Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom-01

Re: My window cleaner
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2018, 07:45:33 am »
Hi Tom xx

Hi Bumgle.

Are you still crying over the nasty fireman? And now stressed out because someone can earn more than you cleaning one house to your three?

Maybe it's time to look for another job. I hear Warwick Castle have a position open for a jester to greet people at the gates.

John Mart

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2018, 07:49:44 am »
Hi Tom xx

Hi Bumgle.

Are you still crying over the nasty fireman? And now stressed out because someone can earn more than you cleaning one house to your three?

Maybe it's time to look for another job. I hear Warwick Castle have a position open for a jester to greet people at the gates.

;D ;D ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2018, 09:52:49 am »
Price debates are pointless on here as there would be no chance of a £25min charge in Doncaster. However saying that, he could in certain areas and so it could be possible but at the cost of quantity. So again no chance of reaching is yearly figure.
However, obviously in the areas where marc is working it is extremely possible.
Yet I think the morale being is to set the very best price you can on every job and/or be daring on your prices.

Im thinking of changing my min charge to £12. Having a min charge certainly helps, it has for me and my marketing. Some areas now have stopped enquiring (council estates usually) as they know Im not going to be as cheap as ones targeting those areas.
Ones who can afford to dispose of that income per month contact me and town houses have a minimum of £20 for their average 3 bed semi.

I was speaking to a chap the other day who asked whats happening to window cleaning prices, as he felt £5 was a good going rate per house.     I told him that the days of window cleaners being just for beer money or cash on the side are fading quickly. Window cleaners sre investing in modern equipment and have more overheads now and focusing on making cleaning windows a business and as such prices are starting to reflect that.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Marc Stock

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2018, 09:57:33 am »
Good post Nathan.

Shrek

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2018, 10:22:21 am »
Good post mr k  & I would say definitely put your minimum up, if you’ve got enough work then why take on another £10 house? I took on a small semi on the edge of a council estate last week for £13 once a month , they were over the moon . Then someone else on there contacted me asking if I could beat their quote they’ve had for £7 😂 , I messaged them back saying £13 once a month , £18 every 2 months or £24 every 3 months. Obviously they declined, but it doesn’t bother me as I’m after a very small amount of work per month with high prices.
Keep pushing the boundaries and you won’t regret it

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2018, 01:04:25 pm »
Tardiness is the main issue, is it?

This one makes me laugh really.  In order to keep prices reasonable, it's better practice to have a full workload Spring to Autumn, and allow the gaps between cleans to grow longer in Winter.  There's little choice really with shorter daylight hours and down time for freeze ups.
The alternative is to make totally sure you can be on time in Winter, which would mean being very short of work from Spring to Autumn.
Apparently, the first scenario is called 'turning up when you feel like it.'
I once had a customer who complained that the gaps between my visits were too long.  He also used to want me to do extra jobs (with no notice) and even wanted me to de-moss his roof (I wouldn't do that).  Eventually, he sacked me (it was a relief).  Not before I pointed out that if even ten per cent of the customers wanted extra work done (as I did for him), the gaps between cleans would be even longer.  I knew I was staying sacked and was fine with that, but he did concede my point.

I disagree Paul......

IMO you should have enough work to do the same work all year round.i mean who works on after 330pm-4pm anyway?whether it's summer or winter?

The only difference for me is I usually have more add on jobs to squeeze in during spring/summer....

As for punctuality I'm very rarely late.if I am it's usually only a week and most customers don't care or notice....
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2018, 01:10:34 pm »

This one makes me laugh really.  In order to keep prices reasonable, it's better practice to have a full workload Spring to Autumn, and allow the gaps between cleans to grow longer in Winter.  There's little choice really with shorter daylight hours and down time for freeze ups.
The alternative is to make totally sure you can be on time in Winter, which would mean being very short of work from Spring to Autumn.
I once had a customer who complained that the gaps between my visits were too long.  He also used to want me to do extra jobs (with no notice) and even wanted me to de-moss his roof (I wouldn't do that).  Eventually, he sacked me (it was a relief).  Not before I pointed out that if even ten per cent of the customers wanted extra work done (as I did for him), the gaps between cleans would be even longer.  I knew I was staying sacked and was fine with that, but he did concede my point.

I disagree Paul......

IMO you should have enough work to do the same work all year round.i mean who works on after 330pm-4pm anyway?whether it's summer or winter?

The only difference for me is I usually have more add on jobs to squeeze in during spring/summer....

As for punctuality I'm very rarely late.if I am it's usually only a week and most customers don't care or notice....

That’s what I was thinking, if you’ve got 300 jobs a month , it won’t change that much throughout the year depending on the season  ???
Unless you’ve got your books full of ‘leave it til spring’ customers

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2018, 01:12:47 pm »
My earnings hardly change summer or winter.they remain the same apart from slightly increased earnings in the warmer months due to extra one off add on work...
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2018, 06:37:30 pm »

I disagree Paul......

Im with dazmond on this as well. 
I know many might stay out in summer months with it being lighter till later. But they will struggle come winter darker nights. Thats why I knock off between half three n four pm in summer, so come winter my normal routine is not disturbed too much.
Yet another factor is working through the rain, even if its half days so that your routine again doesnt get disrupted
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk