Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Marc Stock

Re: DATABASE CLEAN UP- & my 15 Month Push to 80K
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2017, 10:04:36 am »
LOL. its not a great posts it makes no sense what so ever

Sorry Dry Clean. Please let me clarify.

Crabble be sgug. Hughs hhsh it a nan by lala heh yehafeg.

Done hehy don wiandy byonat bomg losn hsj heha ns. Plen ana. Eh hana  hhak hhauy jong op haun long hin ahaub he jo nob nom long chi via bang bang

Hope that clarified things for you.

From now on i will reply to your posts in the language you are familiar with as demonstrated above. You never have anything positive to say anyway.
Iv heard you have a excellent singing voice.
Ghu gth blom ne nah haha ip now cjange vnuag.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2017, 10:05:40 am »
Hi Marc, excellent post. I would advise keeping the forum updated with your progress. This gives you some accountability, which, is a very important part of the goal setting/achieving process. Your goals and plans are YOURS, you are the only one who knows your own situation.
To clarify!!!!  Anything is possible with your window cleaning business, including building up a big business and getting off the tools WITHOUT financial risk taking.
Study the different ways of expanding, you do not need to employ to have a multi van operation. What you have shared with us and your plans for the coming months/year are perfect for whichever route of expansion you decide.
P.S> This is not smoke blowing or kissing anywhere I would rather not, I don't need to.
All the best for 2018.

Marc Stock

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2017, 10:17:23 am »
Thanks David.

I will keep you posted, i employ both me and the missus on PAYE anyway so i already have two employees running the business. But i want to grow it so i can get someone on tools. Even if its for 3 days a week  and i do 2 days over two vans.

Problem with people like Dry C**** is that they are 'cant people'. You can't do that...you can't do this...you only have to look at the history of his replies to see that with others.

Ps Dry C**** im happy to give you singing lessons from what i can tell you need them.

Marc Stock

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2017, 10:42:31 am »
Just got a call from the artist about my logo redesign.  He has some sketches for me to look at later

Its all go

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2017, 11:29:26 am »
Well just been through a thorough clean up of customers on the database. I decided to remove customers on the database that fell into the following categories:

1) canceled more than 2 occasions in the last year
2) removed customers that were marked "on hold" for various reasons (building work being done or will contact me when ready again).
3) removed drossy customers that just are not worth the effort.

my list has gone down from 300 customers to just 283.  :o with a new reduced turnover of £47k per year from £49,700. its made me feel a bit....blahh  :-[ :-[ :-[. but at least i have a solid basis to build from in 2018.

i always seem to hit a peak...and kind of stay there...not this time i am ready for a big old push. By March 2019 i need to be around £80k per year. which is an extra £33k so here is my plan.

Working on the following figures:

£47,377 divided by 283 customers is an average yearly turnover of £167.41 per customer, which isn't actually that bad TBH I was quite surprised.

So to get to 80k per year turnover, starting from January 2018 to March 2019 i need an extra 195 customers  :'( :'( :'( :'( based on my figures.

15 months into 195= 13 new customers per month, every month for 15 months to March 2019. That is also depending on the following factors:

No one dies from my current list
No one cancells
and I get off my backside and canvass

So there you go. as of January 2018 i need to have at least 13 new customers to get a good start on my 15month push to 80k

And i'm going back to a 5 day week, no more 4 days (sometimes 3.5 day, due to some fridays being a half day). I consider this as my last big push in my window cleaning career; 15 years of window cleaning and i have had enough. I want to get the business to a new level where i can comfortably employ someone full time, failing this if i cant make it work thats it...im selling up and doing something else.

so 47k a year.is that over 52 weeks marc?as you need to take 6 weeks off that at least for holidays,sickness,xmas,bad weather etc.so thats roughly £900 a week.(6 x £900 =£5,400)off that 47k.so its more like £41-£42k a year(turnover not profit)

is that for 2 of you working in the business?

also why get rid of customers having building work done or who have skipped the odd clean?we all have customers like that but they still earn us money throughout the year.

some customers  die or cancel no matter how solid a round you ve got.

my turnover is around the £43-45k a year mark(after 6 weeks taken out for holidays) but its just me as a sole trader.no one else is employed.
price higher/work harder!

robbo333

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2017, 11:29:36 am »
Hi Marc

What's the best email to get you on?

Cheers

Robbo
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Dry Clean

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2017, 11:45:34 am »
Thanks David.

I will keep you posted, i employ both me and the missus on PAYE anyway so i already have two employees running the business. But i want to grow it so i can get someone on tools. Even if its for 3 days a week  and i do 2 days over two vans.

Problem with people like Dry C**** is that they are 'cant people'. You can't do that...you can't do this...you only have to look at the history of his replies to see that with others.

Ps Dry C**** im happy to give you singing lessons from what i can tell you need them.

