Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tom20001

Adwords
« on: October 13, 2018, 11:19:45 am »
Been a bit quiet in recent weeks so be doing bit of spring cleaning on paperwork etc

Worked out average cost of job I’m get from Adwords ,ie number of jobs I get from it versus what I spend on it and I was shocked to see it varies from €28 to €36 cost per job.

Any of you have similar I could compare to as it seems incredibly high even though I only use it to advertise gutter cleaning which is more lucrative than window cleaning for us

bobplum

Re: Adwords
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 03:25:36 pm »
Been a bit quiet in recent weeks so be doing bit of spring cleaning on paperwork etc

Worked out average cost of job I’m get from Adwords ,ie number of jobs I get from it versus what I spend on it and I was shocked to see it varies from €28 to €36 cost per job.

Any of you have similar I could compare to as it seems incredibly high even though I only use it to advertise gutter cleaning which is more lucrative than window cleaning for us
...doesnt it all depend on how you set it out, ie keywords etc and price per click, maybe its not set properly??

John Mart

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 04:08:05 pm »
Have you divided the total cost divided by the number of jobs? Why have you not just got one figure instead of a range?

tom20001

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 09:50:45 pm »
The range figure was just from the month to month way I done it. Just surprised it was a lot higher than I expected.

Ad is set up well in terms of quality score and page rank and stuff 👍

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 11:31:31 am »
How many enquires are you getting that do not turn into work?

AdWords is a relatively expensive way to advertise for lower value work

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

John Mart

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 03:14:16 pm »
I worked out that the cost of leafleting was around £25 a customer. Each customer is worth £150 a year on average, but it excludes the value of the gutter/fascias/conservatories that we get out of about 1 in 5 new regular jobs. Adwords is rubbish for regular jobs in my experience and I stopped it a couple of years ago. Obviously, you aren't using it for windows.

Ian101

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 11:04:18 pm »
Make sure you have lots of relevant negative keywords set up