up to 45 feet.
So there is not much tubing being held by the Velcro on the pole, not on the ground at your feet.