Dry Clean

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2017, 11:51:17 am »
Well just been through a thorough clean up of customers on the database. I decided to remove customers on the database that fell into the following categories:

1) canceled more than 2 occasions in the last year
2) removed customers that were marked "on hold" for various reasons (building work being done or will contact me when ready again).
3) removed drossy customers that just are not worth the effort.

my list has gone down from 300 customers to just 283.  :o with a new reduced turnover of £47k per year from £49,700. its made me feel a bit....blahh  :-[ :-[ :-[. but at least i have a solid basis to build from in 2018.

i always seem to hit a peak...and kind of stay there...not this time i am ready for a big old push. By March 2019 i need to be around £80k per year. which is an extra £33k so here is my plan.

Working on the following figures:

£47,377 divided by 283 customers is an average yearly turnover of £167.41 per customer, which isn't actually that bad TBH I was quite surprised.

So to get to 80k per year turnover, starting from January 2018 to March 2019 i need an extra 195 customers  :'( :'( :'( :'( based on my figures.

15 months into 195= 13 new customers per month, every month for 15 months to March 2019. That is also depending on the following factors:

No one dies from my current list
No one cancells
and I get off my backside and canvass

So there you go. as of January 2018 i need to have at least 13 new customers to get a good start on my 15month push to 80k

And i'm going back to a 5 day week, no more 4 days (sometimes 3.5 day, due to some fridays being a half day). I consider this as my last big push in my window cleaning career; 15 years of window cleaning and i have had enough. I want to get the business to a new level where i can comfortably employ someone full time, failing this if i cant make it work thats it...im selling up and doing something else.

so 47k a year.is that over 52 weeks marc?as you need to take 6 weeks off that at least for holidays,sickness,xmas,bad weather etc.so thats roughly £900 a week.(6 x £900 =£5,400)off that 47k.so its more like £41-£42k a year(turnover not profit)

is that for 2 of you working in the business?

also why get rid of customers having building work done or who have skipped the odd clean?we all have customers like that but they still earn us money throughout the year.

some customers  die or cancel no matter how solid a round you ve got.

my turnover is around the £43-45k a year mark(after 6 weeks taken out for holidays) but its just me as a sole trader.no one else is employed.

Its just one big Why? Dazmond but say nothing as Iv already upset him enough. lol.

Dry Clean

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2017, 12:06:46 pm »
Hi Marc, excellent post. I would advise keeping the forum updated with your progress. This gives you some accountability, which, is a very important part of the goal setting/achieving process. Your goals and plans are YOURS, you are the only one who knows your own situation.
To clarify!!!!  Anything is possible with your window cleaning business, including building up a big business and getting off the tools WITHOUT financial risk taking.
Study the different ways of expanding, you do not need to employ to have a multi van operation. What you have shared with us and your plans for the coming months/year are perfect for whichever route of expansion you decide.
P.S> This is not smoke blowing or kissing anywhere I would rather not, I don't need to.
All the best for 2018.

There always a financial risk when going from a sole trader to an employer, granted in window cleaning that risk would be less
than it would be in other professions.
For a start you have to cover an employees wages and costs until you have gained enough extra work to cover these costs,
the problem with some on here is they want the employee to take all the pain while they sit back and eventually reap the rewards, theres always exceptions to the rules but good employees dont tend to be people desperate to put up with anything.

Og

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2017, 12:18:40 pm »
Don’t listen to to haters.
It’s easy.
All you need to do is get more work, do it, then get paid.
Study employment law and up your insurance etc.
It really isn’t difficult.
I would get another van as soon as you can. Makes more money. Also one guy cleaning while you’re canvassing.
Good luck!

Marc Stock

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2017, 12:19:53 pm »
The 47k is currently what my customer list is showing at on the database. This consists of monthly cleans (12) bi monthly cleans (6) and quarterly cleans (4) per year.

The ones that mess about i have taken off the list, the ones that are having building work done i have taken off the list until they complete the work and they will go back on the list.

The 47k is completed over 4 days a week throughout the year. I havent taken a holiday for more than 1 week at a time the only holiday i have taken this year is now and i simply worked 5 days a week in December. I still complete the same work.

As far as wages are concerned both me and the wife take a basic salary each on PAYE which covers our living costs and the rest of the profit stays in the business. If i need extra money i draw a directors loan and will wrtite that total down on a div certificate at the end of year from the NET profits.

Currently as the business stands to date i have completed £34k in turnover and on track for around £46k of actual turnover by the end of March, which is approx 4k per month. Actually in jan its 4700 and feb 3300 and visa versa.

Now going back to the customer list. I removed people that didn't actually contribute to my turnover this year due to messing about, building work etc.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2017, 01:05:21 pm »
All the best for 2018.

There always a financial risk when going from a sole trader to an employer, granted in window cleaning that risk would be less
For a start you have to cover an employees wages and costs until you have gained enough extra work to cover these costs,
the problem with some on here is they want the employee to take all the pain while they sit back and eventually reap the rewards, theres always exceptions to the rules but good employees dont tend to be people desperate to put up with anything.

You are quite correct with the above statement.
I would suggest going down the franchising route to eliminate any financial risk.
Basically, work flat out till you cannot fit any more customers in your round. 'Find' a suitable franchisee, train them, give them half your round.  Repeat this process until you are paid enough in commission for you to come off the tools. It really is that simple.

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2017, 02:03:29 pm »
as long as my profit is around 30-32k  a year after ALL expenses,taxes,insurances are taken out im happy.although itll be less this year due to investing in diesel heater,upgraded electrics etc.

good luck with it marc but what happened last time you expanded?(as its not the first time you ve done this).

with your experience of doing it before you stand a better chance of making a success of it.

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Marc Stock

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2017, 02:34:44 pm »
as long as my profit is around 30-32k  a year after ALL expenses,taxes,insurances are taken out im happy.although itll be less this year due to investing in diesel heater,upgraded electrics etc.

good luck with it marc but what happened last time you expanded?(as its not the first time you ve done this).

with your experience of doing it before you stand a better chance of making a success of it.

best wishes

dazmond

Thanks Dazmond.

Yes the last time i did this it did go tits. Mostly down to me staying a sole trader and not taking profesional advice for bookkeeping and taxation; plus i was younger and less experienced.

As a sole trader imo if you are making more than £35k a year in profit it starts to become an exercise of constantly justifying to HMRC what expenses are allowable and are not. And trust me as a sole trader you have no contest against them once you are on thier radar, they will argue that black is white if they have a strong chance of getting more out of you.

Then you have payments on account which becomes a real pain. And as you start to approach upper tax bracket it becomes less and less worthwhile.

What i am doing is the following:

Keeping profits in the company, only paying what i need in wages for me and the missus on PAYE so no payments on account.  And by having a ltd company using chartered accountants you have much more om your side.

Dry Clean

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2017, 04:09:53 pm »
All the best for 2018.

You are quite correct with the above statement.
I would suggest going down the franchising route to eliminate any financial risk.
Basically, work flat out till you cannot fit any more customers in your round. 'Find' a suitable franchisee, train them, give them half your round.  Repeat this process until you are paid enough in commission for you to come off the tools. It really is that simple.

Its not that simple, lets take Dazmonds round as an example, he's a focused guy who has his round refined and successful
giving him around £47k before costs, (most on here including myself find that impressive).
That said I certainly wouldnt take half of it as a franchise as there would be little left after costs and commission, he could still
build a successful franchise business by giving up all his round though and taking a financial cut until he builds another round
and then repeating that again and again until he can come off the tools.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2017, 04:32:08 pm »
Dryclean, do you have any experience in franchising? I am guessing the answer is no.
I am telling you it really is that simple. I am not saying its easy and everyone could do it, but it is a simple business model to follow.

Steve Newres

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2017, 05:14:03 pm »
Dryclean, do you have any experience in franchising? I am guessing the answer is no.
I am telling you it really is that simple. I am not saying its easy and everyone could do it, but it is a simple business model to follow.
To get back to £47 if he came off the tools he’d need to quadruple his work to just under £200k, correct?

Lee Pryor

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2017, 05:49:01 pm »
I cant resist

There is nothing wrong with his plan at all. Hes set a goal worked out what it will take to reach that goal. Its just getting on with it that matters. The way round he chooses to do things is up to him and does not make his plan idiotic in any way.

Dry clean you really are top of my list of people I would like to see removed from this forum. Not because you dont kiss ass but because you are just the most negative person here. Not a nice word to say about anything! Ever! You hide behind your fake name with no details of who you are, where your from, what your business is called. How do you know what should and shouldnt be done and in what order. Lets see something about you. What is your business website, lets all have a look at your level of success.

Stop hiding behind your fake name.... Lets all see who you are.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Dry Clean

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2017, 07:06:13 pm »
I cant resist

There is nothing wrong with his plan at all. Hes set a goal worked out what it will take to reach that goal. Its just getting on with it that matters. The way round he chooses to do things is up to him and does not make his plan idiotic in any way.

Dry clean you really are top of my list of people I would like to see removed from this forum. Not because you dont kiss ass but because you are just the most negative person here. Not a nice word to say about anything! Ever! You hide behind your fake name with no details of who you are, where your from, what your business is called. How do you know what should and shouldnt be done and in what order. Lets see something about you. What is your business website, lets all have a look at your level of success.

Stop hiding behind your fake name.... Lets all see who you are.

Stop crying Lee, off course you would want me removed as you would anybody else who can see through your nonsense,
there's nothing Iv said that cant be debated so instead of yapping why not debate the subject at hand and point out where or what Iv said which is wrong. (roll eyes).

Just to be clear I said his plan didn't make sense, I only said it was idiotic when it got a bit bitchy on both sides, for that I
apologize.

Dry Clean

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2017, 07:12:43 pm »

Iv given you Dazmonds stats as he would be considered a successful sole trader, go ahead and explain how he could easily turn his business into a franchise ?