This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

groundhog

Spotless water Basingstoke
« on: March 18, 2018, 04:00:11 pm »
Does anyone here use spotless water in Basingstoke? I have been using them since my RO was destroyed by the frost a couple of weeks ago. I was quite impressed and despite having to travel 45 minutes each way to Basingstoke I was planning to use them for my water instead of producing my own. But yesterday I drove to Basingstoke to find that they had no water, I had to drive back and was unable to do any work. I was told by there helpline that they would let me know when there was water available again, I still haven't received a call and they are not answering there 24 hour helpline!!

So if anyone knows if there is water available at Basingstoke can they please let me know, as I really don't want another wasted journey!

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: Spotless water Basingstoke
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 04:11:20 pm »
That's why you should stick to producing your own mate.   You're in control of water production rather then depending on another source controlling your water.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

groundhog

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 04:15:45 pm »
That's why you should stick to producing your own mate.   You're in control of water production rather then depending on another source controlling your water.

Don't worry Paul, I am definitely going back to producing my own water. Only trouble is the main membrane on my RO is dried out and I'm going to have to fork out £300 for a new one. So until I get it all working again I'm stuck for water. So if anyone knows if there is water at Basingstoke please let me know. Thanks

dd

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 04:25:03 pm »
If you lose more than a days work it will cost you £300. Plus the £300 is tax deductible. A 90 minute round trip to fill up your tank is 90 minutes too far in my book.

Going by previous post of yours over the years you generally seem to do well for yourself, I am bemused why you have not been smarter in this instance.

groundhog

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 04:26:59 pm »
Oh well it was worth a try.  I need water for tomorrow so I am going to chance it, Basingstoke here I come! Wish me luck!!!

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 04:41:19 pm »
Can't you just use DI only until you get your RO up and running again?

So glad I don't have to faff around with ROs.

It takes me 30 mins(at the most )to fill my tank up DI only.....
price higher/work harder!

John Mart

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 05:05:06 pm »
I’m staggered that anyone would rely on an outside source that is 45 minutes away rather than producing their own water. You have only yourself to blame and driving there tomorrow on the off chance they’ll have some is idiotic.

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2018, 05:23:05 pm »
90 mile round drive must cost you at least a tenner in fuel? 5 days a week is 50 quid and your paying through the nose for water AND you lost a days work.

Forget going to Basingstoke in the morning, Go but a new bloody R.O from your nearest supplier!

Pete Thompson

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2018, 06:01:21 pm »
I would NEVER depend on someone / something else for something so essential as my pure water.
If there's any problem with it, you can't work.

And travelling 90 minutes to get it?  No chance.

As daz has pointed out, why not just go DI only until you get sorted out?

Or better yet, get your new RO sorted out ASAP.

groundhog

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2018, 06:20:15 pm »

The water here has a TDS of 275 so I don't think DI only is an option?

Anyhow I have just got back from Basingstoke with 800 litres of pure water so I'm ok for a couple of days. Hopefully Spotless water will compensate me for my loss of a days work and the inconvenience, I will let you know how it goes. I am intending  on upgrading my RO from a 20 inch to a 40 inch main membrane, and this time I'm not leaving it outside during the next cold snap!!

H2GoKent

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2018, 06:31:59 pm »
I have unit supplying Purified water in Westgate on sea, Kent.

We use the water for own work as well and have two Industrial RO units and 6 x 100 litre tank so we never run out. So you can depend on some people.

Spotless charge 3p a litre as well, too much.
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

Simon Trapani

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2018, 06:55:11 pm »

The water here has a TDS of 275 so I don't think DI only is an option?

Anyhow I have just got back from Basingstoke with 800 litres of pure water so I'm ok for a couple of days. Hopefully Spotless water will compensate me for my loss of a days work and the inconvenience, I will let you know how it goes. I am intending  on upgrading my RO from a 20 inch to a 40 inch main membrane, and this time I'm not leaving it outside during the next cold snap!!

Really??? Why the hell would they do that?

How hand to mouth do you live?

groundhog

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2018, 07:33:56 pm »

We use the water for own work as well and have two Industrial RO units and 6 x 100 litre tank so we never run out. So you can depend on some people.

Sounds good, shame you're not based in Hampshire!

Mick Kent

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2018, 09:00:38 pm »

How much do you charge for 650 litres of pure?

dan paton

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2018, 10:14:55 pm »
There’s another place in basingstoke sells water but their dearer than spotless. I’m half an hour away and wouldn’t travel that far for water. You would be cheaper using double di

Tom-01

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2018, 10:35:15 pm »
You've had a couple of weeks to buy a new RO... why didn't you do that?! #unbelievablegeoff

H2GoKent

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2018, 11:40:55 pm »

How much do you charge for 650 litres of pure?
Depends whether you are a one off customer or a regular, for that amount per week? Probably about £50 a month
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

Slacky

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2018, 12:30:50 am »
You’re mental driving from your neck of the woods for water. The last video I saw of you online was where you were knocking out fronts in 6 or 7 minutes. You timed it and videoed it to prove your point.  Now you haven’t been able to cobble together £300 at any point in the last fortnight.

Something smells fishy.

Anyway, if you insist on purchasing your water in Basingstoke and spotless aren’t working these guys flog it as well http://www.aquafactors.com

Slacky

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2018, 12:44:59 am »

Anyhow I have just got back from Basingstoke with 800 litres of pure water so I'm ok for a couple of days. Hopefully Spotless water will compensate me for my loss of a days work and the inconvenience, I will let you know how it goes.

Dick! That won’t happen. Did you sign a contract with Spotless where they promised you they’d supply you with water.

Let us know if you get anywhere with your claim, I drove 4,000 miles last week looking for a fill  up from them, lost 10 days work.

I must be due 4K from them at these rates.

G Griffin

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2018, 12:54:11 am »
I can't believe they have a helpline  ;D.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