Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Jester of Wibbly

Squeegy Preference
« on: October 06, 2018, 05:09:57 pm »
What's your squeegy preference these days.

Been using moerman liquidator squeegee for a while and finding it ok but prefered a more heavier option.  In two minds about changing.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

lal

Re: Squeegy Preference
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 05:20:10 pm »
I use the Moerman Liquidator, plus the Wagtail Highflyer

Slash

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 07:04:38 pm »
I've tried them all but went back to my unger 10 and 14 and 18 inch unger ergotec squeegee ,can't be beaten.

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 07:51:41 pm »
I liked the pulex channels and just dog ear the rubber. Never got on with unger, though I do like their pouches, T bars and mops.

Never used them and probably never will with being wfp now, but I do like the idea of the wagtail range, especially if doing any trad pole work
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Johnny B

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 01:42:10 am »
I have 3 channels for everyday use: 12 inch which I think may be an SYR (I bought it when I started 21 years ago and the lettering has gone), a 14 inch Pulex and an 18 inch (also Pulex I think). I've dog-eared them all and they all give satisfactory performances, but I am considering replacing them with the Unger S-plus channels.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

GAZZA B

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 07:06:38 am »
Ninja all the way for me, i have tried them all! perfect for all jobs and very strong

Gazza

paul alan

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 08:57:35 am »
Had a 12" wagtail for years now, its the best for me by a country mile.

Bought a Moerman accelerator but it's unused, don't like it at all.

lal

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 12:49:49 pm »
I have 3 channels for everyday use: 12 inch which I think may be an SYR (I bought it when I started 21 years ago and the lettering has gone), a 14 inch Pulex and an 18 inch (also Pulex I think). I've dog-eared them all and they all give satisfactory performances, but I am considering replacing them with the Unger S-plus channels.

John

Hi Johnny, i tried the Unger S-plus channels, some time back, thinking because Unger had Dog eared them in production, they
would be good, but i couldn't get on with them, they kept leaving water trails, i tried changing rubbers, angle of squeegee on
glass to no avail.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 03:07:44 pm »
Liquidator...takes a certain technique but brilliant once mastered  :)

Johnny B

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 04:48:31 pm »

John

Hi Johnny, i tried the Unger S-plus channels, some time back, thinking because Unger had Dog eared them in production, they
would be good, but i couldn't get on with them, they kept leaving water trails, i tried changing rubbers, angle of squeegee on
glass to no avail.

Hi Lal, thanks for sharing your experience. Did you by any chance try the Razrblade red rubbers? In my experience they are the best I have used, not only in terms of glide and water removal, but their longevity too.

Regards,
John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

CSJ89

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2018, 07:18:13 pm »
Unger ergotec NINJA
although I do still love the standard ergotec, cant be beat...

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2018, 05:25:47 pm »
standard ergotech with the big handles and S channel(due to very large hands!)had them years..perfect...no need to change for the little bit of trad work i still do...

i do use the unger ninja scraper too with stainless steel blades..great bit of kit....
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 07:28:07 am »
I’ve had my hands a long time too.

aztec

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 06:29:47 pm »
unger ergotech with a soft rubber

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2018, 06:45:10 pm »
unger ergotech with a soft rubber

same.....all the dog earing squeegees or so called zero detailing squeegees dont work...theres always a little bit of detailing to do whatever squeegee you use....
price higher/work harder!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2018, 02:42:47 pm »
Just tried out the unger s plus. Impressed so far. 

Moerman has gone in the bin.  Handle spring has broke and changing rubbers is tight.  Probably damaging the rubbers causing the issues.

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2018, 08:51:36 pm »
Original wagtail flipper.
Comfortably Numb!

Dave Willis

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2018, 09:00:22 pm »
Wagtail Highflyer looks interesting but rather pricey.