Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 31,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Marc Stock

Dental Practice in Ottershaw.
« on: September 14, 2018, 12:29:37 pm »
Just got an enquiry from this dental practice in Ottershaw.

So i ring them up, and i asked them if they already have a window cleaner, which they confirmed they did. So i asked her why are they looking for quotes, and she said that thier current window cleaner is overcharging them for only cleaning one window; outside.

Now i know this place, and explained to her i used to clean the windows for Dr xxxxe back in 2003 when he owned it; if she told me how much they are paying; i'd be able to let her know if it was a bit on the high side or not.

"50" she said. Suprised...i said that is a bit steep for one window.  I used to charge Dr xxxxe 18 per clean back in 2003. So the new price for 2018 would be about 30 but that would be inside and out depending on the frequency give or take.

"Our current window cleaner does them weekly" so hang on i asked. Its costing you at least 200 a month to have one window cleaned, no wonder you are looking for cheaper quotes.

"Oh no" thats 50 per month on average, so 12.50 per clean. She said.

So i told her well i think thats a fairly competitive price already, and you may be shooting yourself in the foot trying to get it cheaper than that.

"Well my boss has a lady that cleans the other store windows, all of them for only 6" so i finished like this.

Well put it this way, she isnt declaring her taxes, or is doing it for cash. There is no way a window cleaner is going to drive to your store, to sit in traffic, to get his equipment out on a weekly basis for less than 12.50. I cant even compete with that, and i wouldnt want to.

So if the guy that cleans a dental practice somehere in Ottershaw is reading this.....

Wibble ( Paul )

Re: Dental Practice in Ottershaw.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 01:34:59 pm »
I would have said. "how much do you charge for a dental check up then?"

;D ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up. http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

KS Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 01:38:43 pm »
I would have asked if they would rather go on a 4 weekly schedule at an agreed price which in effect would save them money.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 03:09:40 pm »
What do you mean by one window? A floor to ceiling frontage? A large bay? Or literally one 1200 x 1200 window?

What do you mean by a store? Doesn't seem to match a "Dental Practice."

What are the "other stores" that "the lady does"?
"Get some (perspective). Go and visit someone in hospital or a home." - G. Griffin

Bungle

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 08:17:42 pm »
Get em to call the ionics geezer. He can do a shed load of work in an hour, so will probably knock that job out in 3 minutes flat. Probs will only charge 2.50 👍

duncan h

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 08:42:23 pm »
1 window ? 1 large bay window? They all sound over priced to me

Marc Stock

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 09:37:35 pm »
Its a shop window. Large shop window. It was a shop many years ago but for the last 20 years its been a dental practice.

tlwcs

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 08:06:05 am »
Get em to call the ionics geezer. He can do a shed load of work in an hour, so will probably knock that job out in 3 minutes flat. Probs will only charge 2.50 👍

I doubt that bungle, he'll have to repay the 6 billion he shelled out for the ionics pole 😁

Slacky

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2018, 09:33:15 am »
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Gomo

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 11:48:27 am »
12.50 to clean the outside of that?  its a 2-3 minute job

id do it for a tenner as long as they paid without having to send out invoices etc.

obv it would have to be local if weekly so passing regular

Walter Mitty

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2018, 03:24:18 pm »
I do a job with a large pane on either side of double doors in and out for 13.  So two panes and two doors.  The job takes 10 minutes, 15 if I'm feeling lazy.  It's hassle free.  The total volume of glass is a little larger than the one pictured but there are no blinds in the way and it's all in a straight line.  It's once a month.
It's not the greatest priced job, but I'm okay with that as I have other work nearby.  I clean the outsides trad.  It seems a fair price, but I would up it if it was well out of the way on its own.

paul alan

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2018, 04:06:29 pm »
looks like 4 panes and a door to me