This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richyp

tracking advise
« on: March 21, 2018, 12:05:56 pm »
i am pretty close to signing a 3 year deal  at 24.00 per van for vehicle tracking and a dash cam  from RAM tracking. Am I making a mistake because there are better deals or better companies to deal with or is RAM a good reliable company. had an online demo and seems to be good but I have no experience with trackers so any advice would be greatly appreciated .

richy

Perfect Windows

Re: tracking advise
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 05:20:16 pm »
Per Month?

Have a look here: https://www.quartix.net/vehicle-tracking-prices/system-rental.php

Rent the tracker, buy a camera.

Been perfect for me.

Vin

richyp

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 08:49:13 pm »
Hi vin yes that is per month. I think it was 11.99 plus vat per van for the tracking alone. How much is your if you don't mind me asking mate ?

R

Phil J

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 09:42:15 pm »
Hey Richy,
Just signed up with AMS. £9.95 per month and a free dash cam. Twelve month contract. Worth a look mate.

richyp

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 11:47:28 pm »
Hi Phil , are you sure ams still have that offer on because what I seen it was 120 for the dash cam ?

R

jo5hm4n

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 05:40:26 pm »
Hi Phil , are you sure ams still have that offer on because what I seen it was 120 for the dash cam ?

R

Richyp, i'm about to sign a contract with AMS, i could not get that deal the best deal i could get was the £9.95 but have to pay £120 for dashcam.  They seem alot better priced than RAM.  I've got several quotes and i am most happy with AMS.

I will be signing with them very soon.

richyp

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 08:10:16 pm »
Hi John does this ams do the same as ram as I haven't had a demo. The demo for ram was pretty impressive got to say but I think the 3 year deal put me off.

R

Phil J

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 06:31:01 am »
Hey Richy,
Their software is great, you can see every movement of your vehicle throughout  the day and set up text alerts to let you know when the vehicle move at the start and end of the day. The thing I liked best was the 12 month contract, then it just rolls over at £9.95 per month until you want to cancel. They do charge £60 to remove the tracker, but it's better than being tied in for 3 years. As far as the dash cam deal goes, they called me back and offered it, so it may be worth your while asking for it! Good luck, Phil.

richyp

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 10:53:48 am »
Hey Richy,
Their software is great, you can see every movement of your vehicle throughout  the day and set up text alerts to let you know when the vehicle move at the start and end of the day. The thing I liked best was the 12 month contract, then it just rolls over at £9.95 per month until you want to cancel. They do charge £60 to remove the tracker, but it's better than being tied in for 3 years. As far as the dash cam deal goes, they called me back and offered it, so it may be worth your while asking for it! Good luck, Phil.

Just signed up with them but had to pay the 125 per cam unfortunately but thanks for the advice matey.

R

jo5hm4n

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 06:56:04 pm »
Hey Richy,

Just signed up with them but had to pay the 125 per cam unfortunately but thanks for the advice matey.

R

richy ive just signed with them today, got the £9.95 per month and the £125 for dashcam, but ultimately i think it's worth it and rather that than being tied in for 3 years.

See how it goes!

richyp

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 07:23:51 pm »
thanks for the help and advice people.. do the cams record even when the vehicle is stationary because my ex had someone smash my windscreen a few weeks ago and thought it would be ideal. I know some cams come on when they sense movement.

r

Phil J

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2018, 07:42:06 am »
The technician told me they can hook it up to record when the vehicle is parked  up for the evening, but it will drain your battery so if it's left all weekend that could be an issue!

Rogue Trader

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2018, 07:28:05 am »
i use biggest.co.uk  £100 ish to buy the unit then £5 pm per van

mjm

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2018, 03:34:55 pm »
hi  since you have put the tracker  into the vehicle   and notified  your insurance   how much has your insurance gone down        anyone

Phil J

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2018, 05:51:48 pm »
Contacted my insurance and it didn't make a difference, no rate reduction, which doesn't make sense to me. Surely this should make a difference  if your vehicle is stolen!

mjm

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2018, 06:47:14 pm »
thats stupid  no reduction  thats  one of the reasons i was lookimg in to  it  they always ask   do you have a safe driving sticker or a tracker    i would ask them again

Phil J

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2018, 09:04:20 pm »
Hey mjm,
I suppose it depends on the insurance company, mine didn't want to know. Crazy really because to me a tracker should make a difference!

mjm

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2018, 09:28:01 pm »
yeh    iam calling my insurance tomorrow     as iam changing address  and i need to know if premium changes  so i will ask them