Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Marc Stock

Dental Practice in Ottershaw.
« on: September 14, 2018, 12:29:37 pm »
Just got an enquiry from this dental practice in Ottershaw.

So i ring them up, and i asked them if they already have a window cleaner, which they confirmed they did. So i asked her why are they looking for quotes, and she said that thier current window cleaner is overcharging them for only cleaning one window; outside.

Now i know this place, and explained to her i used to clean the windows for Dr xxxxe back in 2003 when he owned it; if she told me how much they are paying; i'd be able to let her know if it was a bit on the high side or not.

"£50" she said. Suprised...i said that is a bit steep for one window.  I used to charge Dr xxxxe £18 per clean back in 2003. So the new price for 2018 would be about £30 but that would be inside and out depending on the frequency give or take.

"Our current window cleaner does them weekly" so hang on i asked. Its costing you at least £200 a month to have one window cleaned, no wonder you are looking for cheaper quotes.

"Oh no" thats £50 per month on average, so £12.50 per clean. She said.

So i told her well i think thats a fairly competitive price already, and you may be shooting yourself in the foot trying to get it cheaper than that.

"Well my boss has a lady that cleans the other store windows, all of them for only £6" so i finished like this.

Well put it this way, she isnt declaring her taxes, or is doing it for cash. There is no way a window cleaner is going to drive to your store, to sit in traffic, to get his equipment out on a weekly basis for less than £12.50. I cant even compete with that, and i wouldnt want to.

So if the guy that cleans a dental practice somehere in Ottershaw is reading this.....

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: Dental Practice in Ottershaw.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 01:34:59 pm »
I would have said. "how much do you charge for a dental check up then?"

;D ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

KS Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 01:38:43 pm »
I would have asked if they would rather go on a 4 weekly schedule at an agreed price which in effect would save them money.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 03:09:40 pm »
What do you mean by one window? A floor to ceiling frontage? A large bay? Or literally one 1200 x 1200 window?

What do you mean by a store? Doesn't seem to match a "Dental Practice."

What are the "other stores" that "the lady does"?
It's a game of three halves!

Bungle

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 08:17:42 pm »
Get em to call the ionics geezer. He can do a shed load of work in an hour, so will probably knock that job out in 3 minutes flat. Probs will only charge £2.50 👍
We look at them, they look through them.

duncan h

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 08:42:23 pm »
1 window ? 1 large bay window? They all sound over priced to me

Marc Stock

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 09:37:35 pm »
Its a shop window. Large shop window. It was a shop many years ago but for the last 20 years its been a dental practice.

tlwcs

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 08:06:05 am »
Get em to call the ionics geezer. He can do a shed load of work in an hour, so will probably knock that job out in 3 minutes flat. Probs will only charge £2.50 👍

I doubt that bungle, he'll have to repay the 6 billion he shelled out for the ionics pole 😁

Slacky

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2018, 09:33:15 am »

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 11:48:27 am »
£12.50 to clean the outside of that?  its a 2-3 minute job

id do it for a tenner as long as they paid without having to send out invoices etc.

obv it would have to be local if weekly so passing regular

Walter Mitty

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2018, 03:24:18 pm »
I do a job with a large pane on either side of double doors in and out for £13.  So two panes and two doors.  The job takes 10 minutes, 15 if I'm feeling lazy.  It's hassle free.  The total volume of glass is a little larger than the one pictured but there are no blinds in the way and it's all in a straight line.  It's once a month.
It's not the greatest priced job, but I'm okay with that as I have other work nearby.  I clean the outsides trad.  It seems a fair price, but I would up it if it was well out of the way on its own.

paul alan

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2018, 04:06:29 pm »
looks like 4 panes and a door to me